Sign in to follow this  
ttbq1

P3D V5.4 is available

1 minute ago, Patco Lch said:

Make a joyful noise! They actually did fix the issue of wheels floating above the ground in FSDT KCLT and KMEM. This has bothered me ever since release of V5 as these are two very nice addons. And to think I was bugging poor Umberto about this. Bless him, forgive me Umberto. This one fix makes the update worth it. 

Ha one of the first things I did was go to Memphis to make sure this was fixed.  I even posted on the FSDT KMEM forum this morning that it was indeed fixed. 

• Upvote 2

Orman

4 hours ago, okupton said:

I do not notice any improvements to TrueSky as of yet.  Volumetric clouds still show "waffles" when flying above them for example.

I never get "waffles" any more.  Zero volumetric clouds.  Clouds look great in my sim.

20 minutes ago, spilok said:

I never get "waffles" any more.  Zero volumetric clouds.  Clouds look great in my sim.

Yea I stick to legacy clouds (ASCA) most the time as well.  Sometimes the volumetric clouds look great, but most times they don't 

Orman

Good news for the people on v5! Anyway, I am staying on v4.5 HF3, because of Tomato Shade. Nice flying to you all on the new version! 

Come join us @PavlinS. You can run both sims and almost all add ones will work. You might feel you don’t need any third party shaders.

Vic green

6 hours ago, okupton said:

I do not notice any improvements to TrueSky as of yet.  Volumetric clouds still show "waffles" when flying above them for example.

I guess we will not see TrueSky improvements until v6 is out.

11 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

Come join us @PavlinS. You can run both sims and almost all add ones will work. You might feel you don’t need any third party shaders.

Thank for the offer, but honestly, can't play that sim without Tomato Shade. My viewers will be disappointed if I give them different than what they expect. But have fun with it! 

• Like 1

Just finished updating to P3D v5.4. Everything went smoothly and so far everything I tested worked fine. I didn't test PMDG or FSLabs, but I can wait for those to be updated because I do fly other aircraft.

The only thing is I forgot one or two in sim settings I had. Like the Variable Refresh Rate option. I forgot if I had that clicked or not.

pmdg works just fine, i just finished a 777-200 LR flight, and i did a 737 flight this morning. GSX and all fsdreamteam airports work fine as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What about Milviz, Leonardo, Majestic, A2A ?

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

If Chaseplane works I think I'll have no problem updating the sim.

Too bad there were no graphical improvements (AA and TrueSky) but as mentioned before that should (hopefully) come in another version...

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

From the changelog: General application performance has been improved through better background thread performance.

Does anyone already experienced an improvement in performance? General appllcation performance sounds a bit vague; is that an fps improvement? 

Rein

1 hour ago, Rein2 said:

Does anyone already experienced an improvement in performance?

None, whatsoever.......

Edited by Sparkrite

After one 2hr flight, I think I do see an improvement. Flying into KIAH with AI traffic always has skips and pauses which I did not see this time. I can't guarantee that's proof, but I'm encouraged to continue flying and see. 

Thank you LM for 5.4 and all the work than went into it. Looking forward to more. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library