Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

First picture of FSLabs Concorde for MSFS

Concorde is niche but at least something different for MSFS so I think it'll have its fair share of buyers.. if FSL could focus on the A330 or A340 over any A32x that'd be ideal (since high fidelity long haulers still needed for MSFS), but sounds like they have the A321 in the pipeline next along with the Concorde.

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I don't like the Nose of the model, does not fit the real life model therefore the DCdesign Concorde X  model looks allmost perfect, i like this much better.

This model from FSL is still the Basic from FSX there it was the same, they should look into this and redesign it for a more better real life look ! 🤔

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

The Concorde section of the FSL forums appears to be access restricted now, but it was open up until a few days ago before the P3D release when FSL spoke about the MSFS release below, along with a cryptic story about shoes. The MSFS version has already been in development for a while now per their earlier posts (also at least an airbus too), so I'm thinking their Concorde MSFS release is not years away but more like 2024 or maybe even late 2023? (ok late 2023 is probably very optimistic lol).

Tell me more about the shoes! - Imelda Marcos

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

28 minutes ago, jon b said:

😂 Ha yes, but I wish my tax went towards flight sim projects , compared to what the U.K. government actually spends my 45% contributions on it would be money well spent !

Okay, seen this way I can't object!😉

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Just a reminder this is the Concorde in MSFS topic. Not another Airbus one.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Finally managed to complete my first flight on the FSL Concorde. 

My CPU ran extremely hot during the whole flight (85-90c+) and I’ve even experienced a system shutdown during climb. Never had similar issues with other sims and games, or even when running benchmarks…

Departure from EGLL with around 25fps and landing at KJFK @ 15fps, with AI Traffic reduced to a minimum by FSUIPC. Moreover, the airport terminal and textures only loaded when I was already leaving the runway.

The bird itself is pretty unique and flying it is very fulfilling, but it really deserves a platform that can make proper use of modern hardware.

Looking forward to the MSFS release. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I hope they do a total visual overhaul for the MSFS version, because the P3D version looks terrible especially the interior textures.

Maybe they should get a hold of Juan.

https://juancaratino.artstation.com/projects/g2VR4P

juan-caratino-screen1.jpg?1604874823

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

The exterior textures also looked very flat to me.  Not trying to be critical.  FSLabs does great stuff with systems.  

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

19 minutes ago, micstatic said:

The exterior textures also looked very flat to me.  

I had exactly the same thought. I suspect they've actually devoted most of their development time to the MSFS version.

• Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Hopefully texturing etc will be improved for the MSFS version.  Safe to say we’ve become accustomed to not having to choose between good graphics and system depth in MSFS.  

I loved the FSLabs airbuses in P3D but they weren’t generally the prettiest.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

8 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

I hope they do a total visual overhaul for the MSFS version, because the P3D version looks terrible especially the interior textures.

Maybe they should get a hold of Juan.

https://juancaratino.artstation.com/projects/g2VR4P

juan-caratino-screen1.jpg?1604874823

The A32x series from FSL in P3D VC textures were never anything top notch, it was the systems and sound that sold it. The VC textures in the above picture look just like their A32x stuff, not good at all. 

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 1

Eric 

48 minutes ago, B777ER said:

The A32x series from FSL in P3D VC textures were never anything top notch, it was the systems and sound that sold it. The VC textures in the above picture look just like their A32x stuff, not good at all. 

There is not much you can do from a graphics engine that was developed back in the 2000's to look like 2023 standards no matter how hard they try but if pretty graphics is not the biggest issue then FSL put out the best simulated aircraft on a desktop sim with the Concorde to date.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Upvote 1

Can you P3D guys with this new release of the FSL Concorde post some pics ( inside and outside views ) probably in the screenshot section of this Forum ?

As a total Concorde Freak i am realy interested in those shots, i would be particularly interested in a side profile of the nose with visor all up and down.

Would be nice if somebody can show some..👍

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

13 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Finally managed to complete my first flight on the FSL Concorde. 

My CPU ran extremely hot during the whole flight (85-90c+) and I’ve even experienced a system shutdown during climb. Never had similar issues with other sims and games, or even when running benchmarks…

Departure from EGLL with around 25fps and landing at KJFK @ 15fps, with AI Traffic reduced to a minimum by FSUIPC. Moreover, the airport terminal and textures only loaded when I was already leaving the runway.

The bird itself is pretty unique and flying it is very fulfilling, but it really deserves a platform that can make proper use of modern hardware.

Looking forward to the MSFS release. 

If it's running like word not allowed, don't blame the simulator...

On 8/17/2023 at 2:28 PM, lwt1971 said:

FSL (Norman): "I'm tied into what I can say and what I can't however if you could imagine taking that really old comfy pair of shoes with you on holiday.  The sun is shining and you and your shoes get to go do so many of the things you do at home; everything is so familiar and comfortable.
And then it rains and you know those old shoes leak all the time. Thankfully though your wife also packed a new pair of shoes, in a style just like your old faithful ones. You still get to walk around and when the rain has stopped you check out your reflection in the puddles on the ground, things just look the same, but newer and shinier. 
Luckily those old shoes toughened up your feet over the years. These new ones are causing you pain and strife as you walk, trying to break them in. You are thankful for the years and experiences gained with the old shoes."

"Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand." Matt. 13:13

Petraeus