Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

Why oh why can I hear the GSX ground operation sounds whenever I am?

Because they are not playing in the sim, but in COATL. 

7 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I'm having some trouble / getting confused re: the GSX integration. Usually it works, but right now I just loaded aircraft (EFB=>GSX). I was spending some time on Avsim during the process, then when I returned to the aircraft, I found that all PAX and fuel were loaded, but no cargo. 

So, looking at the aircraft I can see that the cargo trucks (or whatever they're called) are in position, but the cargo doors are closed! And now they can't be opened from the EFB. Actually they open a tiny bit, but not fully - like they're being obstructed by the cargo trucks. See image below. 

Anyone else seen this? Also, should I set "auto door simulation" and "auto jetway simulation" in EFB-settings-controls when using GSX? It does make sense to do so, but like I mentioned initially - I'm confused...

XtvgWMB.jpeg

youtube is your friend, i hear you iam still trying to get my head around it  

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Posted (edited)

Redundant

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

So, looking at the aircraft I can see that the cargo trucks (or whatever they're called) are in position, but the cargo doors are closed! And now they can't be opened from the EFB. Actually they open a tiny bit, but not fully

I might have been a bit quick to blame GSX... Even without it active, the cargo doors won't open. Only a tiny bit, like I mentioned above. So - time to check Fenix knowledge base and Discord

EDIT: I'm so stupid - I had yet to connect to ground power... 😝

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Posted (edited)

There's lots of little things that they have programmed in there to keep the user from making stupid mistakes. Another example is the logic behing when the GSX integration will actually start the push back.

The APU needs to be running. If it isn't you can switch on the beacon until you are blue in the face, nothing will happen. Obvious reason: They will disconnect groundpower while preparing the pushback. If they do that and the APU is off, you are in for nasty surprise. So in order to avoid that from happening, they made the GSX integration dependant on the status of the APU.

Genius if you ask me.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 5

On 3/3/2024 at 2:38 PM, ffantasy67 said:

Hi Gents,

Anyone having this "server error" on EFB, Mass & balance =>loading aircraft (imported Simbrief flight), only working in "instant" (no server error)?

Solving?

Thanks,

Hi Gents,

Solved the above error following a tip on Fenix Discord chat: EFB doesn't like zero "freight cargo" coming from VAs imported flight on Simbrief. Editing some cargo Kg in Simbrief solves the error message returned by the EFB when loading aircraft.

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

11 hours ago, Farlis said:

There's lots of little things that they have programmed in there to keep the user from making stupid mistakes. Another example is the logic behing when the GSX integration will actually start the push back.

The APU needs to be running. If it isn't you can switch on the beacon until you are blue in the face, nothing will happen. Obvious reason: They will disconnect groundpower while preparing the pushback. If they do that and the APU is off, you are in for nasty surprise. So in order to avoid that from happening, they made the GSX integration dependant on the status of the APU.

Genius if you ask me.

So you cant actually simulate INOP APU scenario 🙂 

Roi Ben

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

So you cant actually simulate INOP APU scenario 🙂 

Well you can, but without GSX. And that's GSX' fault, because they don't allow engine starts on the stand by default. Same problem with any other aircraft.

EDIT: And yes I know, you can change this in the aircraft customisation on GSX, but I'd rather now mess with those.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 1

Ok so I got hit by the "spawn at the gate gear up" bug, at EPWA, then tried at another airfield, same. 

Restarted MSFS, problem gone.

spacer.png5800X3D, 64GB 3200 RAM, 7900 XT 20GB

Asobo needs to get in contact with the Fenix team, find out all of the SDK limitations that forced them to use external solutons for the engine modeling then do what needs to be done to update the SDK so that all of that can be done natively.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

17 hours ago, Farlis said:

Genius if you ask me.

I have to agree with you Farlis, it's quite clever. Just experienced this today: park brake on, beacon lights on BUT APU not started (didn't forget it, wanted to test what you mentioned). As soon as it was available, GSX started pushback. Still need to remember to set APU bleed though!

Posted (edited)
Il y a 6 heures, Fiorentoni a dit :

Eh bien, vous pouvez, mais sans GSX. Et c'est la faute de GSX, car ils n'autorisent pas par défaut les démarrages du moteur sur le stand. Même problème avec n'importe quel autre avion.

EDIT : Et oui, je sais, vous pouvez changer cela dans la personnalisation de l'avion sur GSX, mais je préfère maintenant jouer avec ceux-ci.

Hello,
This surprises me. I am connected to GSX, I remove the Jetway without pushback.
Then in MCDU > MCDU MENU > MAINT > GROUND SERVICE
I put ON Ground Power + Ground Air (ASU).
 I start engine No. 2 (without APU - NB: special procedure.) .
I withdraw Ground Power + Ground Air (ASU)
I ask GSX for pushback, it asks me nose to the right or left.
I validate a choice and the pushback is done without problem.

lSQYScH.png

Edited by Area

This autopilot disconnecting is starting to be annoying. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, polosim said:

Some tips that are worth trying to:

https://kb.fenixsim.com/autopilot-issues

Yeah, I did some of that, going to wait for them to fix it., hope that isn't too many months away, 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310