Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

No Live Weather

5 minutes ago, KDooter said:

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: I experienced the issue with all mods disabled. Its not the mods. Looks like there is a very weird widespread issue going on with live weather. There are reports of it being frozen on a certain date (like mine) as well as clouds not loading in. Who tf knows what's going on?

I knew that post was coming 🤣

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

4 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

"We're investigating". Surely you can give us more information. Seems like every update just bricks the weather.

There is no surely...  They may not have any information to give.  The amount of time it can take to gather logs and get to an RCA if there is ever an RCA is much greater than one would expect.  My last troubleshooting call with a customer was 52 hours straight of "investigating" (scouring logs, collecting data etc) followed by a 5 minute fix and 3 months later we don't actually have an RCA.  

It's not always that simple and with what my customer spends every year you'd think they'd be entitled to a pretty quick answer and we truly want to give them a root cause but to date we can't.  

It can just be the nature of the beast when it comes to IT hardware/software 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

49 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Seems like every update just bricks the weather.

I was in the beta and had fine weather (well, subject  to the current METAR) ever since, including the last days. Just saying it must not necessarily be the update. I noticed however an increase of connection lost messages over last week, usually just lasting max 1 minute though

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Real helpful update there from our favorite small indie dev.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

2 hours ago, psolk said:

There is no surely...  They may not have any information to give.  The amount of time it can take to gather logs and get to an RCA if there is ever an RCA is much greater than one would expect.  My last troubleshooting call with a customer was 52 hours straight of "investigating" (scouring logs, collecting data etc) followed by a 5 minute fix and 3 months later we don't actually have an RCA.  

It's not always that simple and with what my customer spends every year you'd think they'd be entitled to a pretty quick answer and we truly want to give them a root cause but to date we can't.  

It can just be the nature of the beast when it comes to IT hardware/software 

It is when without fail it happens mostly every update, a pattern forms. When its been happening for about a week no communication people start to get fed up. Especially when its being reported and not even an acknowledgement about it.... to properly a few hours ago

Edited by carlanthony24

1 hour ago, DAD said:

I was in the beta and had fine weather (well, subject  to the current METAR) ever since, including the last days. Just saying it must not necessarily be the update. I noticed however an increase of connection lost messages over last week, usually just lasting max 1 minute though

Lucky you but its becoming a pattern with an update being released then live weather giving up its been a problem since like SU7 or something....

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

Lucky you but its becoming a pattern with an update being released then live weather giving up its been a problem since like SU7 or something....

Random Server outages became common from SU5 onwards, live weather has always had glitches and downtime since day one. You/others are correct, there is a pattern to live weather issues shortly after an update release which may just be coincidence but it's happening far too regularly for that IMO.

The trouble is it doesn't affect everyone all the time, I've seen reports of no live weather with the official form blowing up about it but it's been fine when I'm in game. Sure they need to find the cause and see what they can do, but with a persistent online game such as this these issues will always occur from time to time unfortunately.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

weather or MSFS no starting or low bandwith - it's all about server issues, today MSFS could not be started here. Seems to be a problem growing up on MS side. As I understand from Flightsimulator Forum, they do not want to speak about it since it could affect there business plans for tomorrow...

Best regards

Ralf Andreas

In the news they tell me since several days that there ar large ransomware attacks on servers worldwide.

Especially Italy was hit in the last days, but it is a worldwide attack going on AFAIK

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14 hours ago, KDooter said:

UPDATE: My issue turns out to have been an addon. Removing all files from community resolved the issue. Looks like multiple addons causing it, or something even funkier of which I know nothing. 

By any chance the addon is Sky4Sim?

It recently updated to v1.6. Afterwards I started having the METAR/Live weather issues. Removed it and while METAR remains broken (reverting to 25th, 26th Jan), at least the "persistent clear skies" issue is gone and in sim weather synchs with the METAR. Not sure if related though, just trying to troubleshoot on my end.. 

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

5 hours ago, guenseli said:

In the news they tell me since several days that there ar large ransomware attacks on servers worldwide.

Especially Italy was hit in the last days, but it is a worldwide attack going on AFAIK

And hence why MS will never let it be known their servers were attacked and downed. It shows large business customers Azure is susceptible to being attacked and they take their business to AWS.

Eric 

Is there any guidance on how to create more or less realistic weather using MSFS custom weather editor + real-world METAR? 

29 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Is there any guidance on how to create more or less realistic weather using MSFS custom weather editor + real-world METAR? 

I don't think that when you manually set the weather, METAR data get's merged with it...

It'll be up to you to define the weather parameters to properly match your airfield.

Out of curiosity, Aerowinx PSX does allow for the merge between RW METAR and custom weather defined based on it's built in Global Weather Model + Editor. There is yet another simulator following the same approah - Airlinetools A32x-.

In XP12 and in MFS, you either use manual weather or online weather, and you only get METAR data when online.

Edited by cagarini
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...