Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

UFO shot down.

A coast guard plane with a hailing megaphone shouted RAID ! And the strange craft sped away.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Its a preamble to an EMP attack by the rest of the world against the USA due to the fact its an evil empire. Laugh away clowns we're all going to be dead soon and the survivors will be eating their neighbours shortly there after. 🤮🤣

Edited by FBW737

another  one  has  been  shot  down  makes  total  of  4  so  far

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4 hours ago, pete_auau said:

another  one  has  been  shot  down  makes  total  of  4  so  far

Is it 4 now? I thought it was 3.

This is crazy, mad idea, but I'm wondering if its possible to fly past the lower altitude objects and net or hook them for retrieval, given the new ones seem quite small.  I recall the US had a system a few years back, where they would catch personnel on the ground and drag them into the back of a Hercules.  Bonkers idea and lots of Avsimers will now descend and point out why. 😄

1 hour ago, martin-w said:

Is it 4 now? I thought it was 3.

This is crazy, mad idea, but I'm wondering if its possible to fly past the lower altitude objects and net or hook them for retrieval, given the new ones seem quite small.  I recall the US had a system a few years back, where they would catch personnel on the ground and drag them into the back of a Hercules.  Bonkers idea and lots of Avsimers will now descend and point out why. 😄

yep  count  till   now  is  4 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/4-flying-objects-shot-north-america-timeline-key/story?id=97068603

hope its  not  the  aliens behind  this   🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

We are not alone...

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

hope its  not  the  aliens behind  this   🙂

Ha... we'd have trouble shooting those guys down. Inertial dampeners engaged. zip... zip... Where's it gone? 🤔

4 hours ago, martin-w said:

This is crazy, mad idea, but I'm wondering if its possible to fly past the lower altitude objects and net or hook them for retrieval, given the new ones seem quite small.  I recall the US had a system a few years back, where they would catch personnel on the ground and drag them into the back of a Hercules.

I would think anything would be better than firing missiles all over the place.

How could a Hercules, flying at 120kts or so, capture a person on the ground without injury? 

I found it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulton_surface-to-air_recovery_system

I liked this bit: "After experiments with instrumented dummies, Fulton continued to experiment with live pigs, as pigs have a nervous system close to humans. Lifted off the ground, the pig began to spin as it flew through the air at 125 miles per hour (200 km/h). It arrived on board uninjured, but in a disoriented state. When it recovered, it attacked the crew."

Some examples from the past:

"During the Cold War, Lockheed HC-130 Hercules and Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar airlifters were used to recover film capsules ejected from unmanned high-altitude reconnaissance balloons under programs such as Project Genetrix and Project Moby Dick. The C-130 was also used to recover film capsules ejected from the experimental Lockheed D-21 high-speed reconnaissance drone.

NASA operated a Shorts Skyvan airplane nicknamed the “Ugly Hooker”, which was used for several years to recover instrument packages ejected from sounding rockets and unmanned research balloons.
The Dynetics X-61 reconnaissance drone is intended to be launched from a carrier aircraft and recovered in midair after their mission by a modified C-130 Hercules, using a device similar to that previously used to recover film capsules from spy satellites. [5] On the X-61's first flight, on January 17, 2020, the drone's main parachute failed to open, and the midair recovery failed, resulting in the loss of the drone.[6] Subsequent test flights have resulted in successful retrievals."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-air_retrieval 

Edited by dmwalker
  • Like 1

Dugald Walker

4 hours ago, martin-w said:

This is crazy, mad idea, but I'm wondering if its possible to fly past the lower altitude objects and net or hook them for retrieval, given the new ones seem quite small. 

How do you they're not?  How do you know the ones that were shot down haven't been retrieved by ground personnel?

What makes you think they don't know what they are?  Secrets are the government's stock in trade.  They let a little information out to settle your curiosity.  I've been assigned on projects where they did exactly that.  

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

20 minutes ago, dmwalker said:

NASA operated a Shorts Skyvan airplane nicknamed the “Ugly Hooker”

I bet that used to impress people in bars, I can just imagine someone stood at the bar in big sunglasses and a deep voice trying to impress the ladies “ actually I’m a pilot with NASA” - “ Wow you fly the space shuttle ! “ - “No, …a Shorts Skyvan”

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

33 minutes ago, dmwalker said:

NASA operated a Shorts Skyvan airplane nicknamed the “Ugly Hooker”,

I am sure a lot of serious thought went into that choice of nickname.

• Like 1

Dugald Walker

16 minutes ago, jon b said:

Wow you fly the space shuttle ! “ - “No, …a Shorts Skyvan”

Let's go back to the base and I'll show you my Shorts.

• Like 2

Dugald Walker

21 minutes ago, dmwalker said:

Let's go back to the base and I'll show you my Shorts.

Haha 😂 brilliant 

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Can I just mention that Short Brothers has quite a history, going back to the balloon age then, inspired by the Wright Brothers, immediately set up a company to manufacture aircraft and obtained the British rights to build copies of the Wright design. In 1988, they designed a regional jet which would have competed with the CRJ100 but that was cancelled when the company was sold to Bombardier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Brothers

Edited by dmwalker

Dugald Walker