Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

New Map Enhancement tool

Sim loading is really slow at the start compared to Autoortho, like 10x slower. When i do get to the plane location all the tiles are blurred.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UKflyer said:

Sim loading is really slow at the start compared to Autoortho, like 10x slower. When i do get to the plane location all the tiles are blurred.

Many reported it to be faster than Autoortho. I personnally haven‘t tried it yet.

• Like 1

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

6 hours ago, UKflyer said:

On my end two just hang at zeros during loading, the third computer won't even load. Was told it's being worked on.

• Like 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

This is so strange. I don't have non of the issues you guys are mentioning. I've loaded into LGAV with this app for the first time, and it was loading maybe 2 minutes tops. I can freely say it loads at least 3x faster than AO, at least on two tested areas.
No blurry tiles, everything was perfect with BI. There is Google Earth imagery too that comes with the free version, but ortho images are way more compressed, and look really ugly up close. And of course, there is that Google watermark everywhere if you want to find it. 🙂

As far as I understand paid version bring access to Apple Maps, and enhanced Google Maps imagery, probably better resolution and quality. 

• Like 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

On 3/7/2024 at 11:08 AM, UKflyer said:

My experience exactly.  Initial load was 10 minutes with all tiles outside the airfield blurry.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

What you don't do for money.

erekhe — Hier à 10:37
Beta Release Closure: The beta release will be closed in March, and all current testing versions will become non-functional.
1.0 Release Date: The official 1.0 version is scheduled for release on 13th April.
XP Map Enhancement:
Free Features: The XP map enhancement will include free features accessible to all users.
Pro Version: The pro version will be available exclusively through an annual subscription priced at $40 USD.
Pre-Release Period (1st to 13th April): Final preparations for the release will take place. During this time, a pre-release version will be available.
Subscription Offer: An 20% discount on the subscription rate will be offered, allowing users to subscribe at just $32 USD.

Please stay tuned for further updates and instructions on how to take advantage of the pre-release offer. 

• Like 1

Dominique un Français 

Citation

On 3/23/2024 at 3:12 AM, betampona said:

The pro version will be available exclusively through an annual subscription priced at $40 USD.

As Peavy said in the Rocketeer:

"Well, that's the end of that..."

• Upvote 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

3 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

As Peavy said in the Rocketeer:

"Well, that's the end of that..."

You don't need the pro version to use it.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I like the notion he's asking for a subscription selling this data that isn't his to sell. You can be 100% sure he isn't allowed to use and sell the map data like this.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

6 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

You don't need the pro version to use it.

True enough, Just saying that, for me and quite a few others, a subscription is a deal breaker for going any further than free...

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

15 hours ago, Sethos said:

Me gusta la idea de que esté solicitando una suscripción para vender estos datos que no son suyos para vender. Puede estar 100% seguro de que no tiene permitido usar ni vender datos del mapa de esta manera.

They don't charge for the data, they charge for the map improvement algorithms, you have a free version.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Aglos77 said:

They don't charge for the data, they charge for the map improvement algorithms, you have a free version.

That's not how it works. This is about using data that he isn't even allowed to use in this fashion, just because the data is available on the providers own free service, you can't just take that data / API and funnel it through whatever application you feel like and ask people for money as well. That is very much against the TOS for every single map provider, I can assure you.

You aren't allowed to download data off Google Maps either for your personal use either, that is also against the TOS. They will even ban your IP if they suspect it -- Like a lot of Ortho4XP users have found out.

This is far, far into a legal no-no zone what he is doing.

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I don't know all these legal things.  I have used this addon in mfs and I use it now in xplane with good results.

On 4/7/2024 at 2:04 PM, Aglos77 said:

I don't know all these legal things.  I have used this addon in mfs and I use it now in xplane with good results.

I also have it in ms2020 , it's quite good with the hybrid version of various maps.

14ppkc-6.png