Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

Hey. We can cross-talk if we want to. Just keep in mind: we can throw you out of that virtual cockpit door that everyone is complaining about! 😀

Hey Helmet-boy I don't want to hear it.  You're not even in the SW universe, rather the Mel Brooks universe. 😉  One of his best movies I thought, and its a regular on my TV when I want to laugh.  I know every line, and his cameo role, next to Blazing Saddles, was one of his finest.  Of course, he was fantastic in History of the World.... "Its good to be the King"   Classic line!   But IMO, Young Frankenstein was his best work.

Edited by Steve Dra
Word change
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

enjoyed the series very much until we were Jar-Jar'd

All I have to say to this is:

9blgaUh.gif

In other words: I agree!

Trying to fill the time in a medium-haul flight in the A300 Fenix, I counted 32 posts in this thread referring to the PMDG door issue. That's 4% of the total posts. I have not counted the overall PMDG posts however (that'd be interesting to see!), nor have I counted the  "cross-talk" posts - but I'm fairly sure they're less than 32. Hence, we've still got a fair amount of miscellaneous chat to go before we use up the quota. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

11 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

enjoyed the series very much until we were Jar-Jar'd.

To keep this derailment going, shortly before Ep1 released I met Ahmed Best. He's a nice guy, and I was able to see how much of "him" as an actor was in Jar Jar.

It helped me with Jar Jar a lot.

• Upvote 3

Today I did some tests using the AutoFPS app and realized that the novel Fenix Block 2 sinks into the ground at FlyTampa's EHAM. Anyone else noticed this? I switched then to two other airports (EDDK and LSZH) and there, the plane did not sink into the ground. Also the AI planes from both FSLTL and AIG do not sink into the ground at EHAM and now I am puzzled how to address this...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

12 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Helmet-boy I don't want to hear it.  You're not even in the SW universe, rather the Mel Brooks universe. 😉  One of his best movies I thought, and its a regular on my TV when I want to laugh.  I know every line, and his cameo role, next to Blazing Saddles, was one of his finest.  Of course, he was fantastic in History of the World.... "Its good to be the King"   Classic line!   But IMO, Young Frankenstein was his best work.

Haha. Funny story about that. I used this Moranis reference before. It was one of those "What I think I look like when I ride my motorcycle (insert cool motorcycle and cool rider) and then What I actually look like when I ride my motorcycle (picture of Moranis playing with dolls). Hahaha.

HEY! The Fenix is working. Not sure what I did but I assume I need to use the adminstrator rights from now on.

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Today I did some tests using the AutoFPS app and realized that the novel Fenix Block 2 sinks into the ground at FlyTampa's EHAM. Anyone else noticed this? I switched then to two other airports (EDDK and LSZH) and there, the plane did not sink into the ground. Also the AI planes from both FSLTL and AIG do not sink into the ground at EHAM and now I am puzzled how to address this...

Some photos posted on their Discord page of the same thing. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Some photos posted on their Discord page of the same thing. 

Really, do you have a link? I checked their discord and did not find anything related to this issue...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

It's a known bug on some gates with jetways on some airports. Will be fixed on the next version IIRC.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Really, do you have a link? I checked their discord and did not find anything related to this issue...

It was a several  days ago, just scroll down the posts in Community Forum. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/1019659686674452550/threads/1215324977033904148

Does anybody think the idle thrust is too much, IAE ?

What i mean is as soon as brakes are released, the aircraft takes off without any thrust input and just builds up speed.

Constantly having to get on the brakes to bring it under control, and i don't mean lightly, i have to be aggressive with the brakes to slow the aircraft down.

Descent speed so far on two flights has me using speed-brakes a lot.

Just wanted to make sure if this is now the new norm or whether i have an isolated issue.

thanks.

Pan Pan Pan

32 minutes ago, pan pan pan said:

What i mean is as soon as brakes are released, the aircraft takes off without any thrust input and just builds up speed.

That's a trait of IAE powered airbus. I had a few A320 rated instructors during my private, and they all told me they simply let the plane pick up speed on straight taxiways and then firmly apply brakes, and again letting the speed build up... rinse and repeat.

Avoid "riding on the brakes".

• Like 3

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

1 minute ago, SAS443 said:

That's a trait of IAE powered airbus. I had a few A320 rated instructors during my private, and they all told me they simply let the plane pick up speed on straight taxiways and then firmly apply brakes, and again letting the speed build up... rinse and repeat.

Avoid "riding on the brakes".

Thanks for the reply.

Have you tried the CFM aircraft, is it the same ?

1 hour ago, pan pan pan said:

Have you tried the CFM aircraft, is it the same ?

No, the CFM has much less idle thrust.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pan pan pan said:

Does anybody think the idle thrust is too much, IAE ?

Constantly having to get on the brakes to bring it under control, and i don't mean lightly, i have to be aggressive with the brakes to slow the aircraft down.

Descent speed so far on two flights has me using speed-brakes a lot.

Just wanted to make sure if this is now the new norm or whether i have an isolated issue.

thanks.

Pan Pan Pan

A320 Sim Pilot addresed this in his stream. He mentioned that it was normal for this type of acceleration and that usually pilots would wait until the aircraft is up to around 30kts (on a straight taxiway obvs) and then they would use the brakes once to bring the speed back down to around 10kts, thus limiting the amount of times they use the brakes.

• Like 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz