Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

Now that we have frame generation for MSFS, it's amazing that we somehow survived without it.  Frame generation is one of the best features implemented for MSFS. So glad that the MSFS team was an early adopter of frame generation, it's a huge game changer for flight simulation. 

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 hours ago, scotchegg said:

I’m very comfortable with my render scale of 120

I've been using legacy DSR 4.00x and it's stellar and my GPU still coasts.  With this no need to change RS, which I discovered caused a subtle recurrent shimmy.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

55 minutes ago, threegreen said:

But how does one get motion reprojection working without artifacts? Even around 45 FPS in VR it still produces artifacts, so it's virtually useless for flight simming.

That depends on the HMD, software, hardware of the user etc etc and another topic entirely 👍

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

15 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

Yes I know how to operate AFMF, I'm just not seeing any discernable difference in fluidity.

Did you try the November or December tech preview drivers ?

You may also want to continue to tinker with the settings. For example I turn the radeon anti lag off. That part doesn't seem to do anything for my card. most importantly the VRR is hooked up. You can even turn on Vsync in the sim if you want to try that.

Gotta make sure the supporting settings work for your rig.

For me, locking the base frames at 40 + AFMF = 80 and turning on VRR (freesync/gsync) results in an experience that makes me not care when MS gets around to in game FSR. That's how smooth it is. But i can be one of those edge cases.

Sorry its not working for you.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

1 hour ago, jrw4 said:

I'll give this a pass until then, as I enjoy the HDR image quality so much

I used HDR for a time until I discovered GFE Detail Filter which I found superior to HDR which was too extreme.  

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I just can't get rid of the stutters, even by reducing texture resolution, unless I got back to DX11.

image.png

Edited by iFlySimX

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

9 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Did you try the November

I believe I was trying the November beta drivers, I may give the latest ones a try and see how I fair.

9 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Gotta make sure the supporting settings work for your rig.

of course of course 🙂 running a 7800XT with a 5800X3D.

Yeah I'll try and do a flight tonight with the latest beta drivers and see if I see any better results, cheers.

4 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

I just can't get rid of the stutters, even by reducing texture resolution, unless I got back to DX1

Putting a "fake" frame in between normally rendered frames doesn't improve your hardware's true processing capability so if you're on the edge of overtaxing CPU and/or GPU you're still not going to have sterling frame time variance.  IOW, you still have to respect load and set up the sim accordingly because raw frame rate is only part of the issue of ultra smooth animation.

• Like 1

Noel

47 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

I just can't get rid of the stutters, even by reducing texture resolution, unless I got back to DX11.

image.png

My experience with DX12 is: put as much load as possible on the GPU and stutters get less. So maybe crank up some GPU intensive stuff further?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I switched back to TAA

Gauges are not as crisp as with TAA in FRG. And Frames are not that much higher

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else randomly getting this error which is causing MSFS to crash? 

image.png

• Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

3 hours ago, virtuali said:

If you own a good card like a 3080/3090 (I think even something like a 2080Ti should work well), wait at least for the official FSR3 implementation by Asobo before deciding to buy a 4000.

Yes but for FG I don't think that there is much difference between a 4090 and 3090ti. I bought my 3090 3 years ago for about CAD$2500 so its at about $70 a month right now. Granted I'd get half that back if I sell it but this will breed new life into it and I've done pretty well getting near 4090 performance out of it using TV Frame interpolation anyway which in some ways is better than FG. I'll hang on to it for another 3 years given the way things are going.🤪

1 hour ago, guenseli said:

I switched back to TAA

Gauges are not as crisp as with TAA in FRG. And Frames are not that much higher

Frame generation does not affect the gauges, DLSS does.

You can use FG with TAA.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

11 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Hi, it seems that FSR3 has finally made accessible FG for all RTX cards.

I haven't tested it yet because I'm in the process of reinstalling the sim (since yesterday morning, because the slow speed download bug IS indeed FIXED! 🙂

Still a few hours to go, however if you want to test the mod and post your feedback... 😉

Credit to Nukem9  

Frame generation requires a few steps to set things up correctly:

1. Own an Nvidia RTX graphics card with updated drivers.
  2. Ensure Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling is enabled in Windows Settings.
  3. Install this mod in your game directory.
  4. Launch your game and disable vertical sync (V-Sync) in the settings menu. Then toggle frame generation.

This will result in screen tearing. To restore vertical sync and keep frame generation working properly, open Nvidia Control Panel, navigate to "Manage 3D settings", and enable "Vertical sync" for your specific game.

does it work with dx11 ?

4 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

It should be:

For Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator

For MS Store: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_VERSION NUMBER__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I'm not able to copy the files over to the MS Store folder... Any suggestions?