Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

The 4 Things that will Disappoint in MSFS 2024

4 hours ago, GSalden said:

It is still in development, so how do you know that these issues will still exist at release ?

🧐

People finding negatives with a product that isn't even out yet.. Unreal.

• Like 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Me! You forgot the word "me" in your title.

Personally i will not be disappointed by those 4 small things, as all the rest seems to become truly amazing.

• Upvote 2

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Me! You forgot the word "me" in your title.

Personally i will not be disappointed by those 4 small things, as all the rest seems to become truly amazing.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, turbomax said:

now we know why they hired 500 new staff. makes me wonder if those pebbles couldn't have been placed by AI instead. 

No one said they were hand placed 

it would be impossible to hand place them 

Edited by Tuskin38

The OP's getting a good bashing here!   But although the chosen words weren't the wisest (and did make it sound like he was critiquing a product that's not even released), all I think he meant was "Which annoying MSFS bugs would you be most frustrated to STILL see in MFS2024?".

I agree with the suicidal ground crew!   The pilot controlled lights I couldn't give a monkey's arm about 😄

I'm sure some weaknesses of MSFS will transfer through to MFS2024, but hopefully there'll be a range of new 'wow' factors in the new sim, that will help take our minds off them.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

No one said they were hand placed 

I apologise, it could be only 3.965.237 billion pebbles. have to research better next time.

the rest will probably come in the first pebble world update.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Posted (edited)

Nice clickbait but I won’t join in the stoning, I am not holier than him 😈 . 

Anyway, I always marvel that things that are trifle to me like the OP’s can be an immersion killer for others. It might be that as an old simmer I’ve learned to ignore little flaws. I have accepted that they come with the territory. Not that I mind torchs and pitchforks once in a while.😁

What would aggravate me would be is a still imperfect cover of the world by satellite imagery  which has gotten worse in 4 years in FS20 and the various flavors of morphing of the terrain which have improved but still here. Also annoying for a low flyer is the vegetation edge transparency when there is a water background.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

My only wish is for photogrammetry to be improved so I don't see so melted buildings.

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

The thing is.... There is no such thing as a "thing". And this is disappointing already LOL 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

Nice clickbait but I won’t join in the stoning, I am not holier than him 😈 . 

Anyway, I always marvel that things that are trifle to me like the OP’s can be an immersion killer for others. It might be that as an old simmer I’ve learned to ignore little flaws. I have accepted that they come with the territory. Not that I mind torchs and pitchforks once in a while.😁

What would aggravate me would be is a still imperfect cover of the world by satellite imagery  which has gotten worse in 4 years in FS20 and the various flavors of morphing of the terrain which have improved but still here. Also annoying for a low flyer is the vegetation edge transparency when there is a water background.

Getting old has not taught me to ignore little flaws. I become more and more critical the older I get! That is probably why I have not played a first person shooter game in many years. I need considerably more depth than they appear to provide these days (and also less brainless shooting).

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, JYW said:

The OP's getting a good bashing here!   But although the chosen words weren't the wisest (and did make it sound like he was critiquing a product that's not even released), all I think he meant was "Which annoying MSFS bugs would you be most frustrated to STILL see in MFS2024?".

I agree with the suicidal ground crew!   The pilot controlled lights I couldn't give a monkey's arm about 😄

I'm sure some weaknesses of MSFS will transfer through to MFS2024, but hopefully there'll be a range of new 'wow' factors in the new sim, that will help take our minds off them.

@JYW, you're a careful reader and very perceptive of you. Thank you. Are you a lawyer and a reader of the fine print by chance? (wink, wink). That's a good thing.

I guess negative reactions to the post is the result of a jump to conclusion after missing the operative word ...'IF' in the post.

Inquiring minds want to know... isn't bashing or the act of stoning a negative action too? A case of perceived negativity or seemingly looking at glasses as half-empty being contagious? I'm confused as to who is being negative... 🙂 

Anyway, way back then being 'stoned' was a bad thing.  And now it's legal in some states in the US...  But I digress... lol

• Like 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

9 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Make the Ground Crew and Vehicles AI tech.. 😅🙃

cheers 😉

Oh lord... please... no. Not the same AI that drew a picture of George Washington that looked like Sulu from Star Trek?

They'll be pumping fuel into the trash cans, marshalling the GSX passengers, and loading suitcases into the catering vehicles.

They need to unwoke it first.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440