Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

A lot of bugs are starting to show in SU11

Never experienced CTDs on both my MSFS pc’s…

SU11 looks better than MSFS has ever looked to me.

As I use PSXT+RT+AIG I have great working Live AI ac.

Flightplanning I do in Prosim so I cannot comment on that.

As I use the Prosim 738 only I also cannot comment on the default ac

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I don't touch default ATC or flight planner.  They're all worthless in this sim, p3d/fsx, and xp11/12.

I do all my fms or gps entries in sim - thank goodness for WT GNS, G1000/3000 and TDS GTNXi.

Performance hasn't changed for me since SU10 (when it improved from 9).  

Yeah there are still annoying bugs but for me, especially with free user mods, this sim is the best one I've used in three decades.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

25 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Only 2 issues I have found with this update.

1. "Disconnected" keeps popping up quite frequently, did not have this issue before.

2. Real Traffic tanked my FPS, turning it OFF and ON again fixed it.

Other than that, sim is quite stable and I'm quite happy with it.

Try a cross county Longitude flight using the default flight planner.  Let us know how you make out...  It might work once or twice but you'll start to see the problems.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I only run a mid range system but prior to this update I had 30 fps and essentially very few stutters. I was more than happy.

Now with everything turned OFF in my community folder and resetting my graphic settings to low end (used to be high end) I still experience very bad stutters. What’s gone wrong ? 

• Like 1

Barry Wells

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

In reading the official forums and my experience this is turning out to be one buggy version of MSFS😌:

1. AI Live Traffic - This is far worse than before.  Now we have A330's just sitting on smaller GA field runways and not moving.  Their taking off and landing with more frequency than before.  Fields that never service these aircraft nor have the runway length now have these birds present.  I know some are using FSLTL but in not using Live Traffic I found you don't see traffic in your cockpit displays.  Not sure if that's new.

Please, sim processed live traffic does not work properly and most likely will never work properly, this has been true since release.  Third party is the only resolution for this.

2. ATC - Very buggy this time around.  If one aspect of the feature doesn't stop working, the whole thing stops responding.  This may or may not sort itself out once you get to top of decent.  

Please, sim processed ATC does not work properly and most likely will never work properly, this has been true since release.  Third party is the only resolution for this.

3. Default Flight Planning - Sometimes planned routes (KADS - KFFC, for example) will not show up in the Garman once you get into the sim.  I noticed this with a Longitude flight I was trying to take.

Please, sim provided database is not fully complete (omitting 15%-25%) and non portable to external application and most likely will never be modified to do so, this has been true since release.  This can impact operation of the GPS units. Third party is the only resolution for this.

4. Starting to see more CTD's on longer planned flights (using the default flight planner).  At various times on a long flight the sim will close down

This has been true since release and may never see resolution (i.e. not on the roadmap)

5. A small one is some default planes like the Longitude loads up with all the cockpits lights full on.  The overhead lights switches turn beyond their designed limit.

Understood and agreed

This time around It's almost like so many are mesmerized by the new aircraft and some features they haven't noticed the glaring elephants in the room... 🧐

Understood and agreed

I know some will say, 'I don't use that feature anyway' but long-standing features should work.  It's starting to be a pattern that right before Christmas and/or year end we get one final update and it hoses up many things in the sim.  It's like a nice little present from the developers.  I'm wondering what happened with the beta team on this one.  To not test ATC on long flights, CTD's, etc. escapes me.😕  I know there's allot of new cool aircraft and features, but long-standing items are broken now.  This happened last year with the Reno release and SU7 (the weather engine was screwed up all the way into February).  I hope we get one more update and/or patch before year's end.  To have a stable SU10 and now a buggy SU11 that's sitting around for a couple months is going to bite to say the least. 

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

3 minutes ago, Baz2742 said:

Now with everything turned OFF in my community folder and resetting my graphic settings to low end (used to be high end) I still experience very bad stutters. What’s gone wrong ? 

The MS servers have been overloaded the last few days... suggest going back to your previous settings and let the 40th anniversary rush run its course.. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bert

28 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Never experienced CTDs on both my MSFS pc’s…

SU11 looks better than MSFS has ever looked to me.

As I use PSXT+RT+AIG I have great working Live AI ac.

Flightplanning I do in Prosim so I cannot comment on that.

As I use the Prosim 738 only I also cannot comment on the default ac

So what is the point of your comment then? You do not use many of the core features of the sim anyway, so you have no experience in what is currently not working or working worse than before.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

The MS servers have been overloaded the last few days... suggest going back to your previous settings and let the 40th anniversary rush run its course.. 🙂

This is very true, especially for ATC issues. Note that there’s a reported issue with the A310 where depending on how you set up your comms panel you can either hear ATC or your own pilot but not both.  I mistook this for a general ATC issue but fortunately with other aircraft ATC is generally working (at least as it normally does).

AI traffic though definitely took a step backward with this update.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

It's always been a retail title that has been pretty good at what it does.  Inspired more real world pilots than any other piece of software.  There's no excuse for what's going on now, especially with a full beta team.

Regarding beta people, while they have a role in development there is an issue with their knowledge and experience. The same applies to the developer. 
Unfortunately in the end is always the developer's decision when to release the software regardless of the number of bugs and also if their quality control is inexistent this is why we keep on having multiple issues.
I've been on this road before and no matter what was said by the beta team, the developer went against our concerns by releasing the buggy software hoping that a large number of customers will not notice.
The same applies here, there are so many that think that everything is OK and blindfolded by the eye candy stuff.
Is getting quite upsetting to see release-after-release bugs over bugs.....
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

24 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Try a cross county Longitude flight using the default flight planner.  Let us know how you make out...  It might work once or twice but you'll start to see the problems.

Dillon, I think I know your issue with the Longitude. For some bizarre reason, if a waypoint's name is excessively long, then that lengthy name will crash the flight planner. For example, if one of your waypoints is KHTS, that should work fine. But if the name of your waypoint is The George Herbert Walker Bush Greater Houston Airport and Flight Instruction School, you'll likely have a problem. This is definitely a bug, You're exactly right. But avoiding or deleting waypoints with very long names will solve that problem. 

Edited by David Mills
  • Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

14 minutes ago, Farlis said:

So what is the point of your comment then? You do not use many of the core features of the sim anyway, so you have no experience in what is currently not working or working worse than before.

Did you read what I wrote ? Especially the first two lines 🧐

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

5 minutes ago, David Mills said:

Dillon, I think I know your issue with the Longitude. For some bizarre reason, if a waypoint's name is excessively long, then that lengthy name will crash the flight planner. For example, if one of your waypoints is KHTS, that should work fine. But if the name of your waypoint is The George Herbert Walker Bush Greater Houston Airport and Flight Instruction School, you'll likely have a problem. This is definitely a bug, You're exactly right. But avoiding or deleting waypoints with every long names will solve that problem. 

Thanks for the feedback Dave but this is not what I'm seeing.  I have the modded Longitude with the WT G3000, never had a problem with in SU10.  Now (since this is repeatable) doing a flight from KADS to KFCM is a problem.  All goes well in the flight planner.  Once I get in the aircraft the plan is not present in the G3000.  This actually is a deterioration of the issue.  At first it was there and ATC started crashing along the route as I flew. First after takeoff into the climb I lost the audio ability to speak to ATC.  The words were there I just couldn't hear my pilot voice.  Next ATC just locked up where I could respond back to them.  I did a 'Travel To' to decent and ATC was back but again I could not hear my pilot voice.  I landed and decided to try again.

Upon loading the exact same flight plan up in the default flight planner once I got into the Longitude the route was not present in the G3000.  Other airports don't seem to have this problem.  I tried a flight out of Naples north to KFFC and the sim crashed over Tampa.  Looks to be an issue with flying over 3rd party scenery...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I know i have to respect that for some the core features that they use the most may be broken and is a showstopper. But for me .. these are niggles that are worth reporting to get fixed  .. but not worth having a rant over. Be mindlful that SU10 got delayed and its development extended.  That meant LESS TIME to work on SU11 ... and there are going to be some dates in the development cycle which are absolutely non negotiable due to its importance (The developer would rather release a product that mostly works than nothing at all) This is one of those dates. Also be mindful that in order to achieve certain longer term goals.. sometimes features will get broken in the process and will have to be broken before getting reprogrammed and optimized for the desired end result.

If the sim is broken beyond my urge to use it.. meh ... MWII just got released.  ill take a breather for the next couple of weeks while Asobo works on the fix. Would i be bummed? Absolutely but is it worth screaming to the skies about "going in the wrong direction" I would think not.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

I can count the number of CTDs I had with this sim on the finger of one hand  and still have digits to spare. 

I run everything on medium settings, with cockpit refresh rate at high, with the PMDG I get between 20 and 30 fps. Not great. But it works. 

I do my flight planning via simbrief and Navigraph, convert the plan to MSFS and have ATC as aural background, while I fly SIDs and STARs and approaches according to the charts. 

Weather looks great, clouds much improved, lighting and shadows are terrific with little to no impact on frame rates. 

My advice to folks who don't like the inbuilt ATC - ignore it and use charts. 

I'm happy with how this im is moving forward and don't get hung up on the occasional bug and regression. 

• Like 4

SU 11 has been quite smooth for me; no crashes and it looks great. And, I must say, the weather has been pretty much spot on every flight I have done. I mention this only as it seems that some people are quite stable and others are experiencing issues, so there could be local factors at play. AI traffic has not been so good in MSFS since the start and at this point I have largely tuned it out. I expect they will need to dedicate some real resources to this if it is going to get sorted out.

As for the other issues, I have no comment as I have never once used the default flight planner or the longitude. 

Dan Scott