Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

BeyondATC Voice Tier

34 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

How do you know this to be FACT unless you are involved with the company?

Because they've already said where all the money goes.

Plus the program already comes with a free offline voice option. So whatever their reason for not using SAPI, it has nothing to do with money.

Edited by Tuskin38

BeyondATC went way Beyond affordable and only for the elites of this hobby.  Why did they make it so complicated?🤯   This looks to me like a "Microtransaction Live $ervice"  just like video games where they enticing kids to pay optional digital cosmetic garbage they don't really need. The developer knows what he's doing, he's very clever! He did his due diligence.  As a businessman, he sees where the constant revenue $$$ is going to flow....I don't blame him really, it is what it is, take it or leave it. 

Anyone know if VoxATC for MSFS will have subscription or microtransaction in their addon?  Might be the better option and worth a look.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, F1Fan said:

BeyondATC went way Beyond affordable and only for the elites of this hobby.  Why did they make it so complicated?🤯   This looks to me like a "Microtransaction Live $ervice" 

Because natural sounding AI voices are not free or cheap. BATC also don't control the cost of the service, they're using a third party for generation that have no hand in.

This isn't news at all. They've been saying since the program was announced that their would be a cost for voices.

It also comes with a free offline voice option, if you use that all you're paying for is the program once.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 2

After comparing the 3 voices on their web page, the offline voices are fine for me. Sure, the super premium voices are better, but not worth filling a meter on.

I am going to wait a while after it launches before I get it. This product really needs a lot of real-world usage folks report on how it works before I get it. It demos well, but roads are paved with the corpses of products that demo well.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

These things (especially realistic vectors in mountain areas) are extremely difficult to get right in coding. There's a reason P2ATC has been going for about 10 years now and they still regularly fix things with vectors! Overall it will take a long long time for BeyondATC to be "polished" up to an extent that it does not have obvious bugs each and every flight. It's an uphill battle and people will have to manage their expectations for the first couple of years.

It doesn't have to be perfect. For truly mountainous airports (like Innsbruck or Aspen), you can always realistically fly the published procedures; I can't imagine vectors (to final) are a thing there, for obvious reasons. Also, consider where we are a right now in terms of ATC in MSFS: It isn't even capable of doing the most basic vectoring. Which is a step back from FS9 (or perhaps even FS8?). The bar has always been crazy low and has been lowered further. So BATC doesn't have to be revolutionary good (it may well be, though) to bring about major improvements to the experience.

Edited by thepilot

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

Because good quality AI voices are not free. They also don't control the cost of the service, they're using a third party.

This also isn't news at all. They've been saying since the start there would be a cost for voices.

There's also a free offline voice option, if you use that all you're paying for is the program.

Whatever, it is still a "Live Service" microtransaction business either way you look at it. He's going to want to entice YOU to pay for the Premium Voices or at least try...I am not knocking it, he's very smart.  He sees what makes $$$$.

• Like 1

Too expensive for me and many others I would say.  I do understand where they are coming from in the way they have to charge extra for the online voices, but this would  be my main reason to consider purchasing and I  certainly won't be at that price.

I have seen a few videos and it looks like it will be an excellent program though, but bearing mind that we don't know what msfs2024 is going to bring us yet and you may not want to shell out your hard earned cash until we do.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

1 hour ago, Kaboki said:

The question is wether you want to live in the stone age of ATC service or be part of the revolutionary future of AI driven ATC that almost is as real as it gets. This AI thing is a whole different level than the old ways of doing things

I might have missed that part: Where do they say that the actual interactions are AI driven? I thought it was only the voice generation that was AI driven. The preview videos showed no sign of any "unscripted" AI, so where does that come from?

1 hour ago, F1Fan said:

Whatever, it is still a "Live Service" microtransaction business either way you look at it. He's going to want to entice YOU to pay for the Premium Voices or at least try...I am not knocking it, he's very smart.  He sees what makes $$$$.

I have no reason to doubt the developer for the price. As of now there are 2 «competators» that use this AI tech, Beyond ATC and Sayintentions AI, booth devs say this is what it cost because they pay a fee everytime we use it. One choose the «metered» charge, the other subscription, I think its a fair deal:)

Edited by Kaboki

3 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I might have missed that part: Where do they say that the actual interactions are AI driven? I thought it was only the voice generation that was AI driven. The preview videos showed no sign of any "unscripted" AI, so where does that come from?

Atleast that is how the Sayintentions AI work, beyond is based on the same tech so I guess it works the same:)

20 minutes ago, F1Fan said:

Where did you hear that? With the base package, you already have the full working software with basic voices, as far as i know. I see the premium voices as a plus, but personally I dont really care if I'll listen to many different perfect local accents, or just a few. Basic voices (with no more payments needed) looks like they sound already much better than microsoft david or whatever ones. Using credits only for push to talk, they should last a year or more at least.

I could be wrong, but I think that if we received so little update and news about improved ATC from MS/Asobo for 2020, is maybe because they are preparing something big for 2024 with Copilot AI owned by Microsoft and more.

2 minutes ago, Kaboki said:

Atleast that is how the Sayintentions AI work, beyond is based on the same tech so I guess it works the same:)

I just checked on discord, it's NO AI driven chat-gpt ATC (unlike SayIntentions, which indeed uses ChatGPT for the actual interactions "text"). It's just plain old scripted and coded ATC for BeyondATC, no machine learning of any kind.

(also for @caneman)

37 minutes ago, thepilot said:

The bar has always been crazy low and has been lowered further. So BATC doesn't have to be revolutionary good (it may well be, though) to bring about major improvements to the experience.

Well, we already have some quite matured ATC addons like Pilot2ATC, FSHud or PF3 that are significantly better than default ATC, so it is them BATC will have to be compared to when it comes to authenticity of worldwide ATC procedures in all kinds of situations.

Let's wait and see what they will eventually come up with on release.

Hopefully they will rise the bar for all others not only when it comes to voices but in regard to AI control and ATC procedures as well 

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I just checked on discord, it's NO AI driven chat-gpt ATC (unlike SayIntentions, which indeed uses ChatGPT for the actual interactions "text"). It's just plain old scripted and coded ATC for BeyondATC, no machine learning of any kind.

(also for @caneman)

I've looked through the discord and didn't find any mention of what you're saying.  Can you paste the reference?