Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Update appears to be processing

I had most all these file downloaded days ago (they came with the beta). But for 3 hours now, trying to get the only one lacking, DC-3 Enhanced update.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Mine is stuck at 32/69 - Decompressing fs-base-genericairports-0.1.48.fspackage. 
Says 100% and 3.70 GB.

I took the chance to update since it has been 7 or 8 hours since the issues were reported and they responded saying they were investigating. 

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

This is what we get for a 12million copies sold X average price $100 = $1.2 Billion in revenue to Microsoft.

Greg Clark

44 minutes ago, John_Tavendale said:

Still not joy hours on. 

Why they thrust mandatory updates upon us is beyond me. 

only  reason is  to make  sure  that everyone  is  on  the  same  version  🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

55 minutes ago, Alvega said:

n't see any update? Check your version number.

error code: (0xc0000005) on initial splash screen after 40 seconds and crashes every time.

no update shows in MS store or Xbox app

Update: Opended the insider app and incredibly the 'preview' radio button was showing on for the SU13. Obviously NOT in the preview. Unchecked it, and voila going back to the Xbox app and it starts downloading an update!

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Basically none of the updates in content manager are working for me... I guess I didn't want to fly anyways. 🥱

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, greg100o said:

This is what we get for a 12million copies sold X average price $100 = $1.2 Billion in revenue to Microsoft.

That's wrong because many buy the standard version and also because Steam and Microsoft Store both have regional prices, which means in many countries people pay much cheaper than in the US or Europe, as you can see in this image with the standard version prices on Steam:

spacer.png

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

9 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

error code: (0xc0000005) on initial splash screen after 40 seconds and crashes every time.

no update shows in MS store or Xbox app

Update: Opended the insider app and incredibly the 'preview' radio button was showing on for the SU13. Obviously NOT in the preview. Unchecked it, and voila going back to the Xbox app and it starts downloading an update!

If you had that version you were already in the beta, didn't need to update anything. 

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

13 minutes ago, Alvega said:

That's wrong because many buy the standard version and also because Steam and Microsoft Store both have regional prices, which means in many countries people pay much cheaper than in the US or Europe, as you can see in this image with the standard version prices on Steam:

spacer.png

That's great...so the rest of us get to subsidize those lower rates...I feel so privileged. I feel sorry for the Swiss, Mexicans and Europeans.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

11 minutes ago, Alvega said:

spacer.png

Interesting. I had no idea there was that much variation. I was looking at roughly the average price reflecting the three price tiers. And don't forget the additional monetization from everything sold for MSFS addons on the Microsoft Store of which Microsoft gets a cut. And whether its 1.2 Billion or half a billion its still a ton of money, they could do better for consumers in terms of service.

Greg Clark

The frustrating thing is that it is stuck decompressing aircraft that I never fly.... I guess patience is required here, but it shouldn't be.

Microsoft is one of the largest software companies on the planet....

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

Stuck decompressing in several places, restarted more times than I can remember now.  Now stuck decompressing kaitak, 1/2 0B.  When I restart, I notice in task manager MSFS runs a big burst of network traffic for several seconds, then runs flat out on one thread without changing RAM nor doing any disk I/O or network.  Seems like it gets stuck in a CPU loop.

I was a beta participant but withdrew due to performance problems.  

yep  same  here  still  stuck  tried the  pause  and  restart option  but  no  avail

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

30 minutes ago, Alvega said:

If you had that version you were already in the beta, didn't need to update anything. 

Well leaving it fixed the problem temporarily. Ran the update. Got into game finally, downloaded new content. Now its locked up on the main screen. What a fun exercise this is...

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.