Sign in to follow this  
pmb

The New Flightsim.to

Yeah it’s a mess. 

Like sceneries that had different packages that you can select for compatibility  if you had a mesh installed for example.

@carlanthony24 They aren’t showing up for me when downloading, I am just getting whatever was the ‘main file’

6 minutes ago, abennett said:

Yeah it’s a mess. 

Like sceneries that had different packages that you can select for compatibility  if you had a mesh installed for example.

@carlanthony24 They aren’t showing up for me when downloading, I am just getting whatever was the ‘main file’

Yeah so I downloaded a file earlier and it showed all the liveries in that instead.

4 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

OK, but why on earth would the FS.to changeover affect PMDG OPS Center???

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

Flightsim.to isn't PMDG's host

What I'm saying is that I downloaded some liveries from FS.to yesterday and tried to install them via OPS Center.  OPS Center wasn't able to install the files I downloaded from flightsim.to.  I believe the files are damaged.

Edited by Dreamflight767
  • Like 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

5 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

What I'm saying is that I downloaded some liveries from FS.to yesterday and tried to install them via OPS Center.  OPS Center wasn't able to install the files I downloaded from flightsim.to.  I believe the files are damaged.

Ah, manual install. Apologies, I misunderstood.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

It is a common idea for successful and accomplished people to try and provide jobs for ne'er-do-well relatives. Perhaps the owner of flightsim.to had a son in law who had dabbled in web page designs and needed employment. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

It looks like a website from the late 90's or early 2000's.. Thumbnails are all over the place and the adds mixed in make it chaotic.

Edited by reignman40
  • Like 4

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

Hi,

By the way, have you noticed less new uploads and less new updates since the new website?

Regards

1 hour ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

By the way, have you noticed less new uploads and less new updates since the new website?

Regards

Definitely.  I used to find something new to download or an update to one of my existing addons almost every day before the upgrade.  Since the upgrade I have only downloaded one addon (Oldbury Power Station by Flak - I would recommend all of his power stations to anyone who flies in the UK along with Keith Hackett alias Stinger's piers).

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

3 hours ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

Regards

I noticed that there is a tab saying "Since you were last here" which allows you to see what's been added to various site categories since whenever your last visit was.....

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I have the feeling that things are getting better. The tsunami of criticisms was not in vain. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I've spent the last couple of days trying to get used to the new layout but everything is unintuitive and cumbersome. The buzz words in the presser promised an improved user experience. I'm afraid it's anything but that if you're on a pc... I've kind of given up on using the website for the time being which is a shame because it still has some great addons.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Again, what does you downloading corrupted files haved to do with the redesign of the site?

18 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Again, what does you downloading corrupted files haved to do with the redesign of the site?

Please read the title of the this thread:  "The New Flightsim.to".  Not just the "design" of the site.  Somehow, the NEW site appears to have also effected/damaged (some) files.  Sorry you are having trouble making that connection. Hope that clarifies.    

• Like 2

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Had a good laugh with this one, nice treasure trove, lol.

https://flightsim.to/by-country/TV/

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

16 hours ago, AviationEnthusiast said:

I've spent the last couple of days trying to get used to the new layout but everything is unintuitive and cumbersome. The buzz words in the presser promised an improved user experience. I'm afraid it's anything but that if you're on a pc... I've kind of given up on using the website for the time being which is a shame because it still has some great addons.

When you have understood that the new home page is useless except for the top bar (ActivitiesLiverie Sceneries Others Store PremiumRequests) and the "Since your last visit " tab, and their sub-menus,  you are on your way.

Also, in my opinion (I don't have a great eyesight), shifting to a white background helps too, the black background adds to the confusion. 

I am beefing up my scenery portfolio for Taiwan right now and it is without any difficulty. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam