Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

PMDG statement on V6

6 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

@Ray Proudfoot I suspect that Concorde will be released exclusively for MSFS. Let's wait and see...

You clearly haven’t been reading the FSL forum.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

You clearly haven’t been reading the FSL forum.

I read it but nowadays I don't believe in anything.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

I wish to be wrong here, but frankly speaking i think that FSL Concorde is the last big payware plane done by any dev for P3D.

Artur 

Just now, Beardyman said:

I wish to be wrong here, but frankly speaking i think that FSL Concorde is the last big payware plane done by any dev for P3D.

Yes, absolutely right.

Although I don't believe it will be released for v5 until I see it in the store. Until then...

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

In fact, PMDG opened the Pandora Box and no doubt most of the others developpers will follow the same path. Ifly and Fslabs already gave us some hints.

Can we really blame PMDG after all? Developpers are not here to make a sim attractive if the developper of the sim itself doesn't put a single effort.

The only one we should blame is Lockheed Martin. Two months ago, there were heavy speculation about a 6.0 using Unreal Engine 5 which could push msfs to the dirt. Then by suprise 5.4 came out unexpected.

Then the 6.0 trailer was released. And let be honest, who really jumped out of his couch after watching this 6.0 trailer? Honnestly? I bet that if one month ago, this 6.0 trailer would have been released as a 5.4 trailer, most people would have said ok, there are some innovations, that's nice, nothing to jump out of the couch but that's ok it will help to fill the gap until they release 6.0. Tell me I'm wrong and I will answer that you are in full denial.

Problem is that this is the 6.0 trailer, not 5.4! The promised holy land is honnestly pretty disapointing. It surely bring a lot more material for professional users, but on the entertainement side, the progress and innovations are really slims.

And if it wasn't enough, despite those slim innovations, LM was not even able to bring an easy backward compatibility with 5.0. You just wonder what did they change to make our add-ons not easily compatible with such so few changes, not really visible on the screen? It seems that updating the products will require heavy work that nobody is willing to spend precious ressources on.

And the bulls**** served by LM at Flight Sim Expo make it worse. As I said, do your works first and don't expect external developpers to make your sim attractive! You are already on the edge with developpers leaving the boat and the only thing you are doing is making their tasks even more difficult and painful. And you expect them to follow? Honnestly, if LM wanted to shotgun their own foot, they would have not done it differently.

Let's face it, P3D 6.0 is commercially dead on the entertainment side even before being officially released. Who is going to tell me that you are going to invest $60 in that new software on release day? As I said, LM is slowly preparing the user's minds that they will leave the entertainment market for good. Today, I'm really pi***** off!

Today most users are stunned and already dreaming about a P3D 7.0, it says a lot. Honnestly, 7.0 is years away and now I'm not even sure there will be an entertainment version out of it

P3D 5.4 is still alive and will still bring years of entertainement for it's current users. But on the business entertainment side, the last nail in the coffin is probably on.

About PMDG promises or the promises of the others developpers, I don't blame them. MSFS has it's flaws but on a sleepy entertainment market, it acted like a nuclear bomb and nothing was the same anymore as soon as it reached the market. Yesterday's promises had no sense anymore.

Edited by sdirand
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

If I'm not mistaken FSLabs was going to release the A320 NEO for P3D. Do you guys still expect/believe that?

51 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

Oh, and I won't buy the same addon twice..

I did that moving from v4 to v5. Never again.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

If I'm not mistaken FSLabs was going to release the A320 NEO for P3D. Do you guys still expect/believe that?

Nope. Not one bit. 

A lot rests upon the next offical statements from FSLabs,

also, early reports about performance from new P3Dv6 users,

v5.4 at least supports many 3rd party products now,

MSFS has lion’s share of the market now in 2023…

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, sdirand said:

the developper of the sim itself doesn't put a single effort

That's not true at all, LM is continually improving P3D.

13 minutes ago, sdirand said:

heavy speculation about a 6.0 using Unreal Engine 5

Where did that speculation come from? Not LM.

14 minutes ago, sdirand said:

The promised holy land

That's an exaggeration if I've ever seen one...nobody promised that...

15 minutes ago, sdirand said:

LM was not even able to bring an easy backward compatibility with 5.0

This I also find disappointing. Should it be true, V6 won't be interesting to me.

18 minutes ago, sdirand said:

Today most users are stunned and already dreaming about a P3D 7.0

...because there was one thread speculating about V7, with only a few answers...?

• Upvote 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

10 minutes ago, sdirand said:

Let's face it, P3D 6.0 is commercially dead on the entertainment side even before being officially released. Who is going to tell me that you are going to invest $60 in that new software on release day? As I said, LM is slowly preparing the user's minds that they will leave the entertainment market for good. Today, I'm really word not allowed off!

P3D 5.4 is still alive and will still bring years of entertainement for it's current users. But on the business entertainment side, the last nail in the coffin is probably on.

From my point of view, the spectacular leap in prices applied to pro versions corroborates this analysis!

For the moment I'm sticking with version 5.4 + all my addons, which work like a charm!

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

You can’t blame PMDG for this decision. But it is extremely disappointing that after all the talk from LM about not breaking backwards compatibility. 

1 minute ago, DChockey08 said:

But it is extremely disappointing that after all the talk from LM about not breaking backwards compatibility. 

I wonder who is lying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I did that moving from v4 to v5. Never again.

NGXu? 😄

1 hour ago, sdirand said:

And the bulls**** served by LM at Flight Sim Expo make it worse. As I said, do your works first and don't expect external developpers to make your sim attractive! You are already on the edge with developpers leaving the boat and the only thing you are doing is making their tasks even more difficult and painful. And you expect them to follow? Honnestly, if LM wanted to shotgun their own foot, they would have not done it differently.

Let's face it, P3D 6.0 is commercially dead on the entertainment side even before being officially released. Who is going to tell me that you are going to invest $60 in that new software on release day? As I said, LM is slowly preparing the user's minds that they will leave the entertainment market for good. Today, I'm really pi***** off!

Take a chill pill 🙂 It's not really a surprise the consumer market has sailed.

I don't understand why people are upset they showed up at the expo ... more exhibitors and contributors the better.

We can enjoy P3D V5.4 as a final send off. LM took care of us when Microsoft did't.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1