Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

New Fenix Download, A319/A321 info and flash sale

2 hours ago, sdirand said:

I don't know. No matter if FSL comes with an A330 and have a brief monopoly on that aircraft, I don't think we still live in a time in which you can sell a product at $149.99 and then ask $60 for each variant and then again $70 for sharklets. This time has come to an end.

PMDG has a monopoly on most Boeing aircraft and I don't think the 777 will cost as much as it cost on P3D.

Even on the A330, I don't think FSLabs would have a monopoly. Fenix might come with an A330 at some stage, maybe even before FSLabs.

About the A320, there is so much choice right now (Fenix, LatinVFR, FBW, and soon Inibuilds) that FsLabs would be fool to come with another A320 and even more with their former P3D prices. Most of us bought the Fenix now and only few of us would buy a FSLabs A320 now. It would have to come with specs never seen before in msfs for most of us to switch.

FSLabs really should have just pivoted to the A220, Instead they seem to just be sitting on their hands. I really think the A220 market is still very much up for grabs. That Inibuilds/synaptic partnership was good news but the synaptic team started work on the A22X back in 2021 and its now about to be May 2024 and we have yet to see a model. Everything has just been a rendering. That isn't serious in my opinion. Compared with the A380 from FBW they have footage of actual flight in sim. Unfortunately now that Inibuilds is a partner I feel FSLabs have lost the A220 market as well. Fenix has the A320 market on lock and I expect their A330 if announced would come along in quick succession and at a more reasonable price. I appreciate the devs that were pioneers in a way over the years but if you arent going to adapt/innovate you will get left in the dust. Flight Simulation is more popular than ever. In my opinion There really isnt anything left for FSLabs to capture. The PMDG 777 and A350 and likely the freeware A380 will be out already by the time FSlabs were to release an A330. I cant say alot of people would be interested in paying for another longhaul bird in their hanger unless you really love Airbus that much that you need 3 of them. But hey I guess FSlabs will have Concorde.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Displays are really too dark for me too. It is hard to read anything in top part of displays. But I think that it is HDR issue. That could explain why so many don't have this issue.

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7950X3D, 32Gb DDR5@6000Mhz, PCIe 4 NVMe SSD, RTX4090 GPU, HP Reverb G2 V2 VR

@Bobsk8 I agree that the displays are quite dim. As i am bad at attaching screenshots here, i suggest you put side by side comparison screenshots of PMDG and Fenix. Same time, same angle, full brightness. that will give people an idea.

• Like 1

Roi Ben

16 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

@Bobsk8 I agree that the displays are quite dim. As i am bad at attaching screenshots here, i suggest you put side by side comparison screenshots of PMDG and Fenix. Same time, same angle, full brightness. that will give people an idea.

He did and the PMDG screens are indeed way brighter on his screenshots. But as I really can read easily the top line on his A320 screenie, the mistake is not with Fenix...

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

2 minutes ago, AnkH said:

He did and the PMDG screens are indeed way brighter on his screenshots. But as I really can read easily the top line on his A320 screenie, the mistake is not with Fenix...

Comparing screens from two different aircraft's is pointless. Its also been said by IRL pilots that screens will just fade to be darker as time goes on.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Yeah, I know, what we are seeing, is not really what we are seeing....🤪

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)

Away from screen brightness issues, FSLabs being M.I.A., and back onto topic.

Here's what's interesting from today's Fenix blog post:

• Identified "gentle adjustments" to the flare and ground effect phases – specifically with ground effect modelling.
  • Currently re-tuning the ground friction modelling in line with the upcoming SU15 and its new ground friction modelling.
  • Aim is to deploy both of these as soon as possible and before the expansion pack is ready.
  • Looking to put the A319/A321 expansion into beta testing very soon™.

I'm a little surprised that this info isn't more call for celebration. @mmcmah even demonstrated a 12% performance increase with today's update that included over 50 items that were patched.

This shows a dev team willing to acknowledge customer feedback and act upon it quickly, especially after the long, long wait to deliver both blocks of the v2 update.

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 4

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

18 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Away from screen brightness issues, FSLabs being M.I.A., and back onto topic.

Here's what's interesting from today's Fenix blog post:

• Identified "gentle adjustments" to the flare and ground effect phases – specifically with ground effect modelling.
  • Currently re-tuning the ground friction modelling in line with the upcoming SU15 and its new ground friction modelling.
  • Aim is to deploy both of these as soon as possible and before the expansion pack is ready.
  • Looking to put the A319/A321 expansion into beta testing very soon™.

I'm a little surprised that this info isn't more call for celebration. @mmcmah even demonstrated a 12% performance increase with today's update that included over 50 items that were patched.

This shows a dev team willing to acknowledge customer feedback and act upon it quickly, especially after the long, long wait to deliver both blocks of the v2 update.

New update I guess will just be after SU15 if not on it. People just love to moan even though they have IRL pilots who deal with the same things on daily basis

2 hours ago, F737MAX said:

its pains me to agree with you.

14ppkc-6.png

Posted (edited)

Hell yeah can't wait for A321 IAE SL. Then hopefully NEO version haha. 

YBBN - WADD milk runs for me.

Edited by MikeH99

3 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

New update I guess will just be after SU15 if not on it. People just love to moan even though they have IRL pilots who deal with the same things on daily basis

I don't see anyone whining. This is the problem today is that any non-glowing comment in any area is considered whining or hating.

People need to harden up a bit. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Porrett

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yeah, I know, what we are seeing, is not really what we are seeing....🤪

Yeah we get it you like PMDG 737 (no problem with that) and not the Fenix so just park it. So no need to rail on them in every thread and move on.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Yeah we get it you like PMDG 737 and not the Fenix so just park it. So no need to rail on them in every thread and move on.

I muted Bob a while back and it helps make this forum a bit better 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DavidP said:

I don't see anyone whining. This is the problem today is that any non-glowing comment in any area is considered whining or hating.

People need to harden up a bit. 

You really have to just look at the one main person who does it and most feel the same way. We get it they like PMDG better but if you can't read displays like aircrafts have and trying to compare to a very different aircraft you need to think before saying.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, chapstick said:

I muted Bob a while back and it helps make this forum a bit better 

Why should I block Bob hes a net positive to this forum with an opinion. Sometimes other's just don't agree with that. But if you are not satisfied with a product (not saying you) drop it and move on.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 1