Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

5 minutes ago, MadDog said:

You may experience a loss of your custom camera views in FenixSim on the occasion you update the program. In this article we provide the correct file path for your custom camera views.

Your custom camera configuration file will be held in the location below.

C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects\Airplanes\Fenixsim_A320DEV\camera.CFG

You will need to copy this file to the following location

C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects\Airplanes\FNX320

This will return your custom camera views. You will need to restart the program in order for this change to take effect.

Your post looks like the old KB before B2 as the new version makes separate folders now for the IAE and CFM. 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

So far absolutely amazing!  Ground taxi and braking much better.  Hand flying the T/O much better.  Didn't have to adjust any settings so far on the stick and what not.  Climbing to cruise now from NZAA to NZQN.  Can't wait to try out the landing.  🙂 Only issue was the auto push back.  It didn't work, but may have been issue on my end because I think I recycled the jetways, not sure.  Will try on the turn and see how it goes.  All in all so far the team has done an amazing job!

• Like 5

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

You mean if you can simply transfer the data to the MCDU in real life? No. Manual. With crosschecking required.

Wrong. Airline dependent. Verification required.

• Like 2

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

3 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Your post looks like the old KB before B2 as the new version makes separate folders now for the IAE and CFM. 

Yup... I updated the response:

In the case of block 2, cameras.cfg will go from FNX320 to FNX_320_CFM and FNX_320_IAE....

• Like 2

Anyone notice that the ILS indicators on the PFD are not bright and filled in when you are on short final. The indicators are dark and empty.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, RockOla said:

So much things improved, but I'm enjoying playing a gif as EFB background 😅 Sorry devs, I promise I will enjoy all of the other features 😄

ezgif-1-11db8d56a7.gif

Lol. That's brilliant!😁

• Like 1

First flight out of EGLL to EGPF, just taken off no issues loving it so far!  GSX integration didn't work when I turned on the Beacon.  Its because I hadn't started the APU!  Nice touch, of course I've never pushed back on Ground Power before *cough cough*.

• Like 8

Thomas Derbyshire

I found this tidbit in the changelog:

• Added lvars for various hardware readouts (FCU, RMP, ADIRS, XPDR, QNH, Battery Voltage, and Rudder Trim)

This sounds to me as if at least some of the hardware support (in accordance with their new agreement with ProSim) has already made it into B2. Can anyone confirm this?

Doing a flight right now that I want to complete first, but after that I'll go searching around in the lvars. If this means FenixQuartz is no longer needed... that would be great!

Edit: Just found this in the Knowledge Base:

https://kb.fenixsim.com/example-of-how-to-use-lvars

Does anyone know if this is new or if it already existed before B2? It doesn't talk about outputs to the sim (e.g. the FCU displays) -- but in any case, I'll be doing some digging later on.

Edited by martinboehme

Just took up the UA bird from SFO to SEA.  Flies absolutely beautifully so far.  Been flying 737's and older airplanes recently so a bit taken by surprise by the automation the A320 series planes offer but otherwise everything is working out great. 

Amazing airplane.  So far this deserves airplane of the year if such a thing exist. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

that would be great!

indeed. away from my big screen so in case you find anything... let me know

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

did they remove the ability to link the pilot and co-pilot barometers or am I just blind.

7 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

did they remove the ability to link the pilot and co-pilot barometers or am I just blind.

It's still there, in the EFB settings -> controls (I think). Has to be enabled per livery. "L+R" is now the new name for linking pilots' baros (but not the standby baro).

• Like 1

First flight ruined because ATA34 - NAVIGATION FAILURE no autopilot after takeoff. I didn't activate any failures. Is there a way to keep away of them? 

Regards

Just now, Gumerson said:

First flight ruined because ATA34 - NAVIGATION FAILURE no autopilot after takeoff. I didn't activate any failures. Is there a way to keep away of them? 

Regards

There's a setting for random failure mean time in the MCDU, should be set to no failures by default though.
Are you sure you aligned IRS correctly?

Just now, Fiorentoni said:

There's a setting for random failure mean time in the MCDU, should be set to no failures by default though.
Are you sure you aligned IRS correctly?

Sure!
I installed B2 without uninstalling previous version. I had this trouble before. Failures was set to none. 

Thanks for your help

Richard