Sign in to follow this  

Is preset F not the default? Do I really have to manipulate registry for getting this?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Many people say this, but for some reason I don’t get this. Using DLSS in preset F (get ghosting with E).

Do you get blurring or ghosting (i.e. “fruit machine” effect on fast moving numbers)?

ghosting numbers is what i get, blurred displays is fixed.

Edited by SN737
  • Like 1

Sergio Naiberg

7 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Is preset F not the default? Do I really have to manipulate registry for getting this?

Not sure what is default. With DLSS tweaks (or whatever the app is called), some registry changes are required. With nvidia profile inspector, not required. https://youtu.be/47X4B0XREbc?si=NjYQ3mu6qTjWWNse

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Many people say this, but for some reason I don’t get this. Using DLSS in preset F (get ghosting with E).

Do you get blurring or ghosting (i.e. “fruit machine” effect on fast moving numbers)?

Ca you use DLSS+DLAA? Then there shouldn’t be any downscaling. 

Investigating. Right now with ULTRA quality at 0.85x and testing, DLAA is too slow. I am a bit like you, a tweaker, so don't find it odd that i'm trying to squeeze the max out of "word not allowed" hardware, i just love it 😛

EDIT: I do get ghosting on fast moving numbers (A320) or when turning in the ND lines. Not too serious but that's the DLSS part that annoys me the most. Again, investigating and using the "F" preset, seems to be the best in my case.

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I downloaded the latest version from GITHUB and the ghosting problem seems to be mostly gone. I am not 100% sure i replaced both DLLs the first time, only the FG one, i wonder if both are required... 

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

9 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I downloaded the latest version from GITHUB and the ghosting problem seems to be mostly gone. I am not 100% sure i replaced both DLLs the first time, only the FG one, i wonder if both are required... 

I just download both. You can use GPU-Z to check which versions are installed.

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

I don't use this myself, but I believe preset F must be used to take full advantage of the new code in v3.7.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

21 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I don't use this myself, but I believe preset F must be used to take full advantage of the new code in v3.7.

I believe the latest and greatest with 3.7 was Preset E (which had heretofore been unused). However, I use DLAA and that works a ton better with Preset F.

• Like 3

On 4/21/2024 at 12:22 AM, Cpt_Piett said:

Ca you use DLSS+DLAA? Then there shouldn’t be any downscaling. 

hey mate,

Its the ghosting or the 'fruit machine' effect that kills the immerson for me. Doesn't matter what preset I select (E or F) I get the ghosting numbers. This is what makes DLSS DLAA a show stopper for me.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

15 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

Its the ghosting or the 'fruit machine' effect that kills the immerson for me. Doesn't matter what preset I select (E or F) I get the ghosting numbers. This is what makes DLSS DLAA a show stopper for me.

That’s 100% understandable. For some reason I get very little ghosting, at least not at a level where it’s distracting. Very strange.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

That’s 100% understandable. For some reason I get very little ghosting, at least not at a level where it’s distracting. Very strange.

Actually - On further review, I will say that Preset F does improve the ghosting/fruit machine effect. 

I tried turning on Frame Generation with DLSS DLAA Preset F and got some horrible blurry effects on the scenery...not sure if others are reporting that. 

Edited by KL Oo
  • Like 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Is  the ghosting of numbers etc apparent with a 4090 and Frame gen on?

if so ,I won’t be upgrading my 3080ti.

thanks

mike

37 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

It’s strange, a lot of people complain about this whereas I barely have it. Check out my recent videos on my channel. I don’t think the issue is related to frame gen.

34 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

thanks

mike

If you wish to use DLSS (DLAA), the best solution is using a 4K resolution with Preset F enabled (not enabled by default). The reason for this is because Preset F is tuned to handle DLAA and while the amount of pixels rendered doesn't get rid of the underlying issue entirely, it does make it less noticeable. How much is going to vary depending on who you ask. I personally still have to leave it off and use FG with TAA instead but others are happy to use it and don't notice the ghosting/smear as much.

Hopefully later iterations of DLSS gets rid of it entirely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeymike said:

thanks

mike

Yes, but preset F and the 3.7 dll seem to be the best combo (for me at least) at reducing the fruit machine spool and ghosting effect.

• Like 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.