Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

TDFI MD-11 V1.0 estimated to be feature complete by April 30

https://md11.tfdidesign.com/status/

So is anybody flying this now? Sounds like they are close to release. What are your thoughts about the quality of the plane if they are close to feature complete for Version 1.0 of the plane?

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

https://md11.tfdidesign.com/status/

So is anybody flying this now? Sounds like they are close to release. What are your thoughts about the quality of the plane if they are close to feature complete for Version 1.0 of the plane?

I hate to say it, but it's no where near completion in its current state. The product they have now does not feel like a heavy aircraft. The physics (in my opinion) are horrible at this point. They've had very few updates so far.... it seems like the next update is going to be a major one, but it looks like it's mostly systems and cosmetics. I'm still waiting for when they actually make it feel like a heavy. Still has tons of bugs. I'm not saying it wont end up being a great product, but simply in it's current state it's pretty miserable to fly and not fun at all (I do completely understand we are still very much testing it). Most importantly for me, I'm still unsure how they're going to be done with it anytime soon, but I guess time and updates will tell.

Edited by Keirtt
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

1 hour ago, Keirtt said:

I hate to say it, but it's no where near completion in its current state. The product they have now does not feel like a heavy aircraft. The physics (in my opinion) are horrible at this point. They've had very few updates so far.... it seems like the next update is going to be a major one, but it looks like it's mostly systems and cosmetics. I'm still waiting for when they actually make it feel like a heavy. Still has tons of bugs. I'm not saying it wont end up being a great product, but simply in it's current state it's pretty miserable to fly and not fun at all (I do completely understand we are still very much testing it). Most importantly for me, I'm still unsure how they're going to be done with it anytime soon, but I guess time and updates will tell.

Sounds like the story of their 717... it came out in an atrocious state, and those of us who purchased waited about 2 years for it to work.

• Like 2

TFDi sounds a little like this at this point.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mspencer said:

Sounds like the story of their 717... it came out in an atrocious state, and those of us who purchased waited about 2 years for it to work.

So now this release of that MD11 seems the same story, what a shame, and it looks like this beta Phase or what ever this is called still goes on almost another year, man that is what i hate on the developers.

And now it is clear, all we costumers will always be the "Beta Testers" and not a own Team..

cheers 🤔

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

What a pity.

Edited by Fiorentoni

3 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Really, is it only Fenix and PMDG by now that release (assuming 1.0 is release version) aircraft in an at least acceptable state?

JustFlight, Leonardo, A2A, FSReborn, FlightFX... and I'm sure there are a few others whose aircraft I'm unfamiliar.

We've also no idea yet about BlueBird Sim (though updates appear promising). Both FSLabs (if they ever release) and iFly should also have fully functional products at release.

Frustrating as it is, it's just the nature of flight sim on a new platform—it takes ages for the very best devs to create a 'feature complete' aircraft.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

9 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

JustFlight, Leonardo, A2A, FSReborn, FlightFX... and I'm sure there are a few others whose aircraft I'm unfamiliar.

We've also no idea yet about BlueBird Sim (though updates appear promising). Both FSLabs (if they ever release) and iFly should also have fully functional products at release.

Frustrating as it is, it's just the nature of flight sim on a new platform—it takes ages for the very best devs to create a 'feature complete' aircraft.

Yes upon further thinking about it I changed my comment. It's rather the same old perpetrators doing these very very very early access releases (FSS, inibuilds, TfDI)

• Upvote 1

Wow, it's not reassuring...

the MD-11 is really an aircraft I loved to fly in fsx so I that's really an aircraft I would like to have in my msfs hangar.

Hope things will get better by the time it is released

10 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

It's rather the same old perpetrators

It's those devs using the 'many and often' business model. With their products appearing more often, it can appear as though 'early access' aircraft are the norm in MSFS.

Thankfully, quality devs do exist and take a more measured approach.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Posted (edited)

They do only state 'feature complete', so all the features will be in there (well, the ones they intend to deliver), but it doesn't mean 'bug free'.  The final 'delivery to public' stage could still be quite some way away.

It is a pity that some people paid so much money quite a while ago for an incomplete beta, or what is commonly called early access now.

I also consider it quite expensive for an MSFS release, but people who bought it must have known what they were doing and were happy to accept the price and limitations.

As for me, I don't have much interest in the MD-11, but I am looking forward to the freeware DC-10.  Much more scope for all of those retro airlines colours as well!  Bring on CP Air!  :biggrin:

https://fselite.net/content/aero-dynamics-dc-10-kc-10-for-msfs-progress-update/

Funny how I have a lot of love for the DC-10, but care nothing for the MD-11 with basically the same layout.  One of those paradoxes I suppose.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Don't jump into conclusions before seeing the final product. Right now everyone is already judging it'll be word not allowed based on how it is now which is not final.

Most folks give high praises for that freeware 787 out there and the word not allowed thing flies like a cessna - It's actually ridiculous, but hey it has a nice EFB right?

• Like 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

46 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Don't jump into conclusions before seeing the final product. Right now everyone is already judging it'll be word not allowed based on how it is now which is not final.

Most folks give high praises for that freeware 787 out there and the word not allowed thing flies like a cessna - It's actually ridiculous, but hey it has a nice EFB right?

well is free, aka 0$, so is fine but not 90$ 😄

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, Nuno Pinto said:

:laugh:  Come on Nuno!  You are normally quite sensible, but 'flies like a Cessna' is a bit of an exaggeration.  At least one B787 pilot has been on the forums and says it is a fair representation of how the 787 flies.  

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, Nuno Pinto said:

It neither flies like a Cessna nor is the EFB nice (perf calc only, oh and doors).