Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

FSReborn Piper M500 releasing on Thursday

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Yes, I can raise my view position very easily as you said, but I am referring to a normal seating position with outside and part instrument views, with the same amount of nose visible as posted above in screen shots.  This aircraft has a very high nose attitude in cruise, apparently as in the real aircraft.

I am not criticising this addon at all.  My query reflected my impression of a much higher nose in cruise than other similar aircraft I have.  If this is how it should be then great.  The FSR500 is in my top five of ALL aircraft in the sim 🙂

Great to hear that you liked it so much. We are all very proud of it. Raul and the whole team at FSReborn put a huge amount of effort in to getting the details right and yes, the angle of attack of the aircraft in normal cruise is as it should be as Raul showed above.   How much of the instrument panel you see vs cowling in the default forward view has been optomised (this is mainly an IFR aircraft).  But if its not to your taste you can simple set a custom camera view or use the upper pilot position view.  

Edited by alpineb

I have a PC with stuff in it

11 hours ago, Mace said:

I was referring to the fact that the sim has a default seat height, which can be changed.

Quite, but I wouldn't get in the real aircraft either and sit too low, dumbfounded why I couldn't see outside 😉

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Version 1.0.11 on the way - 

- FIX: Pressurization system going negative under certain circumstances.

- FIX: Dest ElV is now set to the destination airport automatically when setting the airport on G1000 instead of the minimums via TRM.

- FIX: VNAV Problems when you import SB flight plan.

- FIX: Minor Typos in the FSR500 checklist.

- FIX: Passenger Vehicle was not being called when hitting unload realistic.

- FIX: Engine Failure during cruise, we were monitoring torque at 1301, now above 1313lbs-ft

- FIX: Anti-Ice Effects.

- FIX: Strobe lights are now volumetric.

- FIX: Flight Plan windows size adjusted closer to IRL units.

- FIX: Elevator trim tab animations adjusted to reflect counter tab operations.

- FIX: Fuel Ops will not call the truck when the fuel values are the same.

- NEW: Copilot can now be toggled ON / OFF for internal view from an EFB Setting.

- NEW: The welcome wizard will disable the Engine Action camera if electrical failures or Hot Starts are enabled in order to prevent the user from burning the starter or damaging the engine.

Edited by St Mawgan
  • Like 3

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

On 11/30/2023 at 12:02 AM, alpineb said:

Great to hear that you liked it so much. We are all very proud of it. Raul and the whole team at FSReborn put a huge amount of effort in to getting the details right and yes, the angle of attack of the aircraft in normal cruise is as it should be as Raul showed above.   How much of the instrument panel you see vs cowling in the default forward view has been optomised (this is mainly an IFR aircraft).  But if its not to your taste you can simple set a custom camera view or use the upper pilot position view.  

My go to formula for my camera setting in most aircraft is setting the default camera to pan down 12-15 degrees (edit cameras.cfg) and then adjust the ingame camera height until the aircraft symbol on the ND is slightly above the lower screens border. This way you get a nice mix of outside and panel POV. Works with almost every plane.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Hi all, HeadwindH here.  New member today. 

I would like to comment with a thumbs up on the FSReborn FSR M500 that I have been flying in MSFS 2020 for the last week or so.  I really like the new aircraft and all of the fun extras with this package.  It has been fun flying Night/IFR in winter weather and trying to make the A/I passengers happy.  Thinking about passenger comfort in a flight sim is another welcome wrinkle in the immersion that an old retired 50 year professional G/A pilot has been seeking.

With the exception of a few minor bugs, which I will get to, I think FSReborn has done a bang up job (no pun intended; much) with this aircraft and integrating other developers avionics and systems.  Up to this point I give the package a 4.8 and well worth the price.

The only problem that I have found with the FSR M500 so far, not counting the fact that the latest FS Update this week has hurt the FPS of the whole simulator and all it's aircraft somewhat, is the the Rudder Trim does not move which in turn causes a 'T/O Config' warning on every take-off until breaking ground airborne.

I have an X52 Pro H.O.T.A.S system and I have NOT assigned any H.O.T.A.S Axis to the Rudder Trim.  I have assigned rudder trim left and right to the MSFS 2020 keyboard bindings.  I get proper animation of the rudder trim rocker switch left and right using the mouse on the cockpit switch and with the keyboard switches but no movement of the rudder trim indicator and no actual trimming which means I get the 'T/O Config' waring every takeoff.

I am using Windows 10 with an AMD 8 Core CPU, 32 GB Mem, Nvidia 1070 with 8 GB driving three monitors. one 42" 4K monitor for the sim, one 32" 2K for the virtual vFIP, and one small VGA for navigraph.  I use a  Saitek X52 Pro H.O.T.A.S, Multi and Switch Panels, and 3 Flight Insturment Panels.  Spad.neXt drives the Saitek Flight Panels and several virtual vFIP guages.   I use Simbrief to talk to the EFS and Navigraph for moving maps and charts.  

I have put about 15 hours on the M500 now and put the Garmin package through it's paces, seeking out real life areas of winter weather with Night/IFR with dark approaches into low vis ice and snow.  I spent most of the last week up and down the Northwest Coast Washington and Oregon where there has been widespread Low visibility, rain, ice and snow.

The Garmin system in this Piper aircraft works really well and true to life.  I have many years of real life experience the Garmin 430, 530, and G1000 systems as well as many other systems in G/A turboprops and jets.

I would say all of the developers of this aircraft and others associated with MSFS 2020 have teamed up pretty well and finally got a good handle on the Garmin systems. 

Thank you FSReborn guys for a really nice product.

Marvin 'Headwind' Hesket 

I have been getting O.K. frame rates am using Windows 10 with an 8 core AMD and 32 GB memory and a NVIDIA 8 GB with three monitors and Spad.neX with the Saitek Multipanel, one Switch and one Radio Panel  and Navigraph.  

Except for a couple of small issues I give the whole product a 4.8 so far.

One issue is causing two problems.  The rudder trim will not move.  I can animate the rudder trim switch in both directions using the cockpit switch and mouse, and key binds for left and right rudder trim but get no movement on the indicator and no actual trimming.  I do NOT have any of my X52 H.O.T.A.S. system joystick axis assigned to rudder.

Because I get no rudder trim I cannot avoid T/O Config warning on every takeoff because I can't get the rudder trim on the required blue mark 2 to 3 degrees to the right.

I just got to FSR M500 a few days before the last MSFS 2020 update a few days ago and before the update all of my aircraft, including the M500 were giving good frame 

Sorry,  I missed deleting the extra repetitive text at the bottom of my previous post about the FSR M500 rudder trim not working.

Headiwnd

I have the rudder trim bound to my yoke as "Rudder Trim Left" and "Rudder Trim Right" and it works without a problem.

In any case, have you tried clicking the actual switch in the cockpit? That will solve the problem until you have figured out what the issue with the keybinding is.

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

psychedelic.  Yes, as I said before, keybinds and H.O.T.A.S. button assignments, and mouse clicks all make the cockpit switch graphics show the left clicks and right clicks as expected but I get no trimming, period.   I have to live with take-off config warning lights and sound until I get airborne off the squat switches and I have to manually hold rudder in climb to overcome P-Factor.  I am a 23,000+ hour pilot and I do know how it's susposed to work.  The problem IS NOT key binding.  Thanx for responding though.  It would be nice to hear from FSR on this.  

Cheers, Headwind

11 hours ago, HeadwindH said:

psychedelic.  Yes, as I said before, keybinds and H.O.T.A.S. button assignments, and mouse clicks all make the cockpit switch graphics show the left clicks and right clicks as expected but I get no trimming, period.   I have to live with take-off config warning lights and sound until I get airborne off the squat switches and I have to manually hold rudder in climb to overcome P-Factor.  I am a 23,000+ hour pilot and I do know how it's susposed to work.  The problem IS NOT key binding.  Thanx for responding though.  It would be nice to hear from FSR on this.  

Cheers, Headwind

I responded to you via email today. As you must appreciate this forum is not the official support channel, I read it from time to time, not every day, etc.

Coming back to your issue, the only way you would suffer from a rudder trim not moving even via using the rudder trim switch button with mouse clicks would be if some keybind (via 3rd party software or MSFS itself) is interfering with the operation, the front panel rudder switch is using standard SDK Asobo interactions to set the rudder trim, so if this is not working, it means some other software or hardware is fighting it sending a signal to keep the rudder trim at zero.

You need to find a way to make the mouse interaction work first, I suggest you close spad.next or AAO (or any other software you might have capable of putting keybinds), open MSFS and search under all your hardware for the rudder trim binds and clear them (including keyboard, mouse, anything that might have rudder trim) and attempt to use the mouse again, worse case unplug all your hardware (except mouse / keyboard), and confirm if the rudder trim works with the mouse interactions.

This is the current XML code used for rudder trim on the switch.. is as simple as it gets:

<UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_HANDLING_Switch_RudderTrim_Template">
					<NODE_ID>Electrical_Rudder_Trim_Switch</NODE_ID>
					<ANIM_NAME>Electrical_Rudder_Trim_Switch</ANIM_NAME>
					<ID>1</ID>
					<WWISE_EVENT>switch_trim_rudder_press_release</WWISE_EVENT>
					<ADDITIONAL_TESTS>(A:Circuit on:81, Bool) and</ADDITIONAL_TESTS>
					<PART_ID>Electrical_Rudder_Trim_Switch</PART_ID>
				</UseTemplate>

Best,
Raul

Edited by simbol
  • Like 2

Hello Guys,

I have the pleasure to announce FSR500 version 1.0.13 is now available via a Market Place update.

This version introduces 
.LITE Liveries, which sole purpose is to increase performance even more when required, although they were particularly designed for the XBOX console with the intention to reduce the chances of any ABO (Avionics Black Outs), they can be also be used by PC users when required.

lease note I strongly recommend to continue using the XBOX optimisation settings explained via the user manual pages 10 to 11 in order to maximize your performance and experience on consoles (specially if you are using a Xbox-S) and use the new .LITE liveries which contains very specific and crafted texture optimizations in order to ensure your consoles RAM usage remains at minimum. By using our recommended setting + the .LITE liveries, you will reduce heavily any chance of ABOs, however please note these can still occur under very specific circumstances, such as, when using custom / 3rd party badly optimized sceneries for XBOX, however our internal XBOX beta team tested FSR500 heavily in KLAS area, Tokyo and many other well know places responsible for ABOs with other 3rd party aircraft and we are delighted to report that FSR500 behaved perfectly inside these areas without incurring into any ABOs.

How to use these new liveries?

Using the .LITE liveries is very simple, all you need to do is load the MSFS livery selector and find your preferred official FSR Livery with the title - Lite next to it (see attached pictures for reference), and voila, all done, that simple. Another announcement will be done via the general channel when Microsoft confirms the update is LIVE to me.

trOrEzK.jpeg

What is next?

This will the last scheduled update for FSR500 for this year, my next schedule update for FSR500 is late January - Mid February 2024 where I will introduce new features that were planned in the road map plus some feature requests you all have been submitting as feedback since launch. After this update is completed, more updates will come but at a slower pace since I will retire back to my cave and start to work on Phenom 300E full time.

Thanks to everyone for the massive support so far, it feels me with incredible joy to see how much you guys love the product and how much you guys enjoy flying it. I wish you all a wonderful Christmas 2023 and a massive amazing new year 2024!.

All my love,
Raul

Edited by simbol
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, simbol said:

What is next?

This will the last scheduled update for FSR500 for this year, my next schedule update for FSR500 is late January - Mid February 2024 where I will introduce new features that were planned in the road map plus some feature requests you all have been submitting as feedback since launch. After this update is completed, more updates will come but at a slower pace since I will retire back to my cave and start to work on Phenom 300E full time.

Thanks to everyone for the massive support so far, it feels me with incredible joy to see how much you guys love the product and how much you guys enjoy flying it. I wish you all a wonderful Christmas 2023 and a massive amazing new year 2024!.

All my love,
Raul

Thanks Raul, are you still working on the 727???

Edited by ttbq1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

44 minutes ago, simbol said:
Thanks to everyone for the massive support 

No, thank you Raul for your passionate work and dedication!!

• Like 1

Thanks again Raul for brining one of my favorite GA aircraft to MSFS.  Is there any plan in the updates you mentioned above for January/Febuary to add the backup gauges to the cockpit?😶  I know you mentioned you were still trying to figure out which set you were going to implement.    

Edited by Bob Scott
//admin edit: removed half-page quote for two-line comment

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2