Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Flysimware Learjet 35A Early Access RELEASED!

Please report back and let know your impressions. I am interested, but really want to know more before purchasing. I own the 414 and it is an excellent aircraft -- but missing failures/maintenance and this has become an important aspect of an aircraft for me -- but I do not want to wait through a year of updates for it to reach a finished state; I would rather just wait and focus on the other aircraft I have and pick it up when it is done.

• Like 1

Dan Scott

18 minutes ago, Cognita said:

Please report back and let know your impressions. I am interested, but really want to know more before purchasing. I own the 414 and it is an excellent aircraft -- but missing failures/maintenance and this has become an important aspect of an aircraft for me -- but I do not want to wait through a year of updates for it to reach a finished state; I would rather just wait and focus on the other aircraft I have and pick it up when it is done.

I don't think it is getting failures, sure Mark (FSW) said it was complicated enough that without 2 pilots you're not going to manage failures...

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I absolutely love it. Currently there are problem with TDS NXI so I'm using stock GPS. Even in early stage it's pretty much flyable. Steep learning curve though!

image.png?ex=659c5804&is=6589e304&hm=85c

• Like 5

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Have they improved the VC modeling since their P3D release? I considered it lackluster with several flat (non 3D) instruments and the detail compared to the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 was not up to par. 

• Like 3

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

7 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Have they improved the VC modeling since their P3D release? I considered it lackluster with several flat (non 3D) instruments and the detail compared to the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 was not up to par. 

Its still looking sub par compared to current standards by the screenshots and videos I've seen. However I think the 414 started in a similar way and they got it looking quite nice later on from what I recall. 

• Upvote 1

reverse thrust is inop for me, not sure why.  there are other items that a need bit of polishing which were outlined in discord.  

Operator error, forgot to arm the reversers.  

Edited by kdfw__

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Just purchased. Real life type rated LR-JET pilot with a bunch of 35A hours. Will give impression after some flights.

Fun thing about Learjet's, first thing you do after rotation is gear up and pull back the power or your busting 200kts quickly and 250 not shortly thereafter.

I wonder if they modeled the drag chute 😉

And, do the brakes squeak a little during taxi...

Edited by Khashoggi

Has anybody else noticed the pilot figures sit extremely high in the 3D model? It looks like their eye level is actually above the windshield. 

Edited by Arklight1

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

spacer.png

I would say it is much improved, although I never had an issue with the p3d version - whilst I'd agree of those two the Xtreme Prototypes LJ25 looked nicer, it's systems weren't up to the level of the FSW version.

G

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

10 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

spacer.png

I would say it is much improved, although I never had an issue with the p3d version - whilst I'd agree of those two the Xtreme Prototypes LJ25 looked nicer, it's systems weren't up to the level of the FSW version.

G

Looks better! Xtreme Prototypes has been cagey about when they're likely to release their Lear25 for MSFS, so this one might be in my future.

Edited by odourboy

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I did a closeup spread at the screenshot forum in case anyone want's a closer look or if anyone's on the fence

• Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

so few items that hit me with this initial release:

1) reverse thrust: when trying to engage without arming it, throttle behavior is full firewall.

2) some gauges are essentially 2D, no depth.  the electrics gauges up front and trim gauges in between are like that and some are blurry and washed out.

3) nice old style rotating beacon implemented but fx light does not respect 3D solid objects and shines right through at night.  they need to narrow the beam height so the beam does not cut through the fuselage and wings at night.  this effect is baked into the 3D model so cannot mod fix.

4)  don't know why we have a GTN750 and a bad radar implementation, should be 2x GTN750s like on the 414.

5) some weird texture used under the glareshield with flat round patterns, it's right in front of my viewpoint and does not look convincing.

6) cameras.cfg needs to be fixed but minor.

purchased based on the very nice 414 model so somewhat disappointed with this initial build.

agree that the model looks great and looking forward to fixes and good repaints.

• Like 2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guys, just an FYI...The cockpit textures are NOT final. The team will be adding some more wear & tear to the panel in future updates.

A few KNOWN bugs:

- TDS GTN 750 is broken due to the SU14 update. This includes the ALT hold mode and arming the NAV for VOR or ILS approach.
-WT GNS530 will not arm a VOR. ILS is ok. This is also due to the SU14 update.

Please come over to the FSW Discord to stay up to date with the latest updates and information!

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

I love the 414 and will certainly be buying this.....when it's finished.

• Upvote 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2