Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

ATR is out

anyone know where I can find the systems.cfg file for the ATR? I can't find it anywhere...

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

I‘d rather pay 100 bucks for a real high-quality aircraft than a tenth of it for some half-baked stuff with bugs and missing features…

• Like 12
  • Upvote 3

Trying to purchase the ATR  from Marketplace, purchase pending and there after pending canceled.

What can go wrong? Any advise please?

1 minute ago, thepilot said:

I‘d rather pay 100 bucks for a real high-quality aircraft than a tenth of it for some half-baked stuff with bugs and missing features…

This is how I feel. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Bit stunned its released with AP issues.

Besides VNAV issues, I can't get LNAV, [NAV button], to engage.

T45

As i just posted on the official forum this seems to have been pushed out before it was properly ready.

It definitely has potential but now it seems to be down to whether MS are willing to ensure the work is done to properly fix it (unlike some other first party aircraft)

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Matchstick said:

As i just posted on the official forum this seems to have been pushed before it was properly ready.

It definitely has potential but it seems to be now down to whether MS are willing to ensure the work is done to properly fix it (unlike some other first party aircraft)

I mean, a ton of work has been put into making the A310 better after release and that thing is free....

• Like 6

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Took it out for a quick spin w no flight plan. Hand flying feels poor, maybe Im wrong, but its so twitchy... Seems like it might have some decent potential.  A tutorial would be nice! 

• Upvote 1

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

17 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Bit stunned its released with AP issues.

Besides VNAV issues, I can't get LNAV, [NAV button], to engage.

T45

NAV worked fine for me.

• Like 2

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

NAV worked fine for me.

Did you have a flight plan loaded in the FMC??

& is there a button somewhere that activates NAV system before you hit NAV button in the AP panel?

T45

21 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I mean, a ton of work has been put into making the A310 better after release and that thing is free....

Yes i agree but this is a different developer and this dev has some history.. I wont go further than that. 

Im glad that MS are contracting people to put out  what should be quality product for really good prices but for "expert series this ATR should have at least properly working VNAV .. ( ill look past the LPV and RNP-AR ) stuff initially because .. yeah. programming this stuff is hard. 

Here's to hoping the dev follows through on this release and updates the product to make it truly "expert series"

In the mean time i'm going to let this one "simmer in the pot" for a bit more. I do too many GPS approaches nowadays for this to get any reasonable flight time. 

A shame. I was really looking forward to flying this all over the Caribbean and to Hamilton Island

Edited by Maxis
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Oh jeez! The sky will be full of A310s or whatever they are. 🙄

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

3 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Did you have a flight plan loaded in the FMC??

& is there a button somewhere that activates NAV system before you hit NAV button in the AP panel?

T45

I don't know. I did put in a flight plan by hand.

• Like 1

Reading on the official forums  there are a lot of issues with this one, model and systems inaccuracies and very surprised it was launched with known basic autopilot issues. This is a pass for me; I would have paid 3 times this price for a solid simulation. Hopefully there are updates and then I will reconsider.

Expert Series I: ATR 42-600 / 72-600 - Microsoft Flight Simulator / Official Feedback - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dan Scott

the flight plan format is FLP like aerosoft aircraft

I haven't compared the actual text inside tho

Edited by Tuskin38