Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Update appears to be processing

I was believing that the MS Store was the best (server problems apart), the updates are usually in realtime, sometimes the Steam users have to wait for the updates (no more?). Also, I hate the Steam app working in background, I have several flight sims on it, but I must admit that it works very well.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

5 hours ago, udidwht said:

Stuck decompressing?? Try the following -

• Quit Flightsim (May need to force quit)
  • Go to (installation folder)Official\OneStore and scroll to the bottom of the window, there are lots of folders in there but you will see the *.fspackage files that are ‘stuck decompressing’ there. Delete those.
  • Run MSFS, it will re-download the package(s) again and should decompress all way through… Perhaps until the next package that might get stuck… Then repeat the steps again

Worked at the first blockage, got MSFS loaded. Now in Updates & seeing if they load or not.

Thank you.

T45

19 hours ago, Virtpilot said:

Thank you God, the white borders around the displays are gone!! 

thanks,

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, Claudius_ said:

I was believing that the MS Store was the best (server problems apart), the updates are usually in realtime, sometimes the Steam users have to wait for the updates (no more?). Also, I hate the Steam app working in background, I have several flight sims on it, but I must admit that it works very well.

I had steam when I had Railroad sims. What a PIA, I would modify a file to make an improvement, and steam would set it back to the original. Never again. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Waited until the next day "today". Update went very smooth and fast. No issues at all. I use the MSStore version. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Also, I hate the Steam app working in background, I have several flight sims on it, but I must admit that it works very well.

NEVER any issues w/ MS Store version from Aug 2020 to the present day.  No thanks putting a 3rd party between the App and my PC>

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

56 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Waited until the next day "today". Update went very smooth and fast. No issues at all. I use the MSStore version. 

Good to hear! I've been holding off installing the update due to all the problems I've read about.

Will give it a go when I get home from work, around 2300Z.

Regards,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

10 hours ago, flying_w said:

Deleting the patch files from the OneStore folder got me working again.  It redownloaded and decompressed straight away

I see bunch of folders but no  batch file in Onestore.   How do you find them?

Update looping for me. That is a first. Tried everything suggested but still loops the first package.. 🤪

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

31 minutes ago, frankla said:

I see bunch of folders but no  batch file in Onestore.   How do you find them?

Nothing special.  As far as I recall they were the only files whereas everything else was folders, so I just deleted the files.  If there aren't any files, I fear it may be a different problem.

By removing the patch files as suggested, I was finally able to complete the SU13 update installation. However I am very disappointed to find that the so-called "graphics error" CTD problem, which originated in SU12, is still there. Very discouraging. Any suggestions would be welcome, but I would be surprised if there are any I haven't tried. (There is nothing wrong with my graphics card., it is not overheating, and I this problem arises only in MSFS and, as I said, only since SU12).

Alienware Aurora R11, 32 GB ram, Intel i7-10700F, GeForce RTX 2080 Super, Ultra graphics settings

Edited by cobalt

I have Nvidia gpu. Some of Nvidias drivers give this problem when they are released. Going back to a previous driver cures the "graphics error" notification error for me.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I have tried many different drivers, both old and recent, in the past -- no luck. Changing drivers seems unlikely to work any better with SU13, but I will give it a try.  Thanks

Edited by cobalt

I am modifing another users post to include the Steam location as:

Go to
C:\Users\sam\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam
and scroll to the bottom of the window, there are lots of folders in there but you will see the *.fspackage files that are ‘stuck decompressing’ there. Delete those.
Run MSFS, it will re-download the package(s) again and should decompress all way through… Perhaps until the next package that might get stuck… Then repeat the steps again

This worked a few moments a go.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

When MSFS first came out and began to be updated, a lot of people learned where and how to delete those files. And then forgot.

Also, going to the internet URL of your router (if you use one) and reducing the speed would sometimes help. A lot us used to that too. Although it did not help me this time.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.