Sign in to follow this  
hollow1slo

iniBuilds A350

5 hours ago, B777ER said:

Oh, so you’ve seen the final product? Because clearly you’ve stated something as fact in how you worded this. Or are you just mashing on the keyboard just plum full of hubris?

None of what he said is stated as a fact. People may not like his opinion or agree but there is no need for the hostility.

I do wonder how iniBuilds got that documentation, but it's certainly a good sign that not every new aircraft will be off limits in the sims in terms of high fidelity simulation.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

So at some point in the next several years, MSFS may have two decent fidelity A380s: one from iniBuilds, and one from FBW. That's amazing, given that there is no decent fidelity A380 on any other home market flight sim right now.  

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

As far as I'm concerned: until it's in the hand of simmers, to me, it's just vapor ware. 

Lots of talk talk talk. 

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

As far as I'm concerned: until it's in the hand of simmers, to me, it's just vapor ware. 

Lots of talk talk talk. 

I disagree with this. I attach the word vapourware to people / companies who announce a product then disappear never to be seen again. Inibuilds have released a few products so far so I have full confidence they will release an a350 since they announced it. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Just to temper the genuine excitement for these projects...

Don't forget their A320Neo had to be pulled due to its unreliability in the beta.  I couldn't get a flight out of it.  
Maybe MS / Asobo pushed them too hard to get it in SU14?  I don't know.  But it is now still a few months away, and there is no guarantee it will be ready for SU15.   So it shows these projects aren't easy.

The time it takes to develop these projects successfully, we may well see MSFS2024 before we see the release of the A350 or the A380.

Anyway.  The A300-600R is coming soon, and I am just as interested to see the Just flight A300-B4 version as well.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Don't forget their A320Neo had to be pulled due to its unreliability in the beta.  I couldn't get a flight out of it.  
Maybe MS / Asobo pushed them too hard to get it in SU14?  I don't know.  But it is now still a few months away, and there is no guarantee it will be ready for SU15.   So it shows these projects aren't easy.

The time it takes to develop these projects successfully, we may well see MSFS2024 before we see the release of the A350 or the A380.

Anyway.  The A300-600R is coming soon, and I am just as interested to see the Just flight A300-B4 version as well.

I’m also keen to see the Justflight a300 as they have set the bar very high. And the screen shots so far look extremely good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

MS/Asobo have said it's coming in SU15 (yes that's just a stated intention by MS), and ini have been saying on their discord they're not doing any fixing/work on it as the problem was specific to XBox and crashing it under certain circumstances (so presumably it's an XBox related issue that MS/Asobo are fixing themselves either in A320neo code and/or XB). Whatever major PC related issues with it are likely already done (and would've been done in time for SU14 too probably if not for the XBox issue).

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I'm a sceptical person in general and in this I'm especially sceptical.

1. Inibuilds aircraft projects in MSFS 2020 have so far been subpar, though that might change with their A300 as the first non-commisioned project, so I'm curious to see.
  2. Also the modern Airbus are quite different and certainly more complex than the A300/310/Beluga stuff they've done yet, I think this shows in the issues with their A320Neo so far.
  3. The A350 is probably the most complex and least "accessible" aircraft (documentation-wise) anyone could choose.
  4. They stated they've started development a couple of months ago and plan to release in 2024. Also they have their hands full for now with the A320Neo and the A300 and it's promised expansions. Doing an A350 to any decent degree of depth in ~18 months is doubtful, let alone while doing other things in the meantime.
  5. They are publicly asking for experienced A350 personel, yet stating they have many inside infos and A350 type rated team members. <12 months before the release. I don't know, that sounds weird.

But since no one else is even thinking about doing a A350, I guess let's give them a shot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'm a sceptical person in general and in this I'm especially sceptical.

1. Inibuilds aircraft projects in MSFS 2020 have so far been subpar, though that might change with their A300 as the first non-commisioned project, so I'm curious to see.

4. They stated they've started development a couple of months ago and plan to release in 2024. Also they have their hands full for now with the A320Neo and the A300 and it's promised expansions. Doing an A350 to any decent degree of depth in ~18 months is doubtful, let alone while doing other things in the meantime.

5. They are publicly asking for experienced A350 personel, yet stating they have many inside infos and A350 type rated team members. <12 months before the release. I don't know, that sounds weird.

Ya I'm also interested about these above .. they said on discord yesterday "there's plenty of documentation available", wondering if it's also accessible to everyone or only certain folks with special access to Airbus. Wondering if DFD was also using these docs. Yup and the request in their announcement about 350 type rated pilots vs what they said on discord also doesn't mesh, although I'm assuming by "team members" they mean type rated pilots already working with them when they said "plenty of inibuilds team members who are rated on type". Also seems to be the case they've got a large team and multiple subset of those working on different aspects of the aircraft, so who knows.. we shall see when they reveal more tangible previews I guess.

And yes I'm also waiting to see what the A300's fidelity will be as that's going to be the first true example of what they're capable of on the MSFS platform (and they also keep saying the A300 will give an idea of what the A350 and A380 fidelity will be). We'll find out next week.

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Also don't forget it was pulled due to crashes on the Xbox platform, not PC, which as we can see from the just released navigraph survey, hardly anyone who did the survey actually use Xbox. iniBuilds made that plane for MS/Asobo too release, they are making the A350 for themselves to release and thus have much more control. 

• Like 1

Eric 

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

Ya I'm also interested about these above .. they said on discord yesterday "there's plenty of documentation available", wondering if it's also accessible to everyone or only certain folks with special access to Airbus.

To build a modern airliner you need access to a lot of documentation that you really aren't supposed to have. I can't really blame them not elaborating on that point.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Another image from the discord

CDN media

My god.  My airline has the 350. I hope they do it justice.

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

Commercially, I don't understand the A380.   If FBW release their's why would anyone spend on a payware version.  Inibuilds are prolific with output lately, but their quality is not Fenix/PMDG-like with regards aircraft.  Loving their sceneries though and looking forward to the A300

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Commercially, I don't understand the A380.   If FBW release their's why would anyone spend on a payware version.

Because they're probably aiming to make it better than the freeware option. That's always been the case with flight sim.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chapstick said:

Because they're probably aiming to make it better than the freeware option. That's always been the case with flight sim.

Plus Xbox and a thought that they can beat FBW to market.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU