Sign in to follow this  
Falconfly

PMDG 777 MSFS FIRST LOOK

3 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

I'm pretty sure even if you don't like the cost will be what ever they put it has since people want a decent long hauler.

The 787 and 747 is there for free. It's up to each person to decide if a payware aircraft is worth it to them. It's just the nature of people to want the best quality at minimal price, but that is not how it typically works.

If someone bought the 737-700 on release, it has cost you 10 cents per day. The cost of all these payware aircraft and fs2020 itself is almost unbelievably cheap considering what goes into them and that they also get updated and improved regularly.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

I don't think you understood what i was saying, there are other interesting aircrafts out there and i'll rather wait for them than pay for the third time for the same plane.

Oh I fully understood you alright. There isn't a high level 777 in MSFS. Nothing more needs to explained really, your point is moot.

• Like 2

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

39 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

With respect to the pricing strategy for the 737, I had to purchase the 800/900 base package for P3D, and then the 600/700 addon to get the version (-600) that I wanted. This time, I paid £30 for the -600 standalone option. Some you win, some you lose :wink:

ive got to ask.  why did you want the 600 ?

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

35 minutes ago, rjquick said:

The 787 and 747 is there for free. It's up to each person to decide if a payware aircraft is worth it to them. It's just the nature of people to want the best quality at minimal price, but that is not how it typically works. 

If someone bought the 737-700 on release, it has cost you 10 cents per day. The cost of all these payware aircraft and fs2020 itself is almost unbelievably cheap considering what goes into them and that they also get updated and improved regularly.

Yes they are free to a high standard but people want higher standards. Some people do not even have the 787 due to the package they bought. Not all carriers have 787's but have the triple. I would not say its unbelievable cheap but we agree to disagree on that. They get updated regularly they sure do but still missing features which are only now at least 5+years down the line being introduced after much of the community begged for it. Its really not cheap for when you have other developers with much high fidelity and can actually bring us things we want within a reasonable time frame for much less cost.

Saw the video. Imagined how this will go down on avsim. Checked this thread. And it exactly goes how I imagined. 

Gg boys. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

The CS 777 is good enough for me. Yes, it's basically a skin of the 747, but it's good enough to fly around. The issue I have with 'complex' planes is the performance. You'll experience an FPS hit and get stutters even if you have a very high-end PC. What's the fun in that? I feel the same way about these complex sceneries, which basically kill the immersion. I'm sure this product will be great for those who want the full experience of flying a 777, but for me, I'd rather have fairly basic planes that you can enjoy and not worry about taking a massive performance hit.

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

It has better runway performance, which means that it can get in and out of smaller airports. In other words, more destination options. I couldn't care less about real world routes, or what flies where. The 737-600 in PMDG house colours is all that I need :smile:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

59 minutes ago, YVR_23 said:

The CS 777 is good enough for me. Yes, it's basically a skin of the 747, but it's good enough to fly around. The issue I have with 'complex' planes is the performance. You'll experience an FPS hit and get stutters even if you have a very high-end PC. What's the fun in that? I feel the same way about these complex sceneries, which basically kill the immersion. I'm sure this product will be great for those who want the full experience of flying a 777, but for me, I'd rather have fairly basic planes that you can enjoy and not worry about taking a massive performance hit.

Performance of PMDG planes has never been a problem for me. The PMDG 737-600 is super smooth at high detail levels in dense scenery areas on my i5 7600k/6GB GTX 980Ti powered PC.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, 737_800 said:

Haven’t they said to lower the prices? If they will stick to the 737 pricing model it will be still quite expensive…

I'd actually expect it to be a bit more than the various 737s.

And I'd be really surprised if they offer a bargain basement priced 777 like the 736.

IMHO, the pricing of the 737s is fine relative to all the other Hi Fi airliners out there. The only people who seem to complain are the Completionists.

24 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

It has better runway performance, which means that it can get in and out of smaller airports. In other words, more destination options. I couldn't care less about real world routes, or what flies where. The 737-600 in PMDG house colours is all that I need :smile:

It's also the best looking variant in the NG series

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 hours ago, 737_800 said:

It‘s still expensive for one model.

compared to what?

If price is a problem, then the 736 is THE Best airliner value available in any sim. It may not be the exact model YOU want, but that doesn't mean an INexpensive Hi Fi 737/airliner isn't available.

And if you're talking about the 700/800 packages, those come with 3 models in each package (pax, freight & BBJ). Still a great deal for what's included.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Krakin said:

Landing gear. Usually where they skimp out

Yes that’s critical. You spend a lot of time in flightsim looking at the landing gear, almost as much as a cabin interior.

• Like 2

Cheers

Steve Hall

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, thepilot said:

I hope it's just the video/post editing, but these cockpit texture look underwhelming... also compared to the NG3. Great that the MAX is finally on the horizon, though.

Actually they are surprisingly accurate (within the limitations of the video). Maybe a bit more dust and grime needed, but that’s all.

Edited by cowpatz

Cheers

Steve Hall

32 minutes ago, micstatic said:

It's also the best looking variant in the NG series

Almost agree  - but the 900  - word not allowed i just like those

Funny thing is i fly for Norwegian Virtuel - 800

Michael Moe

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

I bought the 600, I liked the price and it flies great. Well worth it. 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310