Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Flysimware Learjet 35A Early Access RELEASED!

Man!  For it to look this good and to have such excitement behind it this early, seems unquestionable that it has the potential to go beyond the C414, which is saying quite a lot!

I'm no RL pilot guy or corporate bizjet guy - sometimes I wonder if I'm even still a fixed-wing guy - but will be buying this when I get home tonight just so I can celebrate the milestone of how far we've come since I was regularly beating up Miegs field or KSEA with the blue and white wireframe Learjet in FS4 back in the 80's!!!!

Heck the only "downside" I see of getting in early on this will be keeping up with the frequent and numerous updates such as occured with the 414 - but I learned that's a great problem to have and to just update only when I felt the urge to without feeling obligated to react to each and every email about a new version being available.  Great stuff.

• Like 5

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

1 hour ago, Gazzareth said:

Great stuff, 3 useful pieces of info to get you started:

1/ Steer lock button is on the pedestal, if the green light on annunciation is off, so is your nose wheel steering.

2/ Once you're up and clean pull the throttle back a lot.

3/ Pitch hold is your friend, ie AP ON and no other vertical mode selected (you can arm alt hold though). Pitch hold adjusted by switch on left side of the yoke. According to the RW pilots on Discord IAS mode can make for an uncomfortable ride and they don't use VS mode.

Enjoy,

G

Thanks! Somehow i managed to perform my first flight from northern Germany down to Italy. Alarms went off, horns blew up but overall a fun experience. But one thing really bothered me: the localizer capturing was a mess. We Zig Zagged all the way down and it got worse the closer we got to the threshold. Thats a pretty big no no for me. 

And i have to say i am not a big fan of the GTN. Screen is too small and very limited in function (free version).

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

1 hour ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Thanks! Somehow i managed to perform my first flight from northern Germany down to Italy. Alarms went off, horns blew up but overall a fun experience. But one thing really bothered me: the localizer capturing was a mess. We Zig Zagged all the way down and it got worse the closer we got to the threshold. Thats a pretty big no no for me. 

And i have to say i am not a big fan of the GTN. Screen is too small and very limited in function (free version).

I didn't have any noticable zig zagging, but I typically hand fly from about 1500ft agl, and both the approaches I've done were straight, way before I switched to the localiser.

Agree on the GTN, actually I'd rather have two, than one and the radar. There's good reasons for either the PMS or TDS, but that's a whole other debate (there's a thread about it). I've got PMS, but can see the argument for the other.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

TwoToneMurphy is showing off the Lear right now if anyone is interested!

https://www.twitch.tv/twotonemurphy

• Like 1

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

I LIKE IT!!!!!!

This thing is a HOOT. No checklist, no manual, makes it even more rewarding to spend time looking around and figuring out how to fire the old gal up from cold & dark.  Got all the warning lights off except for Takeoff Trim which went out all by itself somewhere along the way.  Didn't worry about much else for the first familiarization flight.  Taking it around the pattern at Meigs was wonderful, I love the way it flies, so smooth.  It's gonna be great going places with this gal.

Fortunately the thrust reversers worked on the standard  mapping and although it wasn't my best landing (was too focused on pausing and getting some screenies) but I'll take it, and once I get the spoilers and drag chute mapped (assuming it's functional) this is going to be a total gas!

Yeah she's not perfect yet but it'll be a pleasure to watch her mature and be along for the ride.  Well done, FSW!!!!

All I need now is to get my drool cup emptied out and ready for when @ryanbatc gets some repaints ready to rip 😉 

1NnzKgg.jpg

9ek7q63.png

DZDQTXw.png

JTeBjo3.png

Full set of groovy screenies here

Edited by Stoopy
Add link to screenie forum post
  • Like 5

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

New beta posted;

Learjet 35A V1.0.1 =================

Updates:

1. Fixed engine fan blade visibility timing between speeds.

2. Fixed the visuals for the animated door on the GTN 750 model and fixed the tablet door switch.

3. Fixed the RMI VOR/ADF needle animation as it was not an accurate direction.

4. Fixed the Co-pilot HSI diamond center line was not matching the pilot side.

5. Jet engine volume sound was increased, trim and N1/N2 clackers volume sounds was lowered.

6. Fixed the sound loop issue for the annunciator test switch.

7. Pilot camera position sits higher now.

8. N145AJ has the tip tank livery wrong orientation.

9. Fixed GPU sitting too low due to the suspension being lowered.

10. Fixed the autopilot bank and pitch flight director animation scale. (This also effected the Go-Around mode. See note below)

11. Fixed the beacon light effect from showing on the opposite side of the wing and stab surface and the windshield heater vent.

12. Fixed GPU sitting too low due to the suspension being lowered.

13. Fixed the Altitude hold for the TDS GTN 750.

Features:

1. New engine fan textures.

2. Added disable options for the tablet configuration page to disable trim or N1/N2 clacker sounds.

3. The flood light is now a true white bulb with more intensity.

4. The yokes now have ambient light effect based on the left, right and pedestal EL lights.

5. The throttle qaudrant textures were updated with new detail.

Note: The Go-Around is not supported from the WT530 or the PMS50 GTN750. This only effects the 9 degree flight director pitch up. All other mode changes will still work. So just pitch up 9 degrees and use the pitch sync button on the yoke. Note: Exterior and interior textures are getting updated over the next 3 to 4 weeks. So please be patient. Also no need to report issue. We have an in house beta team. Once we do an official release bug reporting will open. =================

• Like 5

Steve Weeks

Quick flight from LSGG - LFMN this morning, getting the hang of flying her again, all painted by the VA as well.....

spacer.png

.... 10 days out of 10 I'd say I prefer a modern glass cockpit, but there is something about this aircraft that makes me want to fly it.....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I allways liked the Learjet, it reminds me of my early days of flightsimming with FS95 / FS98. And the idea of having your own private jet is a nice fantasy…..

• Like 1

Great couple of flilghts.  Absolutely loving the Lear (although I am now even more desperate for them to do the FA50 😀).

Couple of observations:

I wish that all developers would stick to default bindings as much as possible, especially for the FD/Autopilot.  Things like the speed bug and the altitude selector, would be great if you could just plug and play with your peripherals (I use the honeycomb bravo with Axis and Ohs).

Also, why is there still  a sound humming away when the aircraft has been completely turned off  (like some sort of power source still humming?).

But, I have to say, I absolutely love this jet.  Flies beautifully (a really stable flight model, like the 414, none of this usual MSFS pitch twichiness).

beta.gif

11 minutes ago, NeilC said:

a really stable flight model, like the 414, none of this usual MSFS pitch twichiness

So pleased to read that. My absolute number one grumble about this sim and many aircraft....... ludicrous pitch control. Worst offender in my hanger? FSR500. The settings and curves I have had to put in to get that flyable is bonkers. I have had to elimininate almost all travel with an extremity dead-zone AND put in "sensitivity" curves and it's still comically twitchy. And even with that I still find it such and unpleasant pitch control experience that it's parked in the hanger until it's made sensible.

Can anyone tell me if the aileron axis on this Lear is actually linear unlike the asobo default and many other payware aircraft? Few deveopers seem to fix this incorrect behaviour. The 414 had the problem as well and then one day I raised the issue with the developer who after taking the time to understand what I was saying and being such a clever chap he quickly found a solution and fixed it so that it was actually linear. Given this is the same developer I suspect that it is already correct or if not yet then will be corrected. I don't quite remember what he said it was but it was something along the lines of there being a hidden or misnamed control in the sim that should be used. I've utterly butchered the truth of that, I'm certain, but I wish more developers knew of it and fixed it. The only aircraft I own that has the correct linear behaviour in this regard are the Flysimware 414, PMDG 737 and the A2A Comanche. I have never checked the fenix but wouldn't be surprised if that did.

The fact that the controls of the sim are set up in this non-linear fashion by default is beyond absurd to me. If the intention was that it was designed so that people with controllers can have more control due to limited movement of the sticks then fine but those of us with actual yokes and joysticks shouldn't have to put up with this nonsense and there should be a control selection that removes this linearity curve for the user. We shouldn't have to rely on developers stumbling on the secret of how to fix this or users nagging developers to find the fix.

• Like 2

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Ok...I bought it...have flown it twice (successful both times including landing).

Textures are similar to the 414.

Overall experience is like flying s jet powered 1970s electro-mechanical pinball machine (cool!).

Now....HOW on earth do I engage the autopilot to hold heading and altitude?

I’ve tried every combination of console arming up top and buttons above.

Help would be appreciated.

And RyanBATC your repaint is fantastic, hope more are on the way...thank you!

Steve

NEVER MIND - I found the “ENG” button in the center of the upper “AFCS” had to pushed. 🙂

Edited by Republic DC9
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Stoopy said:

I LIKE IT!!!!!!

This thing is a HOOT. No checklist, no manual, makes it even more rewarding to spend time looking around and figuring out how to fire the old gal up from cold & dark.  Got all the warning lights off except for Takeoff Trim which went out all by itself somewhere along the way.  Didn't worry about much else for the first familiarization flight.  Taking it around the pattern at Meigs was wonderful, I love the way it flies, so smooth.  It's gonna be great going places with this gal.

Fortunately the thrust reversers worked on the standard  mapping and although it wasn't my best landing (was too focused on pausing and getting some screenies) but I'll take it, and once I get the spoilers and drag chute mapped (assuming it's functional) this is going to be a total gas!

Yeah she's not perfect yet but it'll be a pleasure to watch her mature and be along for the ride.  Well done, FSW!!!!

All I need now is to get my drool cup emptied out and ready for when @ryanbatc gets some repaints ready to rip 😉 

Full set of groovy screenies here

I already made one actually

However I'd recommend holding off downloading it...they just revised some textures with their latest aircraft update...now I need to fix my paint

https://flightsim.to/file/66331/n108jn-for-fsw-learjet-35

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, Republic DC9 said:

Now....HOW on earth do I engage the autopilot to hold heading and altitude?

Just got it myself and did a short inaugural around ESNU. Man, I love it! Really nice to hand fly. 

Regarding the A/P there is a switch to the left in the cockpit (A/P master or something to that effect). Might that be it? I then used the A/P  to keep an alt of 5k feet during the circuit. Worked perfectly fine. 

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

4 hours ago, NeilC said:

I wish that all developers would stick to default bindings as much as possible, especially for the FD/Autopilot.

From discussions with Mark (FSW developer) I know he is making every effort  to facilitate the use of standard control bindings. He is very sensitive to that issue. But default bindings are just not always possible in the interest of realism and/or sim limitations.  A simple example of this is the Lear's taxi - landing light switches. Each switch is a 3-way switch that controls both the taxi and landing light. There just is no comparable default binding. When default bindings are not possible, Mark strives to set things up so accessing a single Lvar (variable) with third party software is all that is necessary so using something like Spad.Next or FSUIPC7 is a easy as possible.

Edited by ark