Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

Posted (edited)

Very often in FS20 we have sloped runways and taxiways (and sometimes gates and parking areas too), we have to consider this with the IAE engines also.

Edited by Claudius_

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

The IAE definitely has that feeling of wanting to move!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

The IAE definitely has that feeling of wanting to move!

That’s normal for iae engines.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Been practising many many touch 'n go's in the IAE and I got to say that I struggle tremendously with thrust and pitch management on climbout. The think thing climbs like a rocket, especially with little or no payload. That's probably partly why I had so many AP disconnects, as the protection kicks in. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6200 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

24 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Been practising many many touch 'n go's in the IAE and I got to say that I struggle tremendously with thrust and pitch management on climbout. The think thing climbs like a rocket, especially with little or no payload. That's probably partly why I had so many AP disconnects, as the protection kicks in. 

Are you taking off very lightly loaded?   I tend to take off in the Fenix at about 70-80% MTOW and it's a pretty smooth climb out, speed and power wise.   

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 minute ago, JYW said:

Are you taking off very lightly loaded?   I tend to take off in the Fenix at about 70-80% MTOW and it's a pretty smooth climb out, speed and power wise.   

Yes. I mean, on those occasions when the bird was way ahead of my piloting skilles, I had burned most of the fuel, and had only 5 PAX. Go-arounds do get tricker the lighter the bird is. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6200 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

unfortunately instability in yaw-axis on ground at higher speeds could not be adjusted with my hardware, parked AC at the moment and waiting for further updates.

Ralf Andreas

Just read on Fenix Discord , that some liveries have been updated. I checked, and found two of mine have updates.  

• Like 1

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

44 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Just read on Fenix Discord , that some liveries have been updated. I checked, and found two of mine have updates.  

thought your wern't flying  the  fenix  no more as posted in a earlier  thread 🙂 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I hope we get the Fenix A320 Block 2 in Alaska Airline colors.  The A320 looked exceptionally well in Alaska Airlines livery.  

I am sure someone is working on it but it will take time since its a complex livery.  The first version of the A320 had Alaska Airlines colors. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, longhaul747 said:

I hope we get the Fenix A320 Block 2 in Alaska Airline colors.  The A320 looked exceptionally well in Alaska Airlines livery.  

I am sure someone is working on it but it will take time since its a complex livery.  The first version of the A320 had Alaska Airlines colors. 

It may not be high on their livery priority list, compared to realistic A320 operator liveries, with Alaska no longer flying the A320.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, JYW said:

It may not be high on their livery priority list, compared to realistic A320 operator liveries, with Alaska no longer flying the A320.

The must prefer aircraft that have their doors fall off. 😏

• Like 2

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)

Redundant

Edited by Cpt_Piett

Oh, while I'm at it with GSX. Why oh why can I hear the GSX ground operation sounds whenever I am? I mean, they're as loud if I'm right next to the aircraft at the gate at KBOS using drone cam - or in the middle of Boston CBD! 🤷‍♂️