Sign in to follow this  
RJC68

Navigraph Charts 8 to be released sometime during next week

16 minutes ago, cappy42 said:

Will this come with a paid Navigraph subscription or is this extra?

It is included in the subscription price. 

• Like 1

At this point Aivlasoft EFB is becoming redundant, for me anyway. I have everything I need using Charts 8. love it!

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Navigraph should stick with providing a chart viewer and updating navdata. The rest is mostly visual knick knacks. Can't comment on the vfr stuff. 

How many people really use the Navigraph flight planner? 

I like what they added, but not liking that they got rid of the world view map. I liked that for monitoring flights and seeing just what towns you were flying over.

Just now, Ricardo41 said:

Navigraph should stick with providing a chart viewer and updating navdata. The rest is mostly visual knick knacks. Can't comment on the vfr stuff. 

I normally use it to start, then export to LNM to edit it.

Really like the new look, probably the end of me using Aivlasoft, although think LNM will stay as it shows AI and MSFS parking/taxiways/runways...... which are not always the same !!...

Much rather have this than just "charts", some of the new features are fantastic-auto pinboard & weather I like in particular..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

3 minutes ago, rjquick said:

I like what they added, but not liking that they got rid of the world view map. I liked that for monitoring flights and seeing just what towns you were flying over.

You can see that in VFR map, although World did it better...

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Yes. Happened many times already. 

And I can't find the world map if it's there. It's probably there, as it was mentioned earlier in this thread. So I'm probably just stupid for not finding it 🙂

Good question. If it's allowed to ask this question, perhaps it's against the community rules. 

Yeah, one of the first things I noticed was that the world map was gone. Once the planning is done that is the map I use to monitor the flight. Maybe it's there and I just can't find it.

9 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

You can see that in VFR map, although World did it better...

G

So, I found the closest you can get to it is to turn off all filters except for infrastructure. You can also turn on 'base' which gives terrain detail. It is still really lacking compared to the old world view and you must zoom way in to any detail, but you do get some city and town names. If you turn on any of the other filters, the sparse map features that you do get disappear.

It's always frustrating to me that while trying to improve software, they will remove things that there was nothing wrong with and a nice feature. Why remove it?

On 11/8/2022 at 2:06 PM, algy10 said:

Quote:

Price Adjustments

Just epic when my yearly renews a day later on the 9th

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

59 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

All the time! It is generally much more efficient finning unusual routes when compared to SimBrief. 

• Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

If Navigraph flight planning were more "efficient" compared to Simbrief, they wouldn't have bought out Simbrief.😏

I plan my flights in Simbrief, select appropriate SIDs and STARs, done. Simbrief also provides all the other information needed for a flight. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, peloto said:

The VFR map is incomplete without the explaining charts of each airport, enough if you know already the VFR procedures of that airport and with Simlink shows you where you are, though is there a way to download the original VFR charts for each airport in the app?, I don´t find it.

I guess in the near future the inside FS20 Navigraph app will be updated with the new VFR maps etc., appreciated, and more appreciated in VR and the other wise tablets or EFB´s that use the Navigraph app inside them.

Sadly no:

https://forum.navigraph.com/t/in-game-panel-update/9728

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/626137-navigraph-charts-8-to-be-released-sometime-during-next-week/page/3/

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rjquick said:

They did not in settings you can add or delete stuff on the map, it is better then before!

8 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

They did not in settings you can add or delete stuff on the map, it is better then before!

You can manipulate the VFR map to be similar, but not as good as the previous world map IMO. I hope they reconsider and bring it back. I do like the new Navigraph update though. Adding the weather info is a nice touch.

3 hours ago, rjquick said:

Yeah, one of the first things I noticed was that the world map was gone. Once the planning is done that is the map I use to monitor the flight. Maybe it's there and I just can't find it.

Same. In the previous version I always used the world map. I only switched to IFR if I needed to look at an airway or find a waypoint. 

Still haven't found the world map. It's probably there though - somewhere 🙂

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”