Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

SU15 BETA available now!

6 hours ago, Greazer said:

Possible they could throw in some other features by March 12.  ie FSR 3.

Now that would extend the life of my 6800XT Nitro +, thus allowing me to save up for my next gen rig (maybe something like a 8800X3D and 5090) all for MSFS 2024. (I can dream).

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

5 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Where did you find this?

H:\FS2020\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-c172sp-as1000\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_C172sp_AS1000

it is obviously only in the G1000, see my post above.

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

3 minutes ago, turbomax said:

H:\FS2020\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-c172sp-as1000\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_C172sp_AS1000

it is obviously only in the G1000, see my post above.

Thanks turbo, found it! Strange that it's only in the G1000. Btw I've only tested it in the G1000, and I couldn't really detect any changes - taxi, takeoff roll, landing roll. What's the in-sim difference? 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

56 minutes ago, JYW said:

For those wondering, I presume the new ground handling parameters in the Flightmodel.cfg are :-

ground_new_contact_model_rolling_stickyness = 0.5; default = 1.0
ground_new_contact_model_up_to_speed_lateral = 1000.0 ; default = 0.1
ground_new_contact_model_up_to_speed_longitudinal = 1000.0 ; default = 1.0
ground_new_contact_model_gear_flex = 0.005 ; default = 0.0
ground_new_contact_model_gear_flex_damping = 5 ; default = 0.0
enable_high_accuracy_integration = 1; default = 0

About to try experimentally transplanting these to another aircraft, to see the result. 😎

Transplanting will be an interesting test so do let us know 🙂  I figure aircraft devs are going to need a bit of time to mull these over, and in addition to coming up with values best for their aircraft they might also probably need to "undo" or change specific handling they already put into their existing FMs to work with the old ground handling in the sim.

I see that Raul (FSReborn) has already asked for the SDK doc updates for these 🙂 https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/missing-documentation-regarding-ground-contact-improvements/8211 ... As Matt said the SDK beta docs drop a few days after the initial beta release, so hopefully soon.

Initial reports on the official forums:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ground-contact-resolution-improvements/630251
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-fix-the-ground-physics-friction-inertia-etc/455009/192 (old bug filing)

• Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

15 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

and I couldn't really detect any changes - taxi, takeoff roll, landing roll. What's the in-sim difference? 

same here. may have to record a video in spot view, perhaps with hard landing/high vertical speed and see if we can observe some gear flex.

you were expecting something like this?

or your landings are simply too soft. 😀 

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

on the subject of frame times, reduced stutters and how SU15beta has progressed from last may 2023:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/universal-repeatable-msfs-2020-benchmark/586159/6

spacer.png

and here SU15 beta, courtesy CaptPiett research labs:

spacer.png

no more questions, your Honour!

very nice.

Good God! They've nearly nailed it for me! Stutters and pauses almost eliminated to the point where I don't care. The sims looking and performing like a dream! Nice rainbow EGGD to EGPH in the Fenix. I'm so glad that I chose MS2020  over the alternatives.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, MattNischan said:

They definitely are included and working. I would try with an empty community folder, it's possible something is overwriting some wiring.

Thanks Matt.

I activated the VL-3's autopilot by changing the Autopilot=0 to 1.   Then activated the AP in flight.  The AP worked (with all standard commands) but there was no FMAs on the G3X.

I'll have a go in the NX Cub and report back 👍

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

"About to try experimentally transplanting these to another aircraft, to see the result. 😎"

I applied the new ground contact parameters to the SWS Zenith 701 STOL (as it's a plane I fly a lot and am well adjusted to it's ground handling).   I can confirm there were definite improvements with all aspects of ground handling, as well as a lot more bobbing of the nose on taxi. 😄

How awesome is this update!

• Like 6

Bill

Question for those seeing performance/stutter improvements; do you see the same with GA planes without screens and/or steam gauges? 

What about those with the G1000 like the caravan?(Presuming the WT improvements in this area include all Garmin screens).

Thanks

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Hi @MattNischan      [EDIT: Problem identified and SOLVED! - see 2 posts down]

I've tested again and definitely no AP Flight Mode Annunciations appearing on the G3X. (Completely empty Community folder).

Here are 2 screenies.  In the first I'm using full screen mode on the G3X, and in the second, I'm using half screen.

In both pics, the AP is activated and operating normally (it's in HDG and FLC in the first pic, and HDG and ALT in the second), but no FMAs. 

11111.jpg

2222222.jpg

Perhaps there are other config dependencies needed within the G3X that need to be activated for AP?  (The VL-3 not natively having an AP in MSFS).

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

@MattNischan

.......but the AP FMAs are present in the NXCub!  😎😎

3333333333333333333333.jpg

I wonder what's making them appear in the NXCub but not in the VL-3.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

Sorry for all the posts @MattNischan , but I think I found the problem!!!

The <autopilot/> flag highlighted below is present in the panel.xml file for the NXCub, but not in the VL-3. 😎

I've added it to the VL-3 and about to test!

4444444444444.png

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

IT WORKED !!!!!

5555555555555.png

Adding the <Autopilot/> flag to the panel.xml of the VL-3 activated the AP's FMAs on the G3X. 😎

(Anyone else wanting to make this mod will also have to activate the AP and FD in the systems.cfg).

I'm literally the happiest man alive!

Edited by JYW
  • Like 5

Bill

The most interesting improvement for me in the SU15 beta is the ground handling.  I'm hoping takeoff behavior is improved.  

I tried out two of my favorite tail draggers before and after SU15.  Those are the Beech 18 (with the Denarq mod) and the DC-3 (with the Duckworks mod).  I made no changes to flightmodel.cfg.   The test was with a 10 knot direct crosswind - no gusts.

Behavior before SU15:  As soon as the tail comes up the airplane makes an abrupt turn into the wind and starts heading for the grass.  Only immediate strong rudder would keep me on the runway, but then it would veer in the opposite direction.  Although I could find a spot on the rudder to keep it on the runway it was extremely hard to prevent crazy zigzagging until I could lift off.  True for both aircraft.  This is after much practice and adjusting rudder sensitivity. 

After SU15:  As soon as the tail comes up the plane starts turning into the wind but no longer is it so fast or abrupt.  I can apply much less rudder to keep near the centerline.  It's now possible on the B18 and the DC3 to keep reasonably straight on the runway with a crosswind.  It's not easy, but it shouldn't be.  Previously, it was all I could do veering back and forth to keep it on the pavement.  The difference is very noticeable for me.

I was only interested in seeing if the poor takeoff behavior was fixed. I did not test any of the other claimed improvements.  Taxi behavior didn't seem to change as far as I could tell.  I've read that some of the changes only apply to those aircraft that have the new parameters applied - that may be true for many of the ground handling improvements, but crosswind takeoff with taildraggers seems to be better without any mods to the files.

I'm interested in other's experiences.  Next I'll try inserting the new parameters and see what changes.   Particularly on the C310.  We'll update it after SU15 is released if these help a lot.

Dutch

• Like 9

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.