Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

12.06b7 released

It almost looks like there is a missing texture in the sky, it seems to be just a square pattern of missing clouds with weirdness around it

It has now become Release Candidate 1

https://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-12-00-release-notes/#Release_candidate_1206r1

Release candidate – 12.06r1

This is the first release candidate for 12.06! Whilst we gather feedback – this version will only be available under public beta

Changes for X-Plane 12.06r1:

• New loading screen background!
  • Fix for: XPD-14398 Missing pipeline in VR in overlay tchothcke

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I have seen the rectangular block cloud issue once with 12.06b7...it looked like a ridiculous giant white Gumby floating in the sky.  If it had more of a rounded Sta-Puf marshmallow man form, I could have maybe tried to attribute it to some kind of Ghostbusters Easter egg.  Did it kill the immersion?  Well...yeah.

I tried to re-create it, as I was using a reproducible ASXP12 saved weather snapshot, and after restarting with the same starting conditions, it wasn't present.

The scenario was at KMEM spot 260, FlightFactor B767, the date/time was 28 Aug 2023 @ 1600Z using a weather snapshot from the same date/time obtained from ASXP's historical weather feature, saved to a file, and then re-loaded as custom wx.

• Like 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

41 minutes ago, Bob Scott said:

I have seen the rectangular block cloud issue once with 12.06b7...it looked like a ridiculous giant white Gumby floating in the sky.  If it had more of a rounded Sta-Puf marshmallow man form, I could have maybe tried to attribute it to some kind of Ghostbusters Easter egg.  Did it kill the immersion?  Well...yeah.

I tried to re-create it, as I was using a reproducible ASXP12 saved weather snapshot, and after restarting with the same starting conditions, it wasn't present.

The scenario was at KMEM spot 260, FlightFactor B767, the date/time was 28 Aug 2023 @ 1600Z using a weather snapshot from the same date/time obtained from ASXP's historical weather feature, saved to a file, and then re-loaded as custom wx.

This is what I can call  a well documented report.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

18 hours ago, efis007 said:

I don't give up easily when it comes to investigating potential bugs. 🧐
I did another flight again, always with real weather, and always in the same Swiss location,... and this time... Bingo!... I saw anomalous clouds.

After this test I confirm that it's not your PC that has problems, it's XP12 that has problems, beta7 has a bug in the clouds, it's confirmed.
Users who say they've never seen it have simply been very lucky, they probably didn't find the meteorological situation conducive to the formation of those strange clouds. 🤞

9 hours ago, onebob said:

I had an issue with it yesterday 

Have both of you checked Log.txt for any METAR parsing errors?

3 hours ago, Sethos said:

It has now become Release Candidate 1

https://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-12-00-release-notes/#Release_candidate_1206r1

Release candidate – 12.06r1

This is the first release candidate for 12.06! Whilst we gather feedback – this version will only be available under public beta

Changes for X-Plane 12.06r1:

• New loading screen background!
  • Fix for: XPD-14398 Missing pipeline in VR in overlay tchothcke

Disappointing changelog, but both the XP binary and planet shaders are updated, som there may be more than these changes under the hood.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

34 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Disappointing changelog, but both the XP binary and planet shaders are updated, som there may be more than these changes under the hood.

I'm not a fan of the new loading screen :cool:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, tonywob said:

I'm not a fan of the new loading screen :cool:

I wonder if this is passively promoting the fancy new background randomizer folder in the Output dir? It works quite well. I’ve never taken this many screenshots before…

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

Ha ha, no, no idea something like that was possible. I wouldn't mind seeing a rotating startup screen of @filou's screenshots though :-)

• Like 1

Indeed. Load up Output/backgrounds in the main XP dir full of pics. Does precisely what the plugin mentioned by @UKflyer  does.

There's a voting system in place on the LR discord channel as well, with the intent of accumulating the best of the best.

Edited by blingthinger
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

7 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

it looked like a ridiculous giant white Gumby floating in the sky

Too bad you didn't photograph it, it would have been interesting to see.
Sometimes graphic bugs are "beautiful", they create absurd and spectacular shapes that deserve to be photographed. 😃
Next time have the "Shift + Spacebar" ready... and capture your clouds! 📷

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

5 hours ago, Bjoern said:

Have both of you checked Log.txt for any METAR parsing errors?

Yes Bjoern.
I checked the log, but there were no errors.
I think the problem is with the weather engine that works "the Xp12 way", and randomly creates strange cloud shapes.
Sometimes they are seen in bad weather.
Other times they are seen in good weather.
I honestly don't know why this phenomenon happens, apparently the bug doesn't seem to follow a "weather logic", it seems something random in data interpretation and cloud rendering.
The Laminars surely know the problem best and will fix it. 🤞

• Like 1

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

9 hours ago, Bjoern said:

Me neither. Me neither.

what new loading screen? heck, I see no difference?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.