Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

New version of Rex Accuseason

15 hours ago, TomCYYZ said:

Just flew out of Amsterdam and the Fall colours for this date are still green. I am checking to see if this is normal for this time of year

In reality, the green colors here in The Netherlands are just starting to turn yellow/orange. Many trees are still green.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TomCYYZ said:

Thanks for that, yes, as stated above on Automation mode the following 4 files are updating on a daily basis:

rex_accuseason   10\11\23

rex-accuseason-rexterra-eur 10\11\23

rex-accuseason-rexterra-na 10\11\23

rex-accuseason-rexterra-uk 10\11\23

Maybe MSFS sees it as still late Summer, even though it's early Autumn

It also depends on region. I haven't checked the Netherlands, but in general autumn colours shouls still be very subdued at this time of the year in central Europe. I live here and usually it only starts to get really noticeable around the 15th of October. And then around November 20th all leafs are gone.

And this discussion comes up every year. Sims used to show those colours way too early, and now it seems that AccuSeason is much more spot on when it comes to this.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 1:28 PM, Reader said:

It's hard to follow how the product could have worked without the profile.json file.
Do you mean that you followed their support's request but there has not been a new profile.json file created,
or that there wasn't one and somehow your installation had been working without one?

Yes, I can read, and also follow instructions too. I was able to follow the instructions from support that did not fix the issue.

I checked the license today and it had "fixed itself," without licensing issues, so I'm assuming the issue is fixed.

37 minutes ago, mspencer said:

Yes, I can read, and also follow instructions too. I was able to follow the instructions from support that did not fix the issue.
I checked the license today and it had "fixed itself," without licensing issues, so I'm assuming the issue is fixed.

May I congratulate you on taking offence to a simple question, instead of answering it.

• Upvote 1

In case anyone missed it on the REX Discord.
I followed instructions to the letter, no problems.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PRODUCT INFORMATION:
REX AccuSeason Advanced Edition - Technical Update 1.0 Released

DATE ISSUED:
Friday, October 20, 2023

PRODUCT:
REX AccuSeason Advanced Edition

BUILD:

BUILD STATUS:
Released

WARNING:
This is a full version of REX AccuSeason Advanced Edition. Therefore, uninstall all previous versions of REX AccuSeason Advanced Edition before installing the latest update.

FIX LIST:
FIXED – Terrain content that caused a CTD with the latest build of the flight simulator
FIXED – Rare situation where Community folder content may be erased.
FIXED – Disposed timer when the application is manually started in automation mode.
FIXED – Store causing product page to failure to load.
FIXED – Registration validation issue.
ADDED – Warning screens when automation is enabled and disabled.
ADDED – Function to automatically disable automation when application is in automation mode.
ADDED – Detailed installation logging system.
ADDED – More relative error messages based upon specific conditions during the registration process.
ADDED – profile.json file validation.
IMPROVED – User registration process.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
If you have previously registered AccuSeason Advanced Edition, you should not need to register the product. If you have issues, please do the following:

Locate the profile.json file located in your Documents/REX 7/REX AccuSeason Advanced Edition folder.
Delete the profile.json file
Re-register the program using your REX AXIS login or with your serial key and order number.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Hey all,

So I have read all the comments and I still cannot tell if this is worth getting or not.

Most of the problems seem to come from trying to update the old version.

I have never owned this, so if it is a fresh buy and installation, is it still worth getting and is this a waste of time.

Ron

• Like 1

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

"FIXED – Rare situation where Community folder content may be erased." oooof 

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

"FIXED – Rare situation where Community folder content may be erased." oooof 

This alone is reason to stay away from REX. 

• Upvote 1

Eric 

FWIW I just installed the new version using my original accuseason order and serial number from Simmarket without any issues.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

42 minutes ago, B777ER said:

This alone is reason to stay away from REX. 

The CTD's it causes is another reason.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

One month after initial release: Still waiting for the one-click-update through Orbx...

Edited by RALF9636

42 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

One month after initial release: Still waiting for the one-click-update through Orbx...

I asked about this in their Discord. Their reply was to ban me from their server. REX is a joke and with the features coming with MS2024, absolutely irrelevant.

Eric 

I gave up on this one. Had it since the beginning. But when I heard ctds and other oddities happening.  I just said nope. Especially since it looks like 2024 will have seasons anyway.  

the convoluted update process didn’t help either. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I'm still using the regular REX Accuseason and at this point, I'm too afraid to update to the new version...

• Like 1

This addon has caused me so much trouble since release. The activation process was a hassle. Eventually I was able to activate it but a few days later it started asking me again and again to activate. In the process I somehow lost all my community content, thankfully I had a backup. That was the final nail in the coffin and I gave up and returned to Bijan. I was surprised how good it looks compared to REX. 

Edited by petz_e