Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Is MSFS 2024 going to be a subscription model?

Since MS/ASOBO announced that they are moving (almost) every thing to the cloud and they will continue to update MSFS 2020 as well, does that mean the upcoming MSFS 2024 going to be a subscription model?

to me, it feels that it is going that way and I'm fine with it as long as they keep updating/fixing MSFS 2020 from some problems that are bothering some users, I don't have any major problem with it so far.

• Like 1

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

No

• Like 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

No. 

/thread

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I do appreciate all the replies,if they have announced it officially, then I have missed it?

if yes please provide me with the source (just to have some peace 😉 )and my apologies for bothering you all  😉 .

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Darn, my crystal ball is in the shop again. They said the part is on back order, so I won't get it back for awhile...😉

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hmmmm. Not a bad call. I think, given what Asobo have said with regard to more of it on the cloud, that we will pay for features we want and that there will not be a single download option.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, penta_a said:

I do appreciate all the replies,if they have announced it officially, then I have missed it?

if yes please provide me with the source (just to have some peace 😉 )and my apologies for bothering you all  😉 .

There's just no reason to believe they would. There were rampant debates about this before 2020 was released and there were plenty of people who were full-on convinced that it would have to be a subscription based service because of the data being streamed off the cloud. Same goes for the next release. Just because more data is being streamed doesn't mean that it will move to a subscription based service. Microsoft Azure is A HUGE network and MSFS takes up a minuscule amount of it's space. Also, MS/Asobo undoubtedly knows how wildly unpopular a paid subscription would be. So, I would flip it around. Until you find a source that says they will make it a paid based service, then I wouldn't lose sleep over it. 

Edited by Bdub22
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, penta_a said:

Conversely, how about citing a credible source where it is stated otherwise?  The onus of proof lies with one making the claim, or in this case the implied suggestion.  That way you also wouldn't have to apologize for inconveniencing anyone (except yourself). 

Just a suggestion.

• Like 13

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Well done penta, another troll of the day award handed out. 

• Like 1

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Hmmmm. Not a bad call. I think, given what Asobo have said with regard to more of it on the cloud, that we will pay for features we want and that there will not be a single download option.

You know something, Jarm, for your sake, I hope they bring a subscription model. Just so your dream can finally come true lol.

• Like 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

3 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

Conversely, how about citing a credible source where it is stated otherwise?  The onus of proof lies with one making the claim, or in this case the implied suggestion.  That way you also wouldn't have to apologize for inconveniencing anyone (except yourself). 

Just a suggestion.

I didn't claim any thing my friend, I asked a question and laid some analytic leading to my question.

peace!

• Like 1

Ali A.