Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Flysimware Learjet 35A Early Access RELEASED!

Does anyone know what those 2 external vent looking things are on the inside bottom of the windscreens of this aircraft? I have always wondered.

Edited by Jazz

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

2 hours ago, Jazz said:

Does anyone know what those 2 external vent looking things are on the inside bottom of the windscreens of this aircraft? I have always wondered.

windshield anti-ice.  Takes bleed air off the engines and blows it on the windshield.  Wild, eh?  On a citation I remember it being loud too. That sound feature would be an amazing add  on the Lear :)

1 minute ago, Sticky said:

windshield anti-ice.  Takes bleed air off the engines and blows it on the windshield.  Wild, eh?  On a citation I remember it being loud too. That sound feature would be an amazing add  on the Lear 🙂

Thank you, I did wonder if that's what it was but couldn't convince myself that method would really be a thing 😆

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

3 hours ago, Jazz said:

in the initial release version, the red beacon cuts through the model and these heater outlets flash red, super annoying at nights.  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

7 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

in the initial release version, the red beacon cuts through the model and these heater outlets flash red, super annoying at nights.  

These are the reasons I don't buy unfinished products.

• Like 1

"tested by real pilots". how about tested by real developers?

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

53 minutes ago, Jazz said:

These are the reasons I don't buy unfinished products.

based on their track record on the 414, they'll get it done. besides, it's not an expensive addon.

• Upvote 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

20 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

based on their track record on the 414, they'll get it done

Of course they will. Then it will be worthy of my money 😉

I'm a customer, not an investor.

Edited by Jazz
  • Like 1

Most software is 'unfinished'. Including MSFS.  Patches and updates regularly occur for addons I had previous thought to be finished. Updates for the 414 were so frequent however that it became a little tedious to keep reinstalling it so I'll wait a while for this one.  

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

3 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Most software is 'unfinished'

"Early access" is rather the definition of unfinished, though. Wouldn't you agree?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jazz said:

"Early access" is rather the definition of unfinished, though. Wouldn't you agree?

They have been open about it, yes. The SWS PC12 was arguably either early access or rushed, depending on how you look at it. I'd rather developers were honest from the start like this. 

• Upvote 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Just now, St Mawgan said:

The SWS PC12 was arguably either early access or rushed

From my very limited experience with it so far I'd agree that it does feel that way.

2 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

based on their track record on the 414, they'll get it done. besides, it's not an expensive addon.

I'd have to say, based on my first couple of flights, I have spent my hard earned cash on products that were far less useable (or buggy if you prefer) that were never patched.

I'm surprised that after the marathon they had to release by the 25th that the guys seem to have worked all Christmas day & Boxing day on patches (none of the issues seem to be show stoppers) and supporting people on Discord.

Based on the previous Lear, their C414, and their work ethic it will definitely get done. As is, their "Early Access" is better than some developers finished product. Would imagine a few patches over the next few weeks though, at the rate they are working on it!

G

• Like 4

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

17 hours ago, rick celik said:

Its still looking sub par compared to current standards by the screenshots and videos I've seen. However I think the 414 started in a similar way and they got it looking quite nice later on from what I recall. 

Everythihng that FSW made up until the 414 was textured in-house and I think it's safe to say that texture artistry was not their strongest point.  However from the 414, and certainly this model (as he referred to it in the development video) are textured by a commercial 3rd party that FSW contract out to.  

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Performance feels about right, a joy to fly. Sounds are pretty good, but some missing.

Need to fly some more and test various systems, especially fuel transfer to see how well they did modeling.

On a Lear, anyone having problems with ground taxi, there is a steer lock button on center pedestal you need to press to disable.