Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

1 hour ago, bendead said:

anyone knows when the next batch of livery will be available?

Not sure...but I know the guy painting this one said It will be on flightsim.to when he's done...Don't think he's able to get it on the Fenix livery app...that is for special painters. 🙂.

dI0bC5.png

• Like 5

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 minute ago, Steve Dra said:

dI0bC5.png

That's gorgeous!

I miss the classic anniversary Air France livery and also would love those one, they are on flightsim.to but only for the V1/CFM

spacer.png

38 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

You and others are PMDG fans ad so FS Labs and have nothing to say good about the Fenix. Fact if I'm wrong delete this post.

I kinda disagree with this.... I am FSL fan but have nothing bad to say. As a matter of fact they are very comparable (on my surprise TBH) and didn't mean that nobody else can make good workable Airbus....Just that we were used to good product by FSL, which indeed is (was). However Fenix is excellent really, and I do have issue (personal) that engine sound is not even close to the real bus....But again, my problem and not a complaint....Other than that, very nicely done in V2.

P.S. Oh BTW I am unable to set rudder calibration on take off.....woobly for me but will try to test few more settings for that...

Alex 

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Not sure...but I know the guy painting this one said It will be on flightsim.to when he's done

Looks great!  It’s quite a striking paint scheme, so rare to see a dark coloured airliner these days.

The Jets A320 can make for some interesting simming too, lots of sports teams to virtually haul around to unusual airports or corners of airports for airliners.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Regarding security features around the cockpit door: yes, Robert did say they'd never actually model the operation of the door - not that it would never just click to open.  There are elements of the door security mechanism that are visually modeled in the PMDG if you know what you're looking at - because these things are openly visible to pax when the door is open - but their operation will never be modeled.

I still don’t get this RSR security door whatever, looks like typical RSR excuse 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Posted (edited)

Oi. Thought I'd give the Fenix the good ole try. Installation issues (AV off) and still tablet doesn't connect. This is of course after several attempts to simply load it in the first place. Each time it would end in a freeze, CTD before loading and now after the 5th reinstall attempt (several restarts of PC and sim) ....  the tablet doesn't work.

Cool. I will fly something else until they fix this.

(and yes, I followed their guide on the tablet issues as well). No worky

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

3 hours ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

P.S. Oh BTW I am unable to set rudder calibration on take off.....woobly for me but will try to test few more settings for that...

I'm getting pretty decent results with rudder damping on, sensitivity -40%, dead zone 3%, reactivity 70%. With this I have no problem maintaining centre line, even with a bit of x-wind. Taxi using rudder for tiller is also a breeze - the plane feels nice and sturdy on the ground. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

I still don’t get this RSR security door whatever, looks like typical RSR excuse 🤷🏽‍♂️

...well, all I gotta say is that I got a bag of Robert for Robert's culinary delight. 😛

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

I don't understand what you're not getting about this?  We were just clarifying that Robert never said they wouldn't make it possible to open the 737 cockpit door at some point, just that they'd never model actual operation of the FDAS system for obvious reasons. 

I've never bothered trying to open the door in the Fenix or anything else, but I assume it's just a click spot somewhere?  It would be extremely irresponsible for a dev to actually model the operation of the system, and illegal for any SME to actually give a dev that information as it's all SSI.

• Upvote 2

Andrew Crowley

36 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

I don't understand what you're not getting about this?  We were just clarifying that Robert never said they wouldn't make it possible to open the 737 cockpit door at some point, just that they'd never model actual operation of the FDAS system for obvious reasons. 

I've never bothered trying to open the door in the Fenix or anything else, but I assume it's just a click spot somewhere?  It would be extremely irresponsible for a dev to actually model the operation of the system, and illegal for any SME to actually give a dev that information as it's all SSI.

Well what is the point of having a pretend simulation of the most popular aircraft flying in commercial aviation today? PMDG is supposed to be the pinnacle. What is going to happen when they release the MAX? will it even have functioning outside doors and missing bolts? Yeah the Elite of Flight sim since 2000.

1 hour ago, Stearmandriver said:

I am honestly confused why people are talking about....a door.....on a different plane.....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Just now, Sonosusto said:

I am honestly confused why people are talking about....a door.....on a different plane.....

National security I guess. At least in the USA.

59 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Well what is the point of having a pretend simulation of the most popular aircraft flying in commercial aviation today? PMDG is supposed to be the pinnacle. What is going to happen when they release the MAX? will it even have functioning outside doors and missing bolts? Yeah the Elite of Flight sim since 2000.

I'm still trying to understand what folks are having trouble with, about this.  Are you honestly suggesting that security sensitive operations should be modeled in a video game?  Do you suppose DCS should model classified sensor capabilities as well?  That would actually be less immediate of a security threat, I'd think.

There are folks who just like to look for any opportunity to bash a dev that isn't their chosen one.  Obviously, there's a baseline level of silliness in that... But if you're gonna do it, it at least has to make some kind of SENSE.  😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Andrew Crowley

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

I'm still trying to understand what folks are having trouble with, about this.  Are you honestly suggesting that security sensitive operations should be modeled in a video game?  Do you suppose DCS should model classified sensor capabilities as well?  That would actually be less immediate of a security threat, I'd think.

There are folks who just like to look for any opportunity to bash a dev that isn't their chosen one.  Obviously, there's a baseline level of silliness in that... But if you're gonna do it, it at least has to make some kind of SENSE.  😉

I have worked with chemicals before and on a Not word allowed chemical plant. Dodge bullets to not go to Desert Storm. DCS is cartoon into reality though Just like MSFS. P3D and Xplane too. Believe what you want you a RWP but stop the nonsense.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

46 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Believe what you want you a RWP but stop the nonsense.

What nonsense?

I think there's a lack of understanding here.  What was originally claimed was that PMDG wouldn't model an openable cockpit door for security reasons.  That's simply incorrect.

What they said was, they wouldn't accurately model the security mechanism on the door, for security reasons.  Because yes, if they did, then folks could use a video game to learn how it worked.  This would obviously be ridiculous.

This same system exists on Airbuses, but I'm willing to bet Fenix has not modeled it.  How do you open the door in the Fenix?  Do you just click on the knob?

Do you honestly think you just turn the knob to open the door in reality, in the post-9/11 world?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Andrew Crowley