Sign in to follow this  
raymar

What is going to happen when MSFS2024 arrives??

5 minutes ago, Krakin said:

There will be a mass exodus from day one and I'm confident 2024 will have a much smoother launch than 2020 did because the team is a lot more experienced now. Let's also not forget that on some level, 2024 is a massive fix for issues we've had with 2020.

I suppose my biggest concern is whether the 3rd party planes that I am buying today will fly in FS2024 or whether we will be purchasing a bunch of upgrades.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

A true flightsim fan will be in the queue at release time.  Those that say they will wait for a few weeks/months are not being truthful😁

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I guess I am a little more reserve on this version. I will watch these forums before making the jump. Usually software & games come out and there's tons of screaming then things settle down after the first few months. Though, having said this, I have been a day one on almost all flight sims back to the commodore period (aging engaged). I just don't feel this one will be much different than 2020 with the advent of some direct, and possibly forced, mission activities. One thing is for sure, I will be watching the launch day one. Guess it's a Wait & See for me, but good luck to Asobo & the crowds for sure..

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

I am certain I will purchase 2024 as soon as it is available and make the switch, leaving behind 2020 and gradually rebuilding on the new platform. I will likely purchase my new rig right before it releases.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dan Scott

I think I will wait a couple of weeks, until the dust settles, and we know how stable the new version is. Right now, MSFS2020  is rock solid. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

20 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think I will wait a couple of weeks, until the dust settles, and we know how stable the new version is. Right now, MSFS2020  is rock solid. 

Yeah. I will never forget the 2020 release day. Server issues, download times etc. Haha. I think I might wait a few weeks as well. Maybe longer if knowing several of my favorite developers can solidly state their planes/addons/scenery work in the new(er) sim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

55 minutes ago, Pivot said:

I just don't feel this one will be much different than 2020 with the advent of some direct, and possibly forced, mission activities.

A weather system that can dynamically create tornadoes sounds very different to me.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Its all going to depend for myself if the current version of Prosim737 will work with MSFS2024 and I do not have to purchase a separate license. If I had to buy a License for MSFS2024 I will stick with MSFS2020. 

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

4 hours ago, raymar said:

Do you expect a mass shift from MSFS2020 to MSFS2024, like from FSX to MSFS2020?  I wonder if we will be able to jump back and forth between the two for some period of time. Surely Microsoft/Asobo will not abandon MSFS2020 anytime soon.  Thoughts?  How about the major 3rd party guys, do you think they will shift priorities to the newer sim?

Just wondering. . 

Yes I do expect to see a huge shift, myself included. I will be purchasing as soon as I possibly can.

We will be able to jump back and forth between the two as it has been stated that both versions will be able to coexist at the same time on your computer. 

Support for 2020 is expected to continue. How long that is we don't know. But Asobo will not just turn the lights off on it once 2024 releases.

Asobo has said that most 3rd party addons will work in 2024. Even a lot of developers have stated they will not charge for 2024 compatibility. Surely some of the more advanced ones will need a hotfix to work out of the gate.

I would not think of 2024 as a completely new flight sim. Think of it more like going from P3Dv4 to P3Dv5 or X-Plane10 to X-Plane 11. Same core sim, just new features. If addons need to be updated they will be in days, weeks, months. Not starting over and needing 2-3 years to see aircraft release again.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

A true flightsim fan will be in the queue at release time.  Those that say they will wait for a few weeks/months are not being truthful😁

A true flightsim fan will wait for everything to be ported over. Since we know what default airliners are like and it may take some time for the developers to do what they need to do. Lets not forget how the servers will take a massive hit like when 2020 released and every update after releases. Can't wait to see the comments saying It's taking forever to download....

1 hour ago, raymar said:

I suppose my biggest concern is whether the 3rd party planes that I am buying today will fly in FS2024 or whether we will be purchasing a bunch of upgrades

Virtually all addons will work and a lot of devs have said they won't charge extra for upgrades that take advatage of the new sim's features. We already know that very little work is needed to make planes more compatible with the new flight model that will be in 2024.

I think scenery devs might have more work on their hands tbh. If 2024 provides a very noticeable leap in ground graphics, then a lot of work might be needed for things to not stand out in a bad way.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Will MSFS2024 be made available for purchase and download to the entire world (all servers) on release day?

Or, released e.g. by geographical area over a period of days?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yes, me too. I think quite a number of people will be happy to continue with FS20 until the change over to FS24 becomes compelling. As you say, MSFS2020 is running quite nicely at present.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Will MSFS2024 be made available for purchase and download to the entire world (all servers) on release day?

Or, released e.g. by geographical area over a period of days?

I'm moving to Kiribati for the launch day 🙂 

Edited by c912039
  • Like 4