Sign in to follow this  
Franz007

X-Plane shining in last navigraph-result

12 hours ago, mSparks said:

What aircraft is there you can fly in MS 5 times a week for 3 hours? From what I read on the MS forum trying to do that leaves you with only the rudder and ailerons working 2 and a half hours in....

I've had numerous successful flights in 2020 using the PMDG 737-800 that go on two / three plus hours without issue. Mater of fact, I've left 2020 running for about five hours (trying to track down the black screen issue on my center display) before jumping in and going for a ride, didn't have any control issues.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

Ouch. Touché 

🙂

You guys are SO in 2022... MScenery is the king of pumping out horrible products nowadays. I don't even know how many there are now. 😉

48 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

I've had numerous successful flights in 2020 using the PMDG 737-800 that go on two / three plus hours without issue. Mater of fact, I've left 2020 running for about five hours (trying to track down the black screen issue on my center display) before jumping in and going for a ride, didn't have any control issues.

never  had  any issues  using  ms2020   flying  for  6  minutes or  6  hours or  more in  any aircraft 737, fenix

• Like 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

AutoATC Developer

10 hours ago, Franz007 said:

There is also a lot more users using Windows than Unix...what does that say about the quality of a sim?

No more new high quality 3party airports/aircraft to enjoy. Software devs are going for the userbase and money.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Cyrex1984 said:

No more new high quality 3party airports/aircraft to enjoy. Software devs are going for the userbase and money.

I really don’t think some people realize what they’re saying. And how insulting they can be. 

Edited by GoranM
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

6 hours ago, pete_auau said:

never  had  any issues  using  ms2020   flying  for  6  minutes or  6  hours or  more in  any aircraft 737, fenix

Yes, MSFS is very stable for me too, even if I leave it running for 7 hours or more.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, GoranM said:

I won’t use the 5 star restaurant to McDonalds comparison, because it offends a few people. How about Subway vs McDonalds?  Or KFC vs McDonald’s?  None of them are going out of business. Just because one is more popular than the other, doesn’t mean the less popular one is going broke.

I can't speak for others but for me the gourmet elite restaurant vs. McDonald's metaphor is off putting because it's so extreme it oozes a ton of perceived superiority over other people for one's choice of desktop flight sim, which is just a bit pretentious and makes me cringe reading it. Someone made a good post on 'the other side' wondering why some seem to go as far as measuring their self worth by their choice of desktop flight sim (which obviously goes for all sides).

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I can't speak for others but for me the gourmet elite restaurant vs. McDonald's metaphor is off putting because it's so extreme it oozes a ton of perceived superiority over other people for one's coice of desktop flight sim, which is just a bit pretentious and makes me cringe reading it. Someone made a good post on 'the other side' wondering why some seem to go as far as measuring their self worth by their choice of desktop flight sim (which obviously goes for all sides).

I can kind of understand how that analogy can be misinterpreted, but it isn't about the "quality" per se.  It's about the sales volume.

Some people assume Laminar will go broke, simply because X-Plane isn't as popular as MSFS.  That's a pretty silly and foolish conclusion to make when taking everything into account.  It's almost a reactionary opinion rooted in insecurity.  Bashing the competition just to make a favorite sim appear better.  

You won't find a single person in here claiming X-Plane is more popular.  But you will find people asking to be respected in their choice.  Whether they be a commercial developer or a customer.  

For example, there are people like 👇 who will refer to X-Plane as anything but "X-Plane".  I guess for his own obvious reasons.  But to the regulars in here, he just comes across as something that starts with T and ends with roll.

Just my 2c

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, threegreen said:

measuring their self worth by their choice of desktop flight sim

my "self worth" is the greatest, I have at least 6 simulators currently.

• Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

10 minutes ago, GoranM said:

You won't find a single person in here claiming X-Plane is more popular.  But you will find people asking to be respected in their choice.  Whether they be a commercial developer or a customer.

I don't agree with the preaching of XP's perceived impending demise either. I have seen the metaphor used to allude to the quality of sims, hence my sentiment towards it.

Asking to be respected in one's choice is fair of course, though that again is something that goes both ways. It's never just the other side, and all that bickering is rather silly.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

17 minutes ago, turbomax said:

my "self worth" is the greatest, I have at least 6 simulators currently.

That means you have at least 6 self worths. Darn. Get off the forums!

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Asking to be respected in one's choice is fair of course, though that again is something that goes both ways. It's never just the other side, and all that bickering is rather silly.

Very true. And I wish it would stop from both sides. Speaking for myself, i have nothing but factual criticisms on both platforms. But you’ll find that as soon as a new MSFS version is announced, the “RIP x-plane” comments start in the forums. Knee jerk reactions are inevitable. 

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

19 hours ago, Inu said:

Where the data is stored on texture channels differs between engines, thats it.

And this is the entire point I am trying to make: This is absolutely inadequately communicated by Laminar.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days