Sign in to follow this  
ttbq1

P3D V5.4 is available

On 5/23/2023 at 7:58 AM, Joseph29 said:

I guess Activesky too. The latest version is 8538 (that was just released a few days ago), but it doesn't say anything about v5.4 on the compatibility list.

yes it does....I downloaded and installed 8538....works fine with the new 5.4.. with which, I am very happy. I do not fly the VRAM hungry study level tubeliners, so that is not an issue for me. The only problem I have found, and it is very minor....the cockpit on the Manfred Jahn DC3 is darker, not a big problem and easily corrected by turning on the cockpit panel lights...

Other lighting seems normal, performance is fine.....according to the release notes, most improvements and changes have to do with VR and GPS issues...again not a problem...stock GPS works fine for me in the aircraft which are so equipped.

Sherm

• Like 1

Maybe they will announce v5.4HF1 at the show? :tongue:

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 6/3/2023 at 1:45 PM, Skywolf said:

Is Chaseplane working now?

We are still waiting for the developer to make a statement about that. A number of us have submitted Support tickets about making CP compatible with v5.4.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Maybe they will announce v5.4HF1 at the show? :tongue:

Hahahah...

Let's hope not.

Edited by Juliet Alpha

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Latest Answer from //42 to my ticket:

Thanks for getting in touch, there is no eta, regarding an update to chaseplane, the official announcement on our Discord servers is as follows:  

"About ChasePlane / Prepar3D v5.4 Compatibility - As with any sim update, this takes time and ensuring the LM release is stable before we go in and dedicate work hours to build an update.

It's coming."

Thanks again for reaching out to our team. If there is anything else we can help you with, don't hesitate to create a new support request. You can also Join our Discord to access user to user support and participate in testing Release Candidate builds.

• Like 1

I really hate devs locking it to version number (I get it for v4 vs v5 but with point releases, that approach is way too darconian).  It is annoyingly retarded approach but to each their own, and I am really not going to bang my head on it as I will find another solution.  Why aren't people using OpusFSX these days? they had a camera system too (with the shakey camera feel too).

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

2 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Why aren't people using OpusFSX these days?

I did, after I gave up on EZCA and before Chaseplane came out. It's a two in one product since in addition to EZCA functionality it also has Active Sky functionality. And, it has great tech support.

Is EZDOK working in p3d 5.3 ?

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

10 minutes ago, ggerolamo said:

Is EZDOK working in p3d 5.3 ?

More importantly, is it working in V5.4?

Also, anyone having any luck with Toga Projects EnvShade or EnvPlus working with V5.4?.

I know I'm not and Maxime has said he will update to be compatible however I have just read on FB group 'P3D'

where they claim it's working perfectly and some guy was more or less derided for suggesting it doesn't work.

Edited by Sparkrite

1 minute ago, Sparkrite said:

More importantly, is it working in V5.4?

Not really 😉
Let's be honest:
the p3d update to 5.4 really doesn't do anything at all !!
Why all these GPS updates - no one really needs them, or has anyone really noticed any difference compared to 5.3 ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

2 minutes ago, ggerolamo said:

or has anyone really noticed any difference compared to 5.3 ?

Not much, except a few version locked addons not working.😆

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Why aren't people using OpusFSX these days? they had a camera system too (with the shakey camera feel too).

I used OpusFSX (now OpusFSI) in FSX (IIRC) and ultimately moved on to EZCA and then ChasePlane in P3D. Does OpusFSI work in v5.4? I've checked the Opus website, but it simply mentions "v4+" as a requirement for OpusFSI v6

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Finally the GPS and Flight Planner tool get some much needed love.  I'm really happy to hear about the performance improvements as well.

Nice work LM!