Sign in to follow this  
polosim

SimWorks Studios Pilatus PC-12 released

3 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Hi - I will be picking this up for sure.  Can anyone let me know how Beta range works on this?  Is it similar to the TBM 850?  On the FSR500, I have a curve set up on my Throttle range to make it work in a similar manner to the TBM where bottom 15% of throttle range is beta..  I watched a couple videos and read the manual but have not seen anything mentioned.  Thanks!

It's more like the FSR500. 

• Upvote 1

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

6 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Hi - I will be picking this up for sure.  Can anyone let me know how Beta range works on this?  Is it similar to the TBM 850?  On the FSR500, I have a curve set up on my Throttle range to make it work in a similar manner to the TBM where bottom 15% of throttle range is beta..  I watched a couple videos and read the manual but have not seen anything mentioned.  Thanks!

Works exactly the same as in the M500. In fact, I use the exact same control profile for both planes without an issue. The power management setup of the PC-12 and the M500 is almost identical: One Throttle lever (Power Control Lever - PCL - is what Pilatus calls it), a Manual Override and a combined Prop+Mixture (=> Condition) lever.

Edited by psychedelic_tortilla
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Don't agree with that!  The PC-12 is good, but is a level below the FSR500 or Blacksquare TBM850.  The initial bugs are not an issue for me, especially as the first patch was out in a few hours. Until failures/hot starts etc are included, the other two products are better - the FSR500 with its fuel and passenger loading add a good deal to the experience AND it's systems are fully featured at release.

That is one of the few things I dislike about the TBM. It takes its fuel from the sim. I actually left the nozzle in the tank on the FSR500 and noticed only in the air when i saw this weird thing flapping around outside the plane.

Ron

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

My personal opinion that SWS PC-12 reflect airframe "heaviness" feel way better than FSR 500. I wish FSR weak some FM ground physics especially and unrealistically long flares. In contrast. FSR EFB and failures  is where SWS can take some notes. While Icing model edge is on SWS side!  On the other hand... LOL Anyway A2A, BS, SWS, FSR are my favorite piston/turboprop airframes for MSFS. Absolutely love them! 

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

We have a lot of PC-12s operating out my home base in SoCal. Gorgeous airplane what can I say!

image.png?ex=6584831d&is=65720e1d&hm=195

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

24 minutes ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

That is one of the few things I dislike about the TBM. It takes its fuel from the sim. I actually left the nozzle in the tank on the FSR500 and noticed only in the air when i saw this weird thing flapping around outside the plane.

Ron

Lol Ron, good thing that was just in the sim...in real life that would be considerably more disconcerting to look over and see!! : )

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

30 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

My personal opinion that SWS PC-12 reflect airframe "heaviness" feel way better than FSR 500.

Yes, the feeling of flying a heavy aircraft has been modelled very nicely with the PC12.  Sim aircraft are often more twitchy than the real aircraft, but the PC12 is anything but twitchy.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I am watching tutorial with a real pilot and all of a sudden I remembered how I sat in the cockpit of a PC12 this summer.

Getting in the pilot chair was quite the exercise. It is one small cockpit. (7:20 in the video they are talking about it.)

Ron

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

41 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Is it harder on frame rates?

Not on my machine. 
-B

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turbomax said:

more detail than I ever hoped for.

Sorry. I'd rather have fun and fly this since I left the Carenado in the hangar.

I'm not hurt by this. 

Love this plane and the FSR as well.

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Yes, the feeling of flying a heavy aircraft has been modelled very nicely with the PC12.  Sim aircraft are often more twitchy than the real aircraft, but the PC12 is anything but twitchy.

Indeed, just been up in the circuit with the PC12 ( orbx LBA V2) and get it trimmed out properly and it does feel really nice, the more I fly it the more I'm liking it.

However, I'm still not happy with the way it's skidding out of turns, it's needing way to much rudder for my liking to get it into a balanced turn.

I don't see this being down to engine torque as I'm flying down wind and turning onto base on a constant throttle circa 12 psi, gear down flap 15, but the left turn to base is needing a big boot full of thrustmaster TPR rudder to get the slip ball off the stops. And that's with a heck of a lot of left rudder trim already in.

In addition my TDS 650 and 750 are powering on and off , but I can live with that for now.

I'm liking the visual modelling , sounds -particularly the voice cautions , and 75% of the flight modelling.

it's just that slip ball is all over the place, and as much as I hate to be one of those people...but that's not what it does on the youtube videos. 🙂

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

@JYW

Whats the in-sim performance like compared to the Carenado?

Is it harder on frame rates?

Doesn't seem to have any particularly high demands on GPU/CPU.  Pretty frame rate friendly as far as I can tell.  Probably on a par with the Carenado model.  I guess it depends on your system.  I have a 3080Ti.   Not state of the art but beefy enough that FPS aren't really a concern any more; at least with my settings in MSFS, which I would describe as 'sensible'. I certainly don't have everything on 'Ultra'.  Most settings are on High.

Hope this helps.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Just completed my first flight. Overall, I really like it. Love the sounds, feels good in the air (nice and heavy) and it looks pretty amazing on the visual front too. Also, nice to see a decent prop disk animation. Did struggle on the ground after touch down as I thought I would. I had to use all my rudder authority just to keep it on the runway, even with the rudder trim set correctly and the yaw damper off. In the video posted earlier, they mentioned the sim having a ground and air mode and the transition between them is a little off right now. I get they are going for a realistic flight model, but I hope it's something they can adjust as the transition from ground to air mode and back again is making takeoffs and landings a bit difficult imho.