Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

6 minutes ago, JYW said:

I could be wrong but has anybody ever asked for the security mechanism of the PMDG 737's door to be modelled?   I think PMDG have created a strawman here.  "We'll make it sound all high level and that we're impeded from adding something, because of sEcUrItY".

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

In fact, yes. People have asked about both the door opening, and the locking mechanism. And yes, PMDG literally are impeded from simulating the locking mechanism by law. The public can't know about how it works, at least in the US. There is a reason why no pilot, mechanic, airline or Boeing or Airbus will ever tell you how it works. On top of that, PMDG are bound by what Boeing allows them to do (just like there are failures that Boeing doesn't allow to be simulated). Boeing isn't for a second going to even think about allowing this, and Randazzo isn't going to implement this.

I don't know what's hard to understand here or why people are that fixated on this one developer - especially in a Fenix thread.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

nd yes, PMDG literally are impeded from simulating the locking mechanism by law. The public can't know about how it works, at least in the US. There is a reason why no pilot, mechanic, airline or Boeing or Airbus will ever tell you how it works.

Are you really posting, still talking about the magic security lock? 😄

44.jpg

To sum up:-

• I Don't doubt that PMDG can't feature "the lock".
  • Would like an opening cockpit door, in order to move from the flight deck to the cabin. Don't care about the lock
  • Fenix and PMDG are often compared in such threads. It's just something that happens. 😉
Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Can we get back to the Fenix version 2 now?

For those that have it working: is it awesome? My EFB is not working regardless of the recommended fixes. I have tried reinstalling as well. The Fenix is running before I start.....

For everyone else: Can you start a different thread of about video game doors?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

9 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

For those that have it working: is it awesome?

Yes - very happy with it. Sorry to hear that the EFB is not working for you, but it seems like Fenix are working hard on fixing the issues people are reporting, so hopefully you'll be able to fly it soon - and I think you'll like it. 

Yes, they are working with me. There are some tidbits in the manual that aren't exactly specific regarding their display.

It was annoying yesterday but maybe it will work.

Hopefully all the doors work hahaha

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

For those that have it working: is it awesome? My EFB is not working regardless of the recommended fixes. I have tried reinstalling as well. The Fenix is running before I start.....

Absolutely awesome. And works totally fine on my side.

EDIT: Also IF you start the Fenix app before starting MSFS (Which you really shouldn't), make sure both the Fenix app and MSFS are started with the same access level (i.e.: admin rights or no admin rights).

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

I tried one more Fenix flight yesterday afternoon. On approach to Rwy 27 at KSAN, about 14 miles out, the AP decides to disconnect itself. This was quickly followed by a tight 360, multiple turns, that kept going and going. Finally got it straightened out, reengaged the AP,, and one minute later, the same thing happened. Then I just hand flew the approach to 27 and landed. 

Had it towed to the avionics shop, . Back to the 737., 😏

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Thanks ya'll. After 6 attempts to reinstall, fenix devs helping in the shadows, firewall and AV have been off....

still not working. Oh well.

I am sure it will work soon. Its not like I have 14 other birds to fly hahah

Posted (edited)

I think someone asked about the settings in the Fenix app but sadly it drowned in the door discussion. So: what settings do people use? I haven't ticked off everything under Flight Deck Displays. Don't really understand the options, but I'm sure it's described in their knowledge base. 

EDIT: https://kb.fenixsim.com/fenix-app-options

Flight Deck Displays:

USE ALTERNATIVE DISPLAY RENDERER

This is the legacy CPU method from .146 - in some edge cases, especially those with less than 3GB of VRAM or very old graphics cards, this legacy method can actually see a slight improvement in FPS.
When should I use it? We recommend not to use this method unless you're touching the minimum specs of MSFS.

USE DISPLAY SYNCHRONISATION

It forces the sim and our displays to 'sync' - think of it like v-sync but for our displays and sim. It means there's very minimal delay/lag between the data sent to the displays, and it appearing visually. It has a slight FPS impact on some machines, and not everyone will need to enable it, so we've left it as an option.
When should I use it? If you see stuttering or delays in your displays, switch it on.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

13 minutes ago, JYW said:

Sorry if my post wasn't clear, or you were unable to understand it and had to use a condescending meme most commonly frequented by 11 year old boys.  I've therefore added one for you, above.

I see this was apparently a misunderstanding - but I fail to see how your post does not insinuate the security argument being dishonest, even if not indended, given the wording.

The Wendy line is a meme, but it's in no way condescending and it certainly isn't used by 11 year olds (?). Sorry if it came across like that.

The point of it is simply that this is not the place to vent about PMDG. Not sure why you think comparisons between the aircraft are the issue. The issue is following a Fenix thread to end up having to wade through tons of posts about PMDG and Randazzo and excuses again.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I'm wonder why the mods at Avsim, knowing the absolute word not allowed-show every thread about PMDG (or in this case NOT about) turns into, have not implemented some sort of auto delete of any post containing those letters....or RSR, promise, or any other thing that inevitably leads to a word not allowed-show.  Just flat out ban all posts about PMDG at Avsim, period. ....take it to their forums and discuss there. 

Long gone are the good old days here where you could openly bash Pappa Tango, PT, Peter Tarishma<sp?> because they were in fact the enemy of the community, and nobody disputed that, LOL.  Tom absolutely hated PT with a passion, and rightfully so.

Now we have people openly bashing a company that has brough us so many great planes...for trivial, ridiculous things that in light of current world events, seem insulting to even mention. 
A lot of you are negatively impacted by Russian and Ukrainian devs in the flightsim community who'd love nothing more than to join in conversations about our tiny, obscure, insignificant hobby, than to be dodging bullets and suicide drones.  Get some perspective.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I’d love to see people who repeatedly derail threads given a vacation from the forum rather than having the thread shut down, impacting the rest of us.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I'm wonder why the mods at Avsim, knowing the absolute word not allowed-show every thread about PMDG (or in this case NOT about) turns into, have not implemented some sort of auto delete of any post containing those letters....or RSR, promise, or any other thing that inevitably leads to a word not allowed-show.  Just flat out ban all posts about PMDG at Avsim, period. ....take it to their forums and discuss there. 

Long gone are the good old days here where you could openly bash Pappa Tango, PT, Peter Tarishma<sp?> because they were in fact the enemy of the community, and nobody disputed that, LOL.  Tom absolutely hated PT with a passion, and rightfully so.

Now we have people openly bashing a company that has brough us so many great planes...for trivial, ridiculous things that in light of current world events, seem insulting to even mention. 
A lot of you are negatively impacted by Russian and Ukrainian devs in the flightsim community who'd love nothing more than to join in conversations about our tiny, obscure, insignificant hobby, than to be dodging bullets and suicide drones.  Get some perspective.

Here here!

On that note. PMDG is amazing and I've always loved their products. Never had an issue with their rules. As for Fenix? Equally awesome as they're helping me sort through this mess. I remember before the 737 was released there were some unsavory and immature threads regarding the...get this....textures on the seat.... yeah. They didn't look "used enough" for some folks and it caused an uproar. Some of them should get outside a bit.

CptPiett. You took a hiatus (as I did) for a while. You've been helpful with my small struggles. No more hiatuses or I will sick the rebel scum against you.

For the rest of you complaining about video game doors, go start a different forum and a different thread. Literally nobody cares.

Edited by Sonosusto
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I’d love to see people who repeatedly derail threads given a vacation from the forum rather than having the thread shut down, impacting the rest of us.

Hey Dave....not even shutting a thread down....just not even letting one start that concerns PMDG.  If a member tries to interject their PMDG bias in another, unrelated thread, I say they get warned once, then permanently banned the next time.  I think we're all just about done with their nonsense...I surely am.

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

Here here!

On that note. PMDG is amazing and I've always loved their products. Never had an issue with their rules. As for Fenix? Equally awesome as they're helping me sort through this mess. I remember before the 737 was released there were some unsavory and immature threads regarding the...get this....textures on the seat.... yeah. They didn't look "used enough" for some folks and it caused an uproar. Some of them should get outside a bit.

CptPiett. You took a hiatus (as I did) for a while. You've been helpful with my small struggles. No more hiatuses or I will sick the rebel scum against you.

For the rest of you complaining about video game doors, go start a different forum and a different thread. Literally nobody cares.

I regret I have but one like for this post.

I enjoy flying both planes. The behind the scenes on how the planes are made I don't have any interest in.

Right now, I am flying the Fenix more than the PMDG. I haven't flown the PMDG since B2 released, but that was by design.

Life is too short, and too full of frustrations to worry about something in my hobby.

Back on topic. the B2 really is amazing. The EFB is nice and snappy now. So many QoL features like send to MCDU. I am giddy with the goofy cabin annoucements. I have no issues flying it, holding it on centerline, etc. I find my landings to be better in B2.

Are there annoyances? Sure. Most of them they are aware of and will fix in time.

I just want to fly my pretend airplanes.

Edited by BrammyH
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1