Sign in to follow this  
Franz007

X-Plane shining in last navigraph-result

2 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Should of made finding a replacement a priority instead of worrying about blowing leaves and cricket sounds. Again, L/R touts themselves as the pro sim, well pros don't care about blowing leaves and cricket sounds.

This is a low blow.  Apart from you, do you know how many people I have seen asking for a better/fixed networking solution?  None.  It wasn't a priority for them.  They had other things to take care of, that were far higher in priority than networking fixes.

Blowing leaves and cricket sounds?  Please don't assume things you know little to nothing about.  

10 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Mike, so much more depends on performance.  The number 1 culprit in degraded performance in X-Plane 12 is plugins.  Every plugin you add, will chew up CPU cycles.  No matter how small it is.  What is the performance like on a bare bones X-Plane 12 installation when compared to one with all your add ons, including plugins?

I have 3 X-Plane setups.  The one with everything installed runs at half the performance as the one with nothing installed.  I use that one to test the add ons I'm working on.

After plugins, it could be anything.  A log file will explain it all, but if you really want to compare, install a 2nd copy with no plugins and then try it again.  

I tried running XP12 with the minimum I need to run my flight deck and I notice no difference in the flickers / stutters.
I have checked / searched my log file for any errors, there are none.

The issue didn't exist until after beta1, they did something my setup doesn't like at all.

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL
  • Like 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I'm not going to just take your word for it with no reference to look into.  What plugins DO you have running?  What aircraft?  What nvidia settings?  Is Vsync turned on?  Is it full screen or windowed?  It does make a difference.  Have you tried reducing resolution?

Are you saying that with the exact same networked setup, you can run MSFS with absolutely zero stutters?  What add ons do you have?  What settings are you using?  Are you using FG?  

Mike, so many questions.  The one's I just asked are a fraction of the possible causes of your issues.

@Mike_CFII_MEL Here's an example.  And this is my plugin filled version of X-Plane, on an M1 Max MacBook Pro, with a 5K Retina screen.  

Default C172.  Pretty heavy cloud cover.  45 fps (as seen in the top left).

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/n68cmpo4ucqsrdlwnw7l0/Screenshot-2023-12-30-at-2.11.41-pm.png?rlkey=6h3bxxiiia0ur2dr2tcnmggc5&dl=0

And my settings.  

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4pvska27f7r1zt2bu9n1b/Screenshot-2023-12-30-at-2.11.54-pm.png?rlkey=oezw8b37acfr4mb7wb3yz2nrv&dl=0

If I turn my settings down to what you have, I would easily get double, if not more, fps.

So, if you're getting stutters on your beast of a machine, there must be something going on that you haven't picked up on.

33 minutes ago, GoranM said:

I'm not going to just take your word for it with no reference to look into.  What plugins DO you have running?  What aircraft?  What nvidia settings?  Is Vsync turned on?  Is it full screen or windowed?  It does make a difference.  Have you tried reducing resolution?

Are you saying that with the exact same networked setup, you can run MSFS with absolutely zero stutters?  What add ons do you have?  What settings are you using?  Are you using FG?  

Mike, so many questions.  The one's I just asked are a fraction of the possible causes of your issues.

I have the same equipment as I did in XP12b1 where everything ran very smooth! My minimum plugin test consisted of the following plugins

XP12 - I have to run four computers for the flight deck - One computer for each display and one for glass screens and CDUs.

Zibo Mod plugin for the 737 airliner, Xlua plugin required for zibo mod, zhsi plugin required for glass (pfd, nd, mfd) screens, FDStoXP plugin required for the hardware/software interface.
Tried going from 4K to 2K, problem isn't frame rates, my rates are locked at 30fps and they don't dip... but I do see flickers.
vsync needs to be on or the stutter / flicker issue gets worse. If I uncheck vsync my frames jump into the mid forties, but the stutters/flickers get worse.

MS2020 - I have to run two computers for the flight deck - One computer runs everything except the two CDU screens, they are on a second computer. 
I run PMDG 737-800 airliner, Device Interface Manager hardware/software interface, glass screens popped out of PMDG. There is more of a demand on this setup and yet it performs so much better.

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL
  • Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

46 minutes ago, GoranM said:

This is a low blow.  Apart from you, do you know how many people I have seen asking for a better/fixed networking solution?  None.  It wasn't a priority for them.  They had other things to take care of, that were far higher in priority than networking fixes.

Blowing leaves and cricket sounds?  Please don't assume things you know little to nothing about.  

I've spent some time in multi million dollar simulators so I wouldn't say I know little to nothing! They don't care about blowing leaves and cricket sounds, fact. Please don't assume I'm making this up.

Just now, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

I've spent some time in multi million dollar simulators so I wouldn't say I know little to nothing! They don't care about blowing leaves and cricket sounds, fact. Please don't assume I'm making this up.

Knowing about multi million dollar sims, and knowing what goes into coding a consumer level sim, are 2 very different things. Sounds in X-Plane are handled by one person. And that person specializes in sounds. The networking you want fixed, is not handled by the sound person. 

2 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Knowing about multi million dollar sims, and knowing what goes into coding a consumer level sim, are 2 very different things. Sounds in X-Plane are handled by one person. And that person specializes in sounds. The networking you want fixed, is not handled by the sound person. 

I get that.... When they lost their network guy they should of went looking for a replacement, If I remember the blog timeline the new sound engineer came after the loss of the network guy and then we waited and waited and waited. But they are working on it, I see it last on the list, but at least it's on the list. 

50 minutes ago, GoranM said:

@Mike_CFII_MEL Here's an example.  And this is my plugin filled version of X-Plane, on an M1 Max MacBook Pro, with a 5K Retina screen.  

Default C172.  Pretty heavy cloud cover.  45 fps (as seen in the top left).

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/n68cmpo4ucqsrdlwnw7l0/Screenshot-2023-12-30-at-2.11.41-pm.png?rlkey=6h3bxxiiia0ur2dr2tcnmggc5&dl=0

And my settings.  

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4pvska27f7r1zt2bu9n1b/Screenshot-2023-12-30-at-2.11.54-pm.png?rlkey=oezw8b37acfr4mb7wb3yz2nrv&dl=0

If I turn my settings down to what you have, I would easily get double, if not more, fps.

So, if you're getting stutters on your beast of a machine, there must be something going on that you haven't picked up on.

You can see his setup on line, he had youtube channel

2 hours ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

they should of went looking for a replacement

Nope. They shouldn't have. Eye candy wins the hiring postings war.

Also you're using a very different english dictionary than other educated folks. You have indeed declared XP is failing and that you do indeed get "ticked off". This huffing and puffing about network performance et al. is now repeating. You know full well you're screaming into a hurricane.

Why are you doing this to yourself? PMDG is your new master. Go to him. Go to Randazzo.

• Like 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

2 hours ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

I get that.... When they lost their network guy they should of went looking for a replacement, If I remember the blog timeline the new sound engineer came after the loss of the network guy and then we waited and waited and waited. But they are working on it, I see it last on the list, but at least it's on the list. 

If you have youtube video, you can post, than Goran can see setup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

If you have youtube video, you can post, than Goran can see setup.

Blog timeline, don't think it's on video.

55 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

PMDG is your new master. Go to him. Go to Randazzo.

Ooooh, saucer of milk, table 3😅

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

10 hours ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Only started having issues when L/R decided to try and fix some of the issues they were having with the AMD side of things, that introduced the stutters/flickers and it's "NEVER" been the same! As far as XP not being the biggest and badest base platform out there, I could care less. Same holds true for developers, I fly the zibo mod in my hardware flight deck... as stated earlier I don't find anything being developed now-a-days things I would purchase.

Biggest thing that ticks me off about L/R and XPlane,  "N E T W O R K I N G". It's horrendous and unacceptable in any type of professional flight simulator setup! 

You forgot my main question: why don‘t you switch to another sim you already own if it runs better? 😉

Edited by Franz007

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM