Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

P3D and Unreal Engine - Article

I might add that it seems that XPlane has suffered the same fate as P3D vis a vis developers abandoning the platform for MSFS. XPlane 12 brings in a number of things similar to P3DV5 volumetric clouds, lighting etc and I do admit their scenery overall is very nice. However the sims achilles heel is again aeroplanes - so many but so few good ones! You can't even get the PMDG DC-6 (originally released for XPlane) anymore, No Milviz, No A2A, No Flght Replicas etc etc and so it goes. 

Bottom line anything LM can do that can pick up some of the legacy scenery issues (not so much airports most of these are first class) but general landscape etc would be welcome but I am well and truly not abandoning P3DV5 as my main sim platform. I can live with the odd bit of crappy scenery just to be able to fly all those wonderful aeroplanes developed over the years for FSX and brought into the P3DV5 world. The list there is endless actually. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Impressive Lockheed ... game changer.  UE5 is an excellent engine ... really looking forward to V6.

I think Adam Breed was project manager for P3D V3/4?

Wrong sub-forum...

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

It makes you wonder if LM have risen to the challenge thrown down by Microsoft. A battle of two behemoths can only be good for us consumers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

Another cult member!

Lol but they are so cute with the little x box tattoo on their necks!

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I know some of you will scratch your head reading this but the scenery really isn’t the most important thing to me when flying my IFR flights either in the PMDG737, Lear 25 or Concorde. Concorde flights are in P3D v3 and that involves VAS management. Remember that? 😉 That’s how important flying the aircraft is to me. And P3Dv5 scenery is pretty respectable.

Aircraft systems are paramount especially with Concorde with so much work required doing the FE’s job of fuel management as well as the pilot’s. Anyway, at Mach 2.0 11 miles up over ocean what is there to see other than a brief glimpse of subsonic aircraft 25,000ft below being overtaken at Mach 1.15. 😁 Pardon my sonic boom. 😁

I’ve never discounted MSFS but it would be for sightseeing. The serious stuff remains with P3D. I honestly don’t see that ever changing and I doubt I’m alone.

Horses for courses as the saying goes.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Nevermind.

Edited by Nixoq

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I know some of you will scratch your head reading this but the scenery really isn’t the most important thing to me

Crazy! Next thing you're going to tell us is that historical weather is also important to you. 😁

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nixoq said:

Nevermind.

I saw your reply in an email preview so I’ll reply if you don’t mind. I’ve never taken to Airbus as I find the instrumentation and system complexity unattractive. I have a GoFlight Boeing MCP which would clearly not work with it. Plus I have a Fulcrum yoke not suitable for Airbus.

I have already bought the PMDG737 twice, that’s enough. MD80 is of no interest probably like Concorde is of no interest to you. FSL Concorde 64-bit will be out in Q1 2023. The MSFS version will only follow after they have their Airbus fleet converted. I hope that explains my position.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Crazy! Next thing you're going to tell us is that historical weather is also important to you. 😁

Now now. 🤨

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

14 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I saw your reply in an email preview so I’ll reply if you don’t mind. I’ve never taken to Airbus as I find the instrumentation and system complexity unattractive. I have a GoFlight Boeing MCP which would clearly not work with it. Plus I have a Fulcrum yoke not suitable for Airbus.

I have already bought the PMDG737 twice, that’s enough. MD80 is of no interest probably like Concorde is of no interest to you. FSL Concorde 64-bit will be out in Q1 2023. The MSFS version will only follow after they have their Airbus fleet converted. I hope that explains my position.

All fine, I misunderstood your comment. I thought you meant MSFS can't support serious stuff like complex aircraft addons.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Just now, Nixoq said:

All fine, I misunderstood your comment. I thought you meant MSFS can't support serious stuff like complex aircraft addons.

That’s okay. I know it can. 👍

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This vid covering the Blackshark Unreal plugin for the entire world's scenery look like LM have made a good choice going with the Unreal engine, assuming they'll be incorporating the functionality that is. 😉

Cheers

https://youtu.be/czjczrxElkU

Edited by Rogen

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

3 hours ago, Rogen said:

assuming they'll be incorporating the functionality that is.

It kind of looks like that is where they are going -- starting to look a lot like MSFS in terms of scenery. It will be interesting to see if LM also provide an atmosphere, weather, and traffic or if they will just leave all this to third parties. And if they do leave it all to third parties, as they have now, will they begin making addons for it? 

It also seems reasonable to assume that this will mean all addons will need to be newly developed.

Edited by Cognita

Dan Scott

11 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

II’ve never taken to Airbus as I find the instrumentation and system complexity unattractive. I have a GoFlight Boeing MCP which would clearly not work with it. Plus I have a Fulcrum yoke not suitable for Airbus.

What about the A310? It has a yoke and its systems are quite unique and challenging when compared to the A320. Really like those early 80s jetliners like the 767, A300/310 or even the MD-11, which came out a bit later. 

Edited by GCBraun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus