Sign in to follow this  
pmb

The New Flightsim.to

@Alvega @Tuskin38 Flightsim.to has responded to my support ticket regarding AV scanning. Here is their response:

Files are routinely and randomly scanned for viruses using VirusTotal.com. However, please note that no guarantee or liability can be given and each user is responsible for the security of their own system.

Best Regards
Exquisite / Christoph from Flightsim.to

I stand corrected for a statement I previosly made. I was wrong and sincerely apologize for any confusion created from my statement.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

I have the feeling that things are getting better. The tsunami of criticisms was not in vain. 

Looks like the creator download metrics are on their list of "to-dos".

3 hours ago, hs118 said:

@Alvega @Tuskin38 Flightsim.to has responded to my support ticket regarding AV scanning. Here is their response:

Files are routinely and randomly scanned for viruses using VirusTotal.com. However, please note that no guarantee or liability can be given and each user is responsible for the security of their own system.

Best Regards
Exquisite / Christoph from Flightsim.to

I stand corrected for a statement I previosly made. I was wrong and sincerely apologize for any confusion created from my statement.

Strange.  'routinely and randomly scanned'.  What the hell does that mean?  Either they are routinely scanned, or randomly scanned, but that is a confusing statement they made.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Strange.  'routinely and randomly scanned'.  What the hell does that mean?  Either they are routinely scanned, or randomly scanned, but that is a confusing statement they made.

Not uncommon, you can have a scheduled routine to scan all files but also have a random scan pattern based on activity of a file, so if a file suddenly gets very popular, it might get more scan attention. Also doesn't specify all files are routinely scanned, which takes a lot of resources, so it could do some routinely and some random, i.e more sporadic due to not being as popular.

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Post deleted. duplicate.

Edited by hs118

Given it a good go to get used to it.  Still absolutely hate it.

In a 30 second scroll down the page I used to be able to see those handy top 10 lists of most popular downloads etc, a good selection of the new releases, the recently updated stuff etc. The thumbnails had all the info you needed about the files and were easily scanned with the uniform size and grid layout.  For someone who used to go to the site 2 or 3 times a day everything I needed to know or see was there in one quick scroll down the page.  Quick. Simple. Packed with info. Not the most good looking site but extremely user friendly.

Now it's a horrible layout and far more work to find what I want to see.  For the way I use it the user experience is a disaster.  I cannot find one single positive about this so called upgrade.  I'll be visiting way less and my adblocker will be on.

Edited by The Moose
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Yikes, this new website seems to be serving me a lot more ads.

Fun times, love un-needed website redesign.

17 pages complaining about a free site. The complainers lost every last bit of credibility.

You want them to pay for your game experience???  Absolutly ridiculous.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

44 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

17 pages complaining about a free site. The complainers lost every last bit of credibility.

Holy miss the point of the entire thread Batman.

• Like 9

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

50 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Holy miss the point of the entire thread Batman.

I dont think so.  Maybe I should have  included the whole range of whines.  Unhappy with FS.com??  move on!!

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

1 hour ago, hansb57 said:

I dont think so.  Maybe I should have  included the whole range of whines.  Unhappy with FS.com??  move on!!

Just because something is free it doesn't make it exempt from valid and constructive critism, as this thread has clearly been.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

3 hours ago, hansb57 said:

Don't forget there'll be loads of PREMIUM users out there - for which the site is NOT FREE.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

3 hours ago, hansb57 said:

I provide you a website for free, and I've monetized it with ads.

I provide you a website for free, and now I'll block your adblocker so you can see my monetized ads.

I provide you a website for free, and now, for free, I've redesigned it to make you click more, and get served more ads.

It's not that complicated. They have costs and if they existed in an AVSIM style model (don't get me wrong, lots of innovation that could be done here), they might be totally solvent.

The issue (for me at least) is that FS.to has slowly tightened the leash to a light strangle. There's no alternative, you'll sit through whatever ads they make you unless you upgrade, the download system nukes your adblocker (I had to download and install an entirely new, quarantined browser just to get it to shut up), and the user experience is pretty negative and jammed by ads.

They're providing you a "free site" that I think you'd be surprised at how "free" it really is.

You can get an ad free subscription. But as I understand it you rather have them pay everything out of their own pockets.

Maybe start downloading a bit more restrictive. I'll leave it at that, 17 pages is more than enough.

23 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

You can get an ad free subscription. But as I understand it you rather have them pay everything out of their own pockets.

Maybe start downloading a bit more restrictive. I'll leave it at that, 17 pages is more than enough.

You’ve missed the point what the pages are about. Only just has it started about ads the other pages how bad the site was on launch. Maybe you need to go and read from the start.

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 1