Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

New version of Rex Accuseason

I guess ORBX is later to the party because ORBX Central normally automates the update process and the script for doing that could be still in the works. I am patient but waiting for it is easy for me since my flightsim season will not start for at least another month.

Edited by bvdboomen
  • Like 1

Its a bit of a mess this update procedure. Nothing in the instructions about deleting the older version and Rex still don't factor that some of us use Addons linker. In the list of simulator install versions for example, it says something along the lines of:-

1. Microsoft Store Version

2. Steam Version

3. Community Folder Location.

Why cant you add a forth option, 4. Add-ons Linker Rex Accuseason folder location? This would at least put files in the right place and hopefully overwrite the older version so we dont end up with two versions of the program running in parallel. I dont see this needs to be as time consuming and messy as it is now.

Edited by cbcdesign

Those with the orbx version its not difficult to upgarde:

- Register on https://rexaxis.com/Signup

- When registered go to products at the top

- Hit add new

- Enter store 'orbx', product 'accuseason advanced', serial key from documents REX6 folder and order number from orbxdirect account

- Download and install!

14 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

Those with the orbx version its not difficult to upgarde:

- Register on https://rexaxis.com/Signup

- When registered go to products at the top

- Hit add new

- Enter store 'orbx', product 'accuseason advanced', serial key from documents REX6 folder and order number from orbxdirect account

- Download and install!

That’s the point, we purchased via Orbx. We should not have to register somewhere else to upgrade a product in the Orbx Central ecosystem. Furthermore, doing it as you described, it will no longer show in Orbx Central. End users should not have to do any of that. REX needs to get it sorted with Orbx and stop acting like amateurs new to the MSFS scene. 

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

8 minutes ago, B777ER said:

That’s the point, we purchased via Orbx. We should not have to register somewhere else to upgrade a product in the Orbx Central ecosystem. Furthermore, doing it as you described, it will no longer show in Orbx Central. End users should not have to do any of that. REX needs to get it sorted with Orbx and stop acting like amateurs new to the MSFS scene. 

wait for orbx then your choice, but REX have provided a way to access their product

Edited by UKflyer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Update went through fine  the other day after registering account, despite having purchased through Just Flight, and providing licence key code. Then last night all i get is licence invalid. Sent off a support request last night.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I am going to wait purchasing till everything works well…

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

In the old Accuseason app the automation doesn't work anymore, every time it opens just prompts me to download the new version. Since I bought through ORBX I don't understand why it wants me now to install outside ORBX Central? No instructions or explanation whatsoever what this means regarding having this product delivered through ORBX Central. Also, I'm really not in the mood to write support tickets when things go wrong. 

17 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

In the old Accuseason app the automation doesn't work anymore, every time it opens just prompts me to download the new version.

Found a workaround. Click on the automation button. Cycle the auto update switch. When turned off and back on, it will update.

• Like 2

Eric 

1 hour ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

In the old Accuseason app the automation doesn't work anymore, every time it opens just prompts me to download the new version. Since I bought through ORBX I don't understand why it wants me now to install outside ORBX Central? No instructions or explanation whatsoever what this means regarding having this product delivered through ORBX Central. Also, I'm really not in the mood to write support tickets when things go wrong. 

Agreed I would like to switch over to ORBX as well. For now though I just checked my rex files and they did update to the correct time and date I scheduled. But yes, I will reinstall through ORBX once it is available.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

I checked some of Community made airports and the runway gets changed with the terrain mask. The summer runway is the dark black asphalt and the autumn is brown. 

runway-late-autumn-terrain.png
runway-summer-terrain.png

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 69Yanks said:

I checked some of Community made airports and the runway gets changed with the terrain mask. The summer runway is the dark black asphalt and the autumn is brown. 

Yes, that’s the main drawback when using terrain masking. Nothing they can do about it, apparently. I hoped they would find a way around it but I guess it’s not possible. 

4 hours ago, cbcdesign said:

Its a bit of a mess this update procedure. Nothing in the instructions about deleting the older version and Rex still don't factor that some of us use Addons linker. In the list of simulator install versions for example, it says something along the lines of:-

1. Microsoft Store Version

2. Steam Version

3. Community Folder Location.

Why cant you add a forth option, 4. Add-ons Linker Rex Accuseason folder location? This would at least put files in the right place and hopefully overwrite the older version so we dont end up with two versions of the program running in parallel. I dont see this needs to be as time consuming and messy as it is now.

When you're setting up Accuseason you have an option to enter a custom location for your Community stuff. You just tell it to put things wherever you want them for Addons Linker to see them.

• Upvote 2

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

2 hours ago, petz_e said:

Yes, that’s the main drawback when using terrain masking. Nothing they can do about it, apparently. I hoped they would find a way around it but I guess it’s not possible. 

I wonder if changing the loading order by setting all the custom airports, as well as the Rex Runway textures to load last will fix that. Might give that a try tonight.

Edited by MMATGA2ME99

TΛNGΘ ϺIKΞ RΘϺΞΘ

3 hours ago, MMATGA2ME99 said:

I wonder if changing the loading order by setting all the custom airports, as well as the Rex Runway textures to load last will fix that. Might give that a try tonight.

That would be nice to know I still have Bijang’s terrain masking and tomorrow I will take a look if it affects runways. taxiways, tarmacs and roads.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0