Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Just Flight Fokker F-28 release date Wed 12th July

45 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Ok next time you want to brag about the beach… try not doing it to someone who lives on the East-coast of Australia…. How close you might ask? Close enough that salt erosion is an issue. Bondi beach is great. 

Your skin is quite thin. 

since we’re well OT, let’s be thankful we both live that close. 

27 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

Your skin is quite thin. 

since we’re well OT, let’s be thankful we both live that close. 

The opposite, however it’s just a little funny hearing someone bragging about living close to the beach and loving the hobby then complaining about a $70 add on and supporting devs 👎🏼

• Like 1

3 hours ago, G MIDY said:

All of the above reflects what happens behind the curtain and the difficulties developing in a niche yet complex market. In terms of the F28, it's very likely that the F28 will be a lower volume product so it has to be sold at a higher price to meet costs, that's pretty much it.

If that were true, we'd see them pricing addons differently across sims, and addons available for many years in FSX, then P3D, then X-Plane, and now MSFS (e.g., Hawk, Vulcan, Piper Arrow, etc.) would be priced differently. And by that logic, the MSFS versions could be priced cheaper due to much of the sunk development costs from the other sims, etc.

But, what we see, is their addons are priced the same across all the sims. And again, by that logic, why would they charge $45 - $50 for an FSX/P3D Piper Arrow or Hawk virtually unchanged since 2017, and the same cost for a significantly updated version in released just a year or so ago in MSFS?

So JF are not pricing their addons according to a profit margin or market demand. They just kinda wanna charge what they charge, regardless. That doesn't make them greedy in my eyes, but neither are they just trying to get by on a dollar here or there.

30 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

The opposite, however it’s just a little funny hearing someone bragging about living close to the beach and loving the hobby then complaining about a $70 add on and supporting devs 👎🏼

Your view is embarrassingly shallow.

I'm not complaining about a $70 addon. I have many that significantly exceed that price, all the way up to PMDG's $200 747-8i, Hot Start's $120 Challenger, and HeatBlur's $80 F-14.

I'm happy to pay developers for high quality addons. This includes Just Flight, where I've supported them 10 or 12 times now across 3 simulators. And I intend to continue doing so for those addons that offer a compelling value of some sort. 

The Fokker, in a rising sea of vanilla tubeliners, simply isn't one of them.

Edited by UrgentSiesta

The plane has a GPS option but will the autopilot track the route? If it will I'll buy it but if it won't I'll spend the money in the pub instead.

8 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

The plane has a GPS option but will the autopilot track the route? If it will I'll buy it but if it won't I'll spend the money in the pub instead.

LOL.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, UrgentSiesta said:

Your view is embarrassingly shallow.

I'm not complaining about a $70 addon. I have many that significantly exceed that price, all the way up to PMDG's $200 747-8i, Hot Start's $120 Challenger, and HeatBlur's $80 F-14.

I'm happy to pay developers for high quality addons. This includes Just Flight, where I've supported them 10 or 12 times now across 3 simulators. And I intend to continue doing so for those addons that offer a compelling value of some sort. 

The Fokker, in a rising sea of vanilla tubeliners, simply isn't one of them.

In your opinion.... for many others its a welcome classic. Just because the plane and the price point doesn't fit your needs, don't project the negativity onto other people and developers. As they say here on the Avsim forums.... No one is forcing you to buy it. Anyway, that's enough of you for today, off you go. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Anyway, that's enough of you for today, off you go. 

Perhaps you are not aware of just how condescending and insulting that remark is, or perhaps you are.
Even though it is not directed at me, welcome to my ignore list, you are not needed in my life.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Reader said:

Perhaps you are not aware of just how condescending and insulting that remark is, or perhaps you are.
Even though it is not directed at me, welcome to my ignore list, you are not needed in my life.

Don't be such a snowflake, I'm not going to be nice to someone who hasn't been nice to me...its just my way of saying time to move on to someone who has been rude to me also. smh.

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

Or, y'know...the PMDG 737-600 at $35. THAT is a compelling "no brainer" value.

Thats too cheep , I know PMDG released the 600 for that price but you cant expect Quality Developers continue to release products for that price , I beleave  in a fair price for Quality work not a cheap skate $35

Jason Richards

15 hours ago, Lucky38i said:

Can you explain what it is that PMDG has that JF doesn't?

i can tell you what PMDG does not have That JF does ! EFB

Jason Richards

4 minutes ago, jason74 said:

i can tell you what PMDG does not have That JF does ! EFB

Another off-putting thing about the addon, in my opinion. An EFB in a classic... why not do what PMDG did in the J41 and have a clipboard? Bonkers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MarcoPolo said:

Another off-putting thing about the addon, in my opinion. An EFB in a classic... why not do what PMDG did in the J41 and have a clipboard? Bonkers.

EFB are used these days in classics its probably one of the pilots most used piece of kit. I think flying a airliner in 2023 without a EFB even in a classic is unrealistic.

Edited by jason74
  • Like 1

Jason Richards

27 minutes ago, jason74 said:

EFB are used these days in classics its probably one of the pilots most used piece of kit. I think flying a airliner in 2023 without a EFB even in a classic is unrealistic.

You'll be eagerly awaiting their Vulcan with the same EFB then? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

That's old school thinking.

The MSFS pool of buyers is vastly (VASTLY) greater than any other sim in history (and we know this is true because no other FS dev is bragging about their user base, or even talking about it).

AND they're also highly cost sensitive at the same time.

The way to profit with a "niche" aircraft there is with a lower selling price driving higher unit sales. PMDG & Fenix are showing everyone the way there.

The 737 & A320 are not “niche” aircraft.

21 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

Actually, $35 - $50 is PMDG pricing... 😉

Just Flight does good work and have really stepped up their game since moving to MSFS, but I don't think they're yet at PMDG/Leonardo level.

There's also the argument that this isn't a very complex glass-cockpit modern airliner with highly accurate completely custom FMS code, so why should it be priced as such?

PMDG charges $35-$50 for ONE variant.  The F28 will include 4.