Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

PMDG Dev update 01/27/2024 More 777 Previews

40 minutes ago, Jazz said:

I have never ever seen a Captain ever fly from the right seat of anything but a helicopter. It's just not a thing. However, it is fairly common for larger aircraft to have tillers on both sides of the aircraft.

Captains do fly from the right hand seat at times. Especially if they don't have enough first officers or are training a new captain.

1 hour ago, carlanthony24 said:

Captains do fly from the right hand seat at times. Especially if they don't have enough first officers or are training a new captain.

If it’s not OE and it’s for staffing, the person in the right seat is not the PIC. Therefore, they aren’t the captain. However I know what you’re saying though, the airline would use captains to staff flights as the legal FO.

Edited by ahsmatt7
  • Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

The B777 has a tiller on both sides and certainly at the airline my friend used to work for (a sandy one in the gulf with a lot of A380s) the FO would taxi and park it when it was his sector. 

The images look good, but we’ve seen it before - twice. PMDG make dependable and solid products but they definitely aren’t in the innovation game any longer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ahsmatt7 said:

If it’s not OE and it’s for staffing, the person in the right seat is not the PIC. Therefore, they aren’t the captain. However I know what you’re saying though, the airline would use captains to staff flights as the legal FO.

Of course that is what I am getting at. 

1 hour ago, ahsmatt7 said:

What if you instructor training captain? You suppose to be PIC just like CFI at the right seat.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

What if you instructor training captain? You suppose to be PIC just like CFI at the right seat.

Yes. I mentioned that with my comment about doing OE. If you are giving OE, you are the legal PIC no matter what seat you’re in.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

8 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

This is not what you mean. This from my favorite aircraft in the sim btw. Fast Foward to 3 min mark. Current airliner so the same.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say to be honest, buddy.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

8 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

Must we caveat everything or isn't the obvious just plain obvious?

• Like 3

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Yes larger aircraft tend to have tillers both sides ,it used to be the case that anyone flying as a first officer in a large aircraft was a grown up with plenty of experience, most likely command experience, on smaller aircraft…..nowadays as the industry gets more and more desperate for pilots they’d probably give my dog a job.

Normal line captains only fly from the left, there’s a separate right hand seat check and training required to fly from the right and this is normally used by training captains training up new captains for example.

Again as airlines are short of crews I have heard rumours of captains being right hand seat trained to give airlines greater manning flexibility when required.

Nice looking 777 though. Looking forward to its release.

• Like 5

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

12 hours ago, polosim said:

It was opened in previous versions of P3D and FSX, so it should be opened in this new version, I presume.

Do they?  I can’t remember being able to open it. And I know their  737 doesn’t open. 

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

15 minutes ago, micstatic said:

can’t remember being able to open it.

My apologies, you’re right about this. Somehow I remembered that if it was possible

• Like 1

Screenshots are bread crums.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

For anyone who has hopes the 777 will release with a new LNAV... let's say probably not.

Truly astounding customer interaction here.

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

There are two sides to every story, and obviously for space reasons, we haven't seen the full interaction over time here.

So, my view is that's just the normal human interactions you see when you have a difference of opinion. 
We all like to see developers take suggestions on board gracefully (Sherv from BBS did so recently), but when potential customers become persistently demanding for features the developer doesn't intend to include, you have to politely tell them that this product is maybe not for them. 

Some people think they are entitled to go onto the forums and belittle the developers with their rudeness, and that the developers have to act completely polite with their responses after this, but everyone has their limit, when it is time to say, "you know what, don't buy our product then, what are you even here for?".

This is a completely different situation to buying a product that is full of bugs on release, or not as advertised.  Then of course, I can understand that the paying customer has a right to be a bit more direct in their criticisms if it looks like the issues aren't being attended to, but at this stage, the product isn't even out, and if it doesn't suit you, simply don't buy it! 

I also see a lot of criticism of PMDG here, when for me, they have delivered the best B737 we have ever had in a flight sim.  Not perfect I know (what is?), but a lot of people get immense enjoyment out of it (I certainly do).

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Unfortunately, this "I want it all and I want it now" attitude is becoming almost normal online. That is what is embarrassing.

• Like 6

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png