Sign in to follow this  
Whisper202

PMDG 737-900 released......

@pommy80 Good point. Notice how they didn't do a 700 & 800 in a single bundle though as that's all anyone would've bought 🤣

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

If PMDG announced they were giving away the 900 I guarantee you multiple people would take issue with it. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

21 minutes ago, RobJC said:

If PMDG announced they were giving away the 900 I guarantee you multiple people would take issue with it. 

Butbutbut no EFB!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Nixoq said:

That's a bizarre statement to be honest.

It's got a robust EFB with autoimport of Simbrief routes, pleasant and not overdone crew announcements, a raft of what Airbus' FBW avionic full of all manner of verification monitors, flies and lands better (IMHO of course), and to me it just is more fun to fly, and I come from decade of Boeing in FSX/P3D.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

8 hours ago, B777ER said:

Stockholm syndrome.

Is it?  Or, is it an objectively accurate claim made by someone who has some understanding of the real aircraft being simulated, vs someone who thinks they understand based on time in a video game?

You won't find too many Boeing pilots who have tried the PMDG products and aren't absolutely flabbergasted at what they've achieved, and that it can all be had for a couple hundred bucks.

It seems you will find some gamers with that mentality though.  ;)

Edited by Stearmandriver
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 5

Andrew Crowley

1 hour ago, Noel said:

It's got a robust EFB with autoimport of Simbrief routes, pleasant and not overdone crew announcements, a raft of what Airbus' FBW avionic full of all manner of verification monitors, flies and lands better (IMHO of course), and to me it just is more fun to fly, and I come from decade of Boeing in FSX/P3D.  

I see it comes down to what priorities people have, fair enough. I attributed "detailed and complex" to aircraft systems simulation, where the PMDG is ahead of the FBW overall, at least for now.

• Like 4

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

4 hours ago, Nixoq said:

I see it comes down to what priorities people have, fair enough. I attributed "detailed and complex" to aircraft systems simulation, where the PMDG is ahead of the FBW overall, at least for now.

I guess but the FBW has all the systems needed to fly from A to B and then some and a lot of the control in PMDG via its FMC isn't even about the plane's systems per se it's about customizing displays etc.  It doesn't have the feedback monitors the FBW implements, the systems, TO and landing checks and so forth.  It really seems crude in some ways by comparison but I guess that's the plane itself more than its implementation.  And bonus--doesn't cost anything

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

7 hours ago, RobJC said:

Maybe some people are suffering 737 fatigue and want to see something different?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, kiwikat said:

Butbutbut no EFB!!!!!!!!!!

This probably takes another half ( or more ) year..

We all know PMDG, do we ? 🤣

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I have two sets of throttles one for Airbus and one for Boeing. I like to have it all!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JYW said:

FSX = all variants for £80

MSFS = all variants for £179

Since the cargo and BBJ's are also included (as appropriate) with each variant in MSFS, if you bought all 737 packages (pax, BBJ, and cargo) for P3D and all for MSFS the difference would be in the neighborhood of +$40US (if you didn't have the NGXu credit of $99).  Just trying to compare things as close as possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Noel said:

I guess but the FBW has all the systems needed to fly from A to B and then some and a lot of the control in PMDG via its FMC isn't even about the plane's systems per se it's about customizing displays etc.  It doesn't have the feedback monitors the FBW implements, the systems, TO and landing checks and so forth.  It really seems crude in some ways by comparison but I guess that's the plane itself more than its implementation.  And bonus--doesn't cost anything

Where you really see the difference in systems depth is in abnormals; either failure-driven or pilot screw ups.  It's amazing to see the real-world chain of likely unanticipated events occur in the PMDG in these scenarios; things I've watched play out in the real plane or a level D sim.  This is the kind of stuff that doesn't really happen in other sim aircraft.  Systems *appear* to work correctly when everything is normal, but if you really know the plane it's easy to see how this is all just a veneer, an appearance.

I'm not saying the PMDG is perfect, but more often than not when I get it into these regimes, I find myself commenting about how it demonstrates that these systems actually work, vs just give the appearance of it.  

You have to really know the plane to appreciate this I guess, so maybe most simmers just don't care... But the reality is, it didn't end up this way by accident, it took a helluva lot of work.  So, it's funny to see people comment that $50 is grossly expensive.  😀

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

Andrew Crowley

3 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

So, it's funny to see people comment that $50 is grossly expensive.  😀

I suspect not all, but some of those whining will be the ones who would be quite happy to spend that $50 on a packet of cigarettes and a round of drinks! :biggrin: 

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 2

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

21 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

I suspect not all, but some of those whining will be the ones who would be quite happy to spend that $50 on a packet of cigarettes and a round of drinks! :biggrin: 

and  they  still will whine,  least  if  you buy  the  pmdg at least  you  get  it  forever  to use and  guess  what  at least  things  will get added eg   efb  🙂

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

24 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

What I do with new products is to calculate how many hours of fun it will give me and see the price then. So it will be hundreds of hours for 50 bucks. Also a lot of devs work on this project and as a software dev I know what it means to develop things like that. 
But crying Is sexier. I know. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1