Sign in to follow this  
ttbq1

P3D V5.4 is available

2 hours ago, okupton said:

I definitely don't see any improvements to AA.  

That’s how I read it, too.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

See if there’s anything in a readme about possible config changes. Rename your existing config file after updating and see if any new entries are present.

What’s your CPU? Hyperthreading on or off?

I have a 13900 CPU, I think with 16 cores.

I used the calculator that's on here somewhere the last time to set it up. It seemed better with hyper therading off and with the affinity mask from the calculator on a thread here, rather than LM's one.

Like I said, I won't do anything until FS Labs is updated, and people are reporting back no issues with the likes of QW 787 or PMDG.

Calum Watt

@WestEnd, if it’s this then it has 8 performance cores and 16 efficiency ones. HT Off is best.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

42 minutes ago, CaptKornDog said:

That’s how I read it, too.

I’ve tested 5.4 and do not see any improvements on the AA front. 

Orman

Seems to be no reason to "upgrade" then*

* at least for me, of course.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

10 minutes ago, okupton said:

I’ve tested 5.4 and do not see any improvements on the AA front. 

I run in 4K so don`t need AA.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

26 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@WestEnd, if it’s this then it has 8 performance cores and 16 efficiency ones. HT Off is best.

it is, I just checked my receipt in my emails. I'm not on my flight sim PC just now.

Intel Core i9 13900KS, S 1700, Raptor Lake, 24 Cores, 32 Threads, 3.2GHz, 6.0GHz Turbo, 36MB Cache, 150W, Retail

• Upvote 1

Calum Watt

I do not notice any improvements to TrueSky as of yet.  Volumetric clouds still show "waffles" when flying above them for example.

Orman

3 minutes ago, okupton said:

I do not notice any improvements to TrueSky as of yet.  Volumetric clouds still show "waffles" when flying above them for example.

try to disable 'enable detailed ea clouds' in active sky

Artur 

The other good news I think is really only a client install is needed unless you are using the P3D GPS gauge which would need the content component updating as well.

I have to say I mixed emotions in that I was expecting "v6" but at the same time, I know my V5.x scenery and below will should still work with v5.4, so overall I am glad.

As a side note, I do hope now Justsim and MK Studios will finally find the gumption to release their long-awaited sceneries as they have been sitting on the fence for sometime now aka LIRF and ENGM! One can but hope!  🤞

• Upvote 2

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Just tried it , runway lights seem to be square ? And my dme at amsterdam stock scenery was 2-3 miles off …. 

Its disappointing that its been nearly 18 months since the last update and this is the update. 

Heaps of GPS/Flight planning fixes however it appears little tangible fixes or updates to things that create a substantial difference in performance or visuals. Acknowledging that they may also be working on a V6, this is disappointing. 

I'd re-install P3D as I'm very keen to get back to using its view groups function for my multi monitor setup, but they need to bring more performance improvements and visual (i.e. AA and/or TrueSky) improvements to the party.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

The changelog says nothing about graphics upgrades or improvements, so I don't know why people are posting that they don't see any AA or Truesky improvements in 5.4. 

The changes mostly involve GPS feature additions/improvements, performance improvements, and bug fixes.

I wonder if these Have anything to do with fixing wonky ATC approach vectoring?

* Fixed “Turn to Fix” to not generate a turning waypoint when turn is negligible.

* Fixed segment generation to include “final” legs that precede the final approach fix.

I only installed the client and did a quick test flight.  No noticeable benefits yet, but time will tell. 

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

45 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

The changelog says nothing about graphics upgrades or improvements, so I don't know why people are posting that they don't see any AA or Truesky improvements in 5.4. 

The questions were asked, so I answered. 

• Like 1

Orman

Make a joyful noise! They actually did fix the issue of wheels floating above the ground in FSDT KCLT and KMEM. This has bothered me ever since release of V5 as these are two very nice addons. And to think I was bugging poor Umberto about this. Bless him, forgive me Umberto. This one fix makes the update worth it. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Vic green