Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

SU12 is LIVE

This doesn’t look like it fixes everything for everybody but it is sure an impressive change log. I’d like to see a lot more of these bugfix-first Sim Updates in the future.

• Like 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Hooray the regression bug for VR users with the toolbar has been ignored, what a word not allowed suprise, have they got ANY ONE capable of quality control in France? If so please apply for a job at Asobo because they need you!

Unbelievably frustrating to say the very least.  It always something stupid like this...always.  I know it might not seem like a big deal to many, and obviously not even a second thought to non VR users.  But as someone who uses the sim 100% of the time in VR...this is super annoying.  Judging by past VR toolbar issues (of which there have been a few), I'd be shocked if we got a patch prior to the next sim update.

This really impacts my workflow.  It basically renders Navigraph, Simbrief Panel, and Sky4Sim, all useless in VR now.  All three of which I use on ever single flight.  I'm word not allowed.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Farlis said:

It was appreciated. But ultimately uneccesarry if you think about. We all get the update no matter what, and while it downloads in the sims download manager pressing the V key will bring up the changelog anyway. So other than being able to read it before updating instead of while updating in the sim, it serves no purpose.

Not trying to open a discussion here, but in case of the Dev Updates, I rather read them here than on the official forums, especially when Chaotic Beauty did the formatting. Same for the release notes - in sim, they appear only once while updating, not useful for commenting on specific points in a forum, and for some (probably subconscious) reason I preferred reading them here for previous sim updates. And release notes have been posted previously, even for betas. But sure, the release notes were REALLY long this time, so it makes sense to just post a link. 

Anyway, let's keep it at that, it's pretty off topic here, I understand and support the decision and I'm perfectly fine with deleting the long post 😉 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

8 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Hooray the regression bug for VR users with the toolbar has been ignored, what a word not allowed suprise, have they got ANY ONE capable of quality control in France? If so please apply for a job at Asobo because they need you!

Non unexpected, but pretty horrible, IMO. The changelog may be long and has a number of improvements - coupled with a BIG regression for us poor VR users, not even being mentioned when it will be amended . 

I can't download and test things right now, but will do it tonight and write a nice contribution on the official forum afterwards.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 minute ago, FakeWayne said:

This really impacts my workflow.  It basically renders Navigraph, Simbrief Panel, and Sky4Sim, all useless in VR now.  All three of which I use on ever single flight.  I'm word not allowed.  

Just tell them on the official forum! I am not not sure they understand the full impact on this for us VR users.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Ray did you need me to buy you a copy of MSFS you seem to be the most focused on MSFS of anyone in this forum!  JK of course, but not kidding that it's odd to see you here when you always sound adamantly opposed to using it yourself! 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 minute ago, Noel said:

Ray did you need me to buy you a copy of MSFS you seem to be the most focused on MSFS of anyone in this forum!  JK of course, but not kidding that it's odd to see you here when you always sound adamantly opposed to using it yourself! 

I’m a moderator Noel. Who do you think checks things here? The tooth fairy?

• Like 8

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I wanted to update FSUIPC (7.3.18 free version) and now it asks me if I want to install WASM, should I install it or not ?

yes

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Ok, let’s get back on topic.

As always, remember to check the Content Manager. As evident from the change log there are quite a number of updates - all depending of which WUs you have installed.

Also quite impressive how the PMDG and GSX PRO updates were available, literally minutes after SU12 became available!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitor: 32” ASUS PG32UCDM 240hz 4K | Additional Hardware: HP Reverb G2, TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

My download speed for SU12 and for all the Marketplace updates was especially fast today. I'm wondering whether the recent server problems that many have suffered may have occurred because MS/Asobo was in the process of upgrading the servers for the release of SU12. I guess we'll soon find out.

• Like 4

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

9 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Ok, let’s get back on topic.

As always, remember to check the Content Manager. As evident from the change log there are quite a number of updates - all depending of which WUs you have installed.

Also quite impressive how the PMDG and GSX PRO updates were available, literally minutes after SU12 became available!

Indeed! PMDG parking brake is fixed. But I haven't notice any big deal difference with GSX.

• Like 1

So far: Turbulence (with ability to adjust) - much much better. That by itself is for me worth the whole update.

Edited by robert young
  • Like 15
  • Upvote 3

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Great, started off with a server error - then booted out of XBOX Live. Back in and every setting has been set back to defaults.......

... not an impressive start.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

You can actually turn the TBM 930 at a decent rate while taxiing now. A nice improvement.