Sign in to follow this  
Biology

Potential improvements for sky colors

51 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

You can notice a slightly reddish hue in msfs2024 trailer aswell.

They hadn't implemented the new atmospheric engine into 2024 yet when that trailer was made according to the last Q&A. That's also why the horizon line was still visible in it.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

For anyone wondering about greenish tinge in the current non beta version..I have a few comparison pics with real life. Apart from a huge graphical difference(LOL) you will notice there is one thing that is consistent in all these comparison pics. In every shot you will see the color tone in msfs is shifted towards green whereas in real life its more reddish which is what we have in SU14 Beta.

1-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-2020-vs-Rea

1-MSFS2020-vs-Real-Life-Compilation-You-

Edited by Baber20
  • Like 10

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Ok, as others weren't seeing the pink tone I was, I decided to check it on my TV and sure enough it was much better there. So I when back to the monitor and disabled the HDR preset and bam, no more pink tone. Looks like the HDR preset was to blame, I'm a happy camper now. Thanks for helping me figure this out. 👍

• Like 7

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

3 hours ago, Baber20 said:

For anyone wondering about greenish tinge in the current non beta version..I have a few comparison pics with real life. Apart from a huge graphical difference(LOL) you will notice there is one thing that is consistent in all these comparison pics. In every shot you will see the color tone in msfs is shifted towards green whereas in real life its more reddish which is what we have in SU14 Beta.

Completely agree that SU13 MSFS appears far too green in colour temperature.
My concern with using photos as comparisons is that cameras don’t present the real world image as the human eye sees it, unless the photographer pays particular attention to using the right settings.

Having looked on three devices, including a colour-corrected monitor, the other concern I have is that some of your real world photos appear to have too much magenta in them for a realistic view of daylight at the Sun's zenith.
IMO, they would look more at home in a mid- to late-afternoon view.

I fully accept that personal preferences are at play and everyone will have a different opinion. Just think that it's important for Asobo devs to check that their reference point for colour is Noon, where the daylight colour temperature with a clear sky and the Sun directly overhead is 5000 - 6500 K.

As an example, here's what I obtained when I used photo editing software to move the colour temperature of your real world pics to 5600 K.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

38 minutes ago, Vitold69 said:

Does Biology mod work for SU14?

No, and there's no need for it.

• Upvote 1

Now that that's cleared up, we need to kill that thread in the official forum before Asobo decides to listen to them

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

there's no need for it.

Really? Some prefer more reddish bluish or greenish. Biology mode gave us full control on this. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Vitold69 said:

Biology mode gave us full control on this. 

and how many users changed those MorThe2nd values?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

17 minutes ago, Vitold69 said:

Really? Some prefer more reddish bluish or greenish. Biology mode gave us full control on this. 

Must be many simmer remarks in the real world about the colours being off.  😁

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

If the mod can work on SU14 and people want to continue using it then that's fair play, no doubt the Asobo changes won't please everyone so at least the option may still be there.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

8 hours ago, Krakin said:

Now that that's cleared up, we need to kill that thread in the official forum before Asobo decides to listen to them

What?  Are you serious?  Kill free speech and open discussion?  Amazing.  I can only consider you are joking by that comment, at least partially.

Just one thing to everyone.  If the mod exists after SU14, it won't harm you - YOU ARE NOT FORCED TO USE IT.  

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

The issue with the mod is that it only worked because we knew the values to search for - as Asobo used the values from the original paper as is, it was really easy in SU13. Now no one knows the exact values they used, which means it will be much harder to find them.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.