Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Horizon 787-9 v1.0 released

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

I'll wait until they do then

Same. Kind of disappointing. but i'm patient

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

8 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:.

the RR engines don't have enough idle thrust to taxi properly, the GE engines are fine.

For comparison, I was taxying a real -9 with RR engines this morning, 230T and it needed a little bit of above thrust to get it moving initially.

4 hours ago, captain420 said:

How does Horizon's 787 compared to QualityWings 787?

I’ve not tried the -9 yet as away on a flight , but assuming it’s similar to the revamped default-10 .. it’s looks and feels much more like a real 787 than the QW, due to good quality avionics and HUD.

However the QW has deeper systems.

• Like 2

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Does anyone else feel like on final they feel like the can’t keep the nose steady? I feel like there is this constant up and down oscillation that I fight with my yoke (Boeing thrustmaster). I don’t experience the his with any of my other aircraft including the pmdg 737. It’s very challenging to explain. Same problem with the stock 787 and the kuro… just curious what others think?

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

Is there a Qantas livery?  It is the only one I wanted.

EDIT:  Scratch that have found three Qantas livery types -  the 100 anniversary, the one with the aboriginal motif and the standard one. That will keep me going.

Bruce

Edited by brucewtb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Between QualityWings 787 and Horizon's, which one has better graphics and details for both interiors, cockpit, and exterior?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

57 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

Is there a Qantas livery?  It is the only one I wanted.

EDIT:  Scratch that have found three Qantas livery types -  the 100 anniversary, the one with the aboriginal motif and the standard one. That will keep me going.

Bruce

The package only comes with the Horizon default livery. There is already 4 Qantas liveries here Qantas

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Between QualityWings 787 and Horizon's, which one has better graphics and details for both interiors, cockpit, and exterior?

Are you asking for a graphical comparison between the QW 787 from P3d vs the horizon mod in msfs?

the horizon obviously looks miles better. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Orman

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

QualityWings 787 is not here ( MSFS ) and probably never will, so forget this comparison..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 3

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, jon b said:

For comparison, I was taxying a real -9 with RR engines this morning, 230T and it needed a little bit of above thrust to get it moving initially.

I’ve not tried the -9 yet as away on a flight , but assuming it’s similar to the revamped default-10 .. it’s looks and feels much more like a real 787 than the QW, due to good quality avionics and HUD.

However the QW has deeper systems.

How about the "feel of flight" jon ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

3 hours ago, captain420 said:

Is there a QW 787 for MSFS to compare it with?

Jase

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

4 hours ago, captain420 said:

Anything in the world would have better graphics and details in MSFS, what question is this?

In general the QW787 in P3D was very pretty on the outside but IMO rather dull in the cockpit and it had severe problems when EA was introduced. The cockpit was basically pitch black since P3D 5.0 for many people.

EDIT: Also it's the same cockpit as the -10, so just go out and check that if you have the MSFS premium deluxe edition.

Edited by Fiorentoni

Cockpit Enhancements:
– Brand new cockpit textures (Optional download) (Credit: Mike).

Where can we get these optional new cockpit textures?

Thanks

Edmundo Azevedo

1 hour ago, ega said:

Cockpit Enhancements:
– Brand new cockpit textures (Optional download) (Credit: Mike).

Where can we get these optional new cockpit textures?

Thanks

From Discord, Cockpit textures are not yet available, they will be soon as a separate pack. 

WuzPYWr.png

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

6 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

separate pack

Of that pic shows these optional textures then those look quite impressive 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

7 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

From Discord, Cockpit textures are not yet available, they will be soon as a separate pack. 

Thanks!

Edmundo Azevedo