Sign in to follow this  
History

Is Asobo A310 still crashing?

Posted (edited)

No solution from the developer to solve the issue and it's been years. Has anyone managed to solve the crash during initial loading, and if so, what steps have you taken to troubleshoot and resolve this issue?

Edited by History

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

21 minutes ago, History said:

No solution from the developer to solve the issue and it's been years. Has anyone managed to solve the crash during initial loading, and if so, what steps have you taken to troubleshoot and resolve this issue?

Years?  As in more than one or many?

15 hours ago, History said:

I flew the A310 yesterday (as part of an experiment to reference the A300's sounds into the A310).

Loads up and runs perfectly at my end.

Have you tried loading the sim and A310 with nothing at all in your Community folder?

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

If I have FSUIPC running before I load the A310, the sim will CTD. If I load the plane first, I can use it. 

• Like 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Still crashes for me, easily over 2/3 of the time on initial load.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

3 hours ago, SKEWR said:

If I have FSUIPC running before I load the A310, the sim will CTD. If I load the plane first, I can use it. 

I wonder if this is the solution then, as I don't have FSUIPC.

Bill

Posted (edited)

Dont know about the A310, but I've yet to complete a flight in the A300-600, goes into uncontrolled dives, full electrical failure, refuses to follow vnav in descent and can't get the auto throttles to kick in on takeoff. I do not have any failures checked in the settings. It is now my star hanger Queen.

Edited by JustanotherPilot

steve southey

5 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

can't get the auto throttles to kick in on takeoff

That's most likely a user error. AT should activate the moment you click on the TOGA clickspot (do you do that?).

• Like 1

On 4/8/2024 at 6:12 AM, History said:

Just to be fair here - the actual developer is Microsoft. They say what and when their contracted team (in this case inibuilds) should work on the A310. Apparently right now they have no interest in that.

I too sometimes experience those CTDs on loading certain planes. Best workaround I found is... load another plane, then reload the A300.

spacer.png5800X3D, 64GB 3200 RAM, 7900 XT 20GB

It never crashed for me, i have well over 3000 hours on it. I mean NEVER.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

1 hour ago, Nuno Pinto said:

i have well over 3000 hours on it.

3000 hours??  On a plane that came out late last year?   Boy, how many hours do you sim per day? 😄

Bill

15 hours ago, SKEWR said:

Hm, I'll have to test that

17 hours ago, JYW said:

I flew the A310 yesterday (as part of an experiment to reference the A300's sounds into the A310).

Loads up and runs perfectly at my end.

Have you tried loading the sim and A310 with nothing at all in your Community folder?

I just uninstalled it through content manager. And I haven't tried loading the A310 with empty community folder. Will note this for future reference. Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuno Pinto said:

It never crashed for me, i have well over 3000 hours on it. I mean NEVER.

This is interesting. 

Some say disabling rolling cache prior to loading the plane does the trick